X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alentown pa
    started a topic Jernigan

Jernigan

Just wanted to see what people's take on him is...I saw Randle caught a pass and got some PT...Anyone know what the deal with Jernigan is ?...I was hoping he would become the 3rd reciever this year...never thought it would be Barden, I know he has only had one game and did most of it with loose coverage but it was fun to see...anyway...Is jernigan slow in learning the offense?

• yoeddy
    replied
    Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
    When the Giants drafted Jernigan my first thought was why are they drafting a 5'8" WR? How often do short receivers justify a 3rd round pick? I know we need a kick returner, but a third round pick? Reese has made many good moves. This was not one of them. Should have used it on OL.
    I completely agree...thought they would have learned their lesson with Sinorice...

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Hes got talent but i'm telling you when these guys leave such a sour taste in Coughlins mouth to start there careers, its tough for them to get playing time going forward, especially when its a talented positon within the team.. Same happened with David Wilson, and it woulden't be surprising if it takes quite awhile before we see him overcome his ugly play early on and actually get legit chances to show what he can do...
    Wilson is returning kick offs. Brown is running/blocking better than Wilson at the moment. Wilson will develop at his own pace. The fact that Wilson is trusted to field kicks offs would indicate Coughlin's taste buds are fine.

Here are the snap counts in the Panthers' game for wide receivers and running backs, not including special teams plays

Cruz 63 snaps (88%)
    Brown 54 snaps (78%)
    Randle 27 snaps (39%)
    Wilson and Jernigan 4 snaps (6%)

Virtually every one not inactive got on the field.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 09-25-2012, 07:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nycsportzfan
    replied
    Originally posted by alentown pa View Post
    Just wanted to see what people's take on him is...I saw Randle caught a pass and got some PT...Anyone know what the deal with Jernigan is ?...I was hoping he would become the 3rd reciever this year...never thought it would be Barden, I know he has only had one game and did most of it with loose coverage but it was fun to see...anyway...Is jernigan slow in learning the offense?
    Hes got talent but i'm telling you when these guys leave such a sour taste in Coughlins mouth to start there careers, its tough for them to get playing time going forward, especially when its a talented positon within the team.. Same happened with David Wilson, and it woulden't be surprising if it takes quite awhile before we see him overcome his ugly play early on and actually get legit chances to show what he can do...

Leave a comment:

• CruzSoldier
    replied
    Yes good point another indictment would be the giants drafting Rueben Randle in the second round ...........I don't think he will be in the giants plans long term

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
    Reese has not been wrong often....and there is no real evidence he is wrong here....why don't we give it some time and see if the natural gifts shine through( I am confident they will)
    Patience is a virtue and Reese has it in spades

Leave a comment:

• fansince69
    replied
    Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
    When the Giants drafted Jernigan my first thought was why are they drafting a 5'8" WR? How often do short receivers justify a 3rd round pick? I know we need a kick returner, but a third round pick? Reese has made many good moves. This was not one of them. Should have used it on OL.
    Reese has not been wrong often....and there is no real evidence he is wrong here....why don't we give it some time and see if the natural gifts shine through( I am confident they will)

Leave a comment:

• moosedrool
    replied

Leave a comment:

• juice33s
    replied
    Originally posted by RagTime Blue View Post
    People forget that Manningham did practically nothing for two years.
    How is 57 catches, 822 yards and 5 TD's in year two practically nothing?...Who could forget his 10 catch 150 yard performance in week 2 against the Cowboys that season.....I honestly thought he was going to be a star after that game

As for JJ it's never a good omen when a player regresses in his role rather then progressing. The guys at the absolute bottom of the WR depth chart after also loosing his job on special teams....Even with hixon out with a concussion, it was Randle who took over the PR duties

Leave a comment:

• moosedrool
    replied
    He's a backup slot receiver at best.

Leave a comment:

• gmen46
    replied
    Originally posted by RagTime Blue View Post
    Actually, he had his second best season to date--in TDs, yards, receptions--during his second year.

Leave a comment:

• Rusty192
    replied
    Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    What does that mean?
    It means I was being sarcastic.

Leave a comment:

• RagTime Blue
    replied

Leave a comment:

• yoeddy
    replied
    I have never been a fan of 5'8" receivers. Would be great if he could contribute as a KR/PR....

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Originally posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    No reason not to be patient with him . . . . we have plenty of guys who can do the job now, so no need to rush him . . . .
    +1

Leave a comment:

Working...
X