Giants' Andre Brown will likely play behind Ahmad Bradshaw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' Andre Brown will likely play behind Ahmad Bradshaw

Giants' Andre Brown will likely play behind Ahmad Bradshaw, who returns from injury this week

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1167519

Excerpt: "Andre Brown may have revived the Giants’ rushing attack over the last two weeks, but Ahmad Bradshaw
    is now ready to take his job back.

Bradshaw was cleared by doctors on Monday to return to practice this week, according to a source familiar with his situation. Bradshaw missed the Giants’ win in Carolina on Thursday with a sprained neck that he suffered early in the Giants’ win over the Buccaneers on Sept. 16.

Since then, Brown has more than adequately filled in for Bradshaw, rushing for 184 yards on 33 carries and an impressive 5.6 yards per carry with three touchdowns. Bradshaw is averaging 4.3 yards per carry (22 carries, 94 yards), though that average was boosted by a 33-yard, garbage-time run on opening night." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

as it should be until one emerges as the clearly superior
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Not a surprise
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

his pass protection is better and Babin and Cole are dangerous, so it's probably a smart move, but like everyone im excited to see if Brown can pick up where he left off against a legit D ... Brown will get a good number of carries, IMO ... maybe 15-18
        Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

I say give both equal opportunities until one proves that he can run better against the Eagles D, then stick with that guy. Brown probably will do a better job of running between the tackles, which is probably a better way of run-attacking that D, as opposed to bouncing it outside.

Comment

No different to when Jacobs was with the team. Brown will get his chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
              No different to when Jacobs was with the team. Brown will get his chances.
              +1

Comment

i think AB1 as the #1 is proper. AB2 hasnt shown enough (yet) to be the #1 imo!

it is a good problem to have especially if both players are buying in.

i look forward to this duo carving defenses up!
                sigpic

Comment

Bradshaw is clear to practice, don't know if he will be ready to fly on Sunday so expect to see Brown in there. If Bradshaw does suit up I think he will be limited until he is fully healed.
                  Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

I'm just glad this showed us how much depth we have. The ABs will hold down the fort.
                    The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
                      AB2 hasnt shown enough (yet) to be the #1 imo!
                      Brown's Yards After Contact is 3.7. That is the average the led the entire NFL last year. And from what I've seen, he has shown more than enough, and more than Bradshaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Morrison View Post
                        Bradshaw is clear to practice, don't know if he will be ready to fly on Sunday so expect to see Brown in there. If Bradshaw does suit up I think he will be limited until he is fully healed.
                        Brown is going to play no matter what Bradshaw does or doesn't do.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                          Brown's Yards After Contact is 3.7. That is the average the led the entire NFL last year. And from what I've seen, he has shown more than enough, and more than Bradshaw.
                          The key could be the revamped offensive line. How much does that affect the equation?

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            The key could be the revamped offensive line. How much does that affect the equation?
                            Location of first contact evaluates the OL, Yards after contact evaluates the RB.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              We will find out this week. If Bradshaw can't move the ball this week, but Brown can I expect a lot of people here being ready for Bradshaw to take a backseat to Andre, right or wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X