Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Eli Manning The Best Quarterback in The NFL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Eli Manning The Best Quarterback in The NFL?

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/0...ck-in-the-nfl/
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

oh boy....here we go....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I don't know but he is good enough to win SuperBowls. I wouldn't trade him for anyone right now.

Comment

Opens door, sticks head in..."YES".....closes door.

Comment

haha, i remember thinking, well Eli has now put the silly Elite discussions to bed, so we wont have to talk about Eli's place in the NFL this season

doh! .... i was wrong

1st let the media go on drooling over the 0-3 Brees, the 1-2 Brady and the 1-2* Rodgers ... those players are far more egotistical .... Eli just loves to play and compete ... he only worries about 1 trophy

but i will say this .... Best 4th Qtr. QB in the league and just like in the NBA ... the 4th Qtr. is what matters most
          Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

If we're just talking about this season so far, I have to go with Matt Ryan. He just made the 2-0 Chargers look like little boys on the road with his new no huddle offense. He's playing like Aaron Rodgers did last season. I do feel more comfortable with Eli in those pressure situations like against Tampa in Week 2 or in the playoffs which Ryan has yet to win a game. Should be an interesting season.

Comment

Matt Ryan just got shutout a few months ago. Until I see what he can do in the playoffs I'm putting my money on Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
                I don't know but he is good enough to win SuperBowls. I wouldn't trade him for anyone right now.
                He is the best quarterback for this team. For this City.

Comment

He is elite and he is a Giant...that makes him the best QB in the NFL imho...

Comment

The simple answer is no. He's the best in the 4th quarter and he's got ice water in his veins, but Rodgers is still the best QB in the league. I wouldn't trade him for any other QB in the league however (would strongly consider Rodgers), but he's not the best.

If I had to make a list, this is what it would look like.

1. Aaron Rodgers
                    2. Tom Brady
                    3. Drew Brees
                    4. Eli Manning/Ben Roethlisberger
                    6. Tony Romo
                    7. Matt Ryan
                    8. Phillip Rivers
                    9. Peyton Manning
                    10. Matt Stafford

Right now I'd have Eli at 4th tied with Ben. Until Brees and Brady drop their level of play for more than 3 games I can't put Eli over them. Rodgers is gonna be the best for a long time, I can't see Eli surpassing him, but who knows. This list is overall, obviously not based off only this year.
                    Last edited by crossouttheeyes; 09-25-2012, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crossouttheeyes View Post
                      The simple answer is no. He's the best in the 4th quarter and he's got ice water in his veins, but Rodgers is still the best QB in the league. I wouldn't trade him for any other QB in the league however (would strongly consider Rodgers), but he's not the best.

1. Aaron Rodgers
                      2. Tom Brady
                      3. Drew Brees
                      6. Tony Romo
                      7. Matt Ryan
                      8. Phillip Rivers
                      9. Peyton Manning
                      10. Matt Stafford

Right now I'd have Eli at 4th tied with Ben. Until Brees and Brady drop their level of play for more than 3 games I can't put Eli over them. Rodgers is gonna be the best for a long time, I can't see Eli surpassing him, but who knows. This list is overall, obviously not based off only this year.
                      yeah but Rodgers is a ******.....lol
                      did you see him last night "unholster his imaginary gun" and blow on it when he ran for a first down. Please....take ur belt dance and lame celebrations and stick them.....Rosgers is a great QB but I will take Eli every day of the week.
                      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by crossouttheeyes View Post

1. Aaron Rodgers
                        2. Tom Brady
                        3. Drew Brees
                        6. Tony Romo
                        7. Matt Ryan
                        8. Phillip Rivers
                        9. Peyton Manning
                        10. Matt Stafford

This lists seems a bit overly influenced by....I don't know...ESPN or something.

Not sure how in good faith you could rank Tom Brady ahead of Eli.
                        My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                          yeah but Rodgers is a ******.....lol
                          did you see him last night "unholster his imaginary gun" and blow on it when he ran for a first down. Please....take ur belt dance and lame celebrations and stick them.....Rosgers is a great QB but I will take Eli every day of the week.
                          lol, he couldn't pull that one off at all. His celebrations get stale real quick.

The only reason I would consider it is because Rodgers is younger and I've never seen a QB come close to how consistently efficient he is while still making plays that wow me. I've only been watching football for 10 years or so, but I've seen a lot of great QBs, and none have impressed me as much as Rodgers (other than Eli's 2012 playoff run). Maybe it was because I was to young to understand how great Peyton was in his prime, but I feel like I'm watching something special when I watch Rodgers play. I'd still take Eli though. Any day of the week.

Comment

As of right now, Eli is probably the second or third best QB in the game. I might put Matt Ryan and Matt Schaub ahead of him as of right now because of their stats, and their record.
                            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Right now Eli is.

He hasn't even played to his usual potential this year. against the Panthers we were destroying them so badly he left the game early.

Honestly, Rodgers hasn't impressed me like I thought he would so far, so I'm going with Eli.

Comment

Working...
                              X