Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Keith Rivers play against the Eagles this week?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Will Keith Rivers play against the Eagles this week?

    Does anyone know if Rivers will play this week haven't heard much about his medical status?
    He will be big in this game making sure Shady McCoy can't reach the edges and being able to track down Micheal Con-Vick.
    Last edited by CruzSoldier; 09-25-2012, 03:19 PM. Reason: spelling

  • #2
    Honestly, we have so much speed at the LB spot with Kiwi, Boley, Williams that is Rivers isnt 100% he should sit before he reagrivates it again. Remember, it is more important to be healthier down the stretch then early in the year.
    WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

    Comment


    • #3
      Probably not
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes J. Will and Boley are fast enough but we will need them to cover Celek i'm confident that Boley can cover Celek 1 on 1 this game is going to come down to who ever O-line plays the best.

        Comment


        • #5
          Isn't he still nursing a hammy?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
            Isn't he still nursing a hammy?
            Yes, yesterday, or the day before, he said he didn't know if he'd be ready for the Eagles. But with the array of talent we have at LB this year, I'd prefer Keith get 100% healthy and bring those fresh legs to the game in October.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

            Comment


            • #7
              the hammys are frustrating .... Coe, Hosley, Rivers, Ojomo ... only good news is that we never saw any of them ... or at least i didnt ...leave the field grabbing at the hammy ... obviously limping ... so we are hoping just pulls and tweaks ... still hammys ... soft tissue injuries are tricky b/c you can practice fine and feel fine, but when the actual game requires 100-110% with Coe being the best example ... the hammy balks like it did on 2 TDs Coe gave up

              of the 4 ... i will take Hosley ... he looks like the real deal ... but if we can get 2 or 3 of them back .... that would be sweet
              Apologize to Melo 5

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GMan-67 View Post
                the hammys are frustrating .... Coe, Hosley, Rivers, Ojomo ... only good news is that we never saw any of them ... or at least i didnt ...leave the field grabbing at the hammy ... obviously limping ... so we are hoping just pulls and tweaks ... still hammys ... soft tissue injuries are tricky b/c you can practice fine and feel fine, but when the actual game requires 100-110% with Coe being the best example ... the hammy balks like it did on 2 TDs Coe gave up

                of the 4 ... i will take Hosley ... he looks like the real deal ... but if we can get 2 or 3 of them back .... that would be sweet

                If Hosley can get healthy, he could well be the surprise of the season on defense
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                  Honestly, we have so much speed at the LB spot with Kiwi, Boley, Williams that is Rivers isnt 100% he should sit before he reagrivates it again. Remember, it is more important to be healthier down the stretch then early in the year.
                  What? Speed? I need guys who can play and right now as far as Linebackers go I only trust Boley and Rivers. If Rivers isn't playing then that's a bad thing.
                  My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

                  Burier: Yes.

                  My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

                  Burier: Yes. I promise.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Honestly looking at Rivers play in preseason and the Dallas game he was looking like the best player on the field for the giants

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Arguably Jacquain and Rivers are our most athletic LB's.

                      Would love to see Rivers be healthy in order to slow down either McCoy or Celek.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        when rivers took on a solid block from a dallas o-lineman and still managed to rip demarco murry down with one arm very aggressively, i was immediately sold. murry had a full head of steam which goes to show the raw power of rivers

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mr. G-Man View Post
                          when rivers took on a solid block from a dallas o-lineman and still managed to rip demarco murry down with one arm very aggressively, i was immediately sold. murry had a full head of steam which goes to show the raw power of rivers
                          Rivers was one great move by Jerry Reese
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mr. G-Man View Post
                            when rivers took on a solid block from a dallas o-lineman and still managed to rip demarco murry down with one arm very aggressively, i was immediately sold. murry had a full head of steam which goes to show the raw power of rivers
                            Dude was the biggest reason DeMarco Murray got shut down in the first half, I firmly believe if Keith Rivers is in the game, that 68 yard run doesn't happen.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I certainly hope so, he is great athlete!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X