Where do you rank Eli

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you rank Eli

So its 2012. I been light on the boards as of late. I been on here since 2001 and I seen the haters move to supporters.

Is Eli the best QB in football?

I can't give it to Matty because he is Peyton early in his career. Rodgers has come back down to earth a bit here and shows he gets too many chances holding onto the ball. I never thought big ben was as good. Eli is no dbout top 5 becaused you can never say who is the best.

Has anyone seen Shawn Merriman?

http://boards.giants.com/showthread....ack-in-The-NFL

again???!!!
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

You have the choice of not responding to it. I didn't have time this morning to read through 5000000 threads. I just wanted to see my old school boys opinions. ie guys like Harooni and what not. I didn't realize it was posted yesterday. Good link tho. Thanks

I just like to come back and check the pulse. I actually projected HOF QB STATUS and 2 rings. But now I think maybe more lke 2-4 ring area

I was beat up alot on the boards but around the draft of 2004. Reading what Ernie scouted back in the day is also amazing. He saw all this.
      Last edited by elismom; 09-26-2012, 08:49 AM. Reason: me

Comment

Originally posted by elismom View Post
        You have the choice of not responding to it. I didn't have time this morning to read through 5000000 threads. I just wanted to see my old school boys opinions. ie guys like Harooni and what not. I didn't realize it was posted yesterday. Good link tho. Thanks

I just like to come back and check the pulse. I actually projected HOF QB STATUS and 2 rings. But now I think maybe more lke 2-4 ring area

I was beat up alot on the boards but around the draft of 2004
        my point exactly.......
        why start another pissing contest over the same old ****.....
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Its not a pissing contest brotha. This is my post with my views. I get it. Its been the same way for a long time. Its to early to tell but look at Rodgers, he is struggling and why? Because teams have caught on and because his fall off in players and quite frankly he has a ton more talent around him. Look at Finley, he tweeted some disrespectful things about Rodgers. Albeit it was wrong but he did. You never see that with Eli. Bennett has hafl the talent of Finley but has double the stats this yr and production. The fact is..................QB is more then throwing and being the prima donna. YOur the franchise and nooone can rep their franchise like Eli. Just suits up every single week never misses a snap, never disrespects himself or the franchise or his family. Soak it up boys because this right here doesn;t last forever. Around every other corner Dave Brown waits!! UGH

Comment

Its not a pissing contest brotha. This is my post with my views. I get it. Its been the same way for a long time. Its to early to tell but look at Rodgers, he is struggling and why? Because teams have caught on and because his fall off in players and quite frankly he has a ton more talent around him. Look at Finley, he tweeted some disrespectful things about Rodgers. Albeit it was wrong but he did. You never see that with Eli. Bennett has hafl the talent of Finley but has double the stats this yr and production. The fact is..................QB is more then throwing and being the prima donna. YOur the franchise and nooone can rep their franchise like Eli. Just suits up every single week never misses a snap, never disrespects himself or the franchise or his family. Soak it up boys because this right here doesn;t last forever. Around every other corner Dave Brown waits!! UGH
            not with you per se....but these Eli threads always turn into "I am right and you are wrong"...or..."I told you so"...
            like you said I should just avoid them........
            As far as the top QBs....IMO they cant be ranked indisputably 1, 2, 3, etc. They top QBs have dif skill sets and many other variables that get brought into the conversation to prove one point or the other. The top QBs are ranked at the top in particular order IMO. Top 5 are top 5 so to speak

Comment

Need a dedicated Eli forum. Swap out the lifeless Fantasy one. Or the lifeless General Sports one.

Or the lifeless Entertainment one...

Comment

He's the best QB of all time.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  He's the best QB of all time.
                  THERE HE IS!! LOL!!!!!

Comment

THERE HE IS!! LOL!!!!!
                    And you are the greatest poster in the history of the Giants MB.

Comment

And you are the greatest poster in the history of the Giants MB.
                      As I stood against the entire board and defended my sonI thought to myself, "one day will I be the best of a group of idiots" And today I am! Thank you More

Comment

As I stood against the entire board and defended my sonI thought to myself, "one day will I be the best of a group of idiots" And today I am! Thank you More
                        Pound your chest all you want Olivia, but throughout Eli's career he has had some very good play and some very poor play. Poor play that you would defend and most of us would admit. During the last season and the beginning of this year he has played far better than he ever had. He's been more calm and elusive in the pocket and has made far better decisions. He has always thrown a nice ball. And in my view has always been more accurate than some posters gave him credit for. This is just the reality of Eli. Its the evolution of a QB.

Now of course there come you guys who think that somehow you are vindicated by his play. Well forget it. I am quite happy with Eli these days as are all Giants fans.
                        You guys who are determined to pit Giants fan vs. Giants fan drive me nuts. Its impossible for you to enjoy our team's and our QB's success without trying to make someone else miserable.
                        Good luck with all of that son.

And you call yourself an old timer. You may remember my battles with Izbo when I vigorously defended Eli for years. But I have always been willing to discuss his shortcomings.

Comment

Pound your chest all you want Olivia, but throughout Eli's career he has had some very good play and some very poor play. Poor play that you would defend and most of us would admit. During the last season and the beginning of this year he has played far better than he ever had. He's been more calm and elusive in the pocket and has made far better decisions. He has always thrown a nice ball. And in my view has always been more accurate than some posters gave him credit for. This is just the reality of Eli. Its the evolution of a QB.

Now of course there come you guys who think that somehow you are vindicated by his play. Well forget it. I am quite happy with Eli these days as are all Giants fans.
                          You guys who are determined to pit Giants fan vs. Giants fan drive me nuts. Its impossible for you to enjoy our team's and our QB's success without trying to make someone else miserable.

And you call yourself an old timer. You may remember my battles with Izbo when I vigorously defended Eli for years. But I have always been willing to discuss his shortcomings.
                          I agree with all of this ,plus....the biggest problem I have had through the years...is not the predictions of what he will do ...but that too many on here wanted everyone to give Eli accolades that he hadn't earned yet.....Greatest Qb in Giant history,........Greatest qb in nfl....greatest Qb in history.....all things maybe he will or will not be......but he was NOT those things when all these discussions were taking place......and the arguments would start because many saw Eli as what he might become ...but many claimed he was already there...and he wasn't
                          "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Thank you for that. It takes a big man to step up when he is wrong.

Either way. I am and always will be a EAST RUTHERFORD NJ NATIVE DRINKING I THE LOT for any and all GIANTS PLAYERS!
                            Maybe one day I will post up my state championship video link of me returning punts in the old stadium. I ain;t from mass brother I grew up in the meadows of NJ!!! SON!

Comment

Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
                              I agree with all of this ,plus....the biggest problem I have had through the years...is not the predictions of what he will do ...but that too many on here wanted everyone to give Eli accolades that he hadn't earned yet.....Greatest Qb in Giant history,........Greatest qb in nfl....greatest Qb in history.....all things maybe he will or will not be......but he was NOT those things when all these discussions were taking place......and the arguments would start because many saw Eli as what he might become ...but many claimed he was already there...and he wasn't
                              For me, sitting in the stands of his first win. Where he audibled to Tiki with no timeouts to a run to beat dallas in the 4th qtr I said this kid is special./ To have the b*lls to audible to a run with no timeouts to win a game was alot for a young rookie QB. For me I began to learn at that moment we have a special kid for the next decade or so,. But me, I just know football

Comment

Working...
                              X