The Eli Manning appreciation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eli Manning appreciation thread

Some fans here are to young to remember the bad old days. So for you young fans, bandwagon fans, die hard fans, fair weather fans, QB's like Eli come along once in a lifetime and sometimes twice ( Y.A. Tittle ). So win or lose, we should show nothing but love and admiration towards Eli because we may never see the likes of him in a Giants uniform in our lifetime again!
    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

I''m only 21 and have had the chance to follow football for less amount of time than you guys, but all I've heard was the same thing - that we should appreciate Eli Manning because he is one of the best QBs that the Giants have had thus far.

Comment

BigJeep. You know me brother. I love stopping in and gloating about my prediction once and awhile.
      I love running back to 04 and seeing me perdict 2 rings minimum for easy

Comment

Yea, if he keeps it up he'll have us forgetting Norm Snead.

Comment

Eli has truly turned this franchise around. It's almost like he has instilled a winning mentality and the front office is following. I think the best days are ahead for the Giants organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
            I''m only 21 and have had the chance to follow football for less amount of time than you guys, but all I've heard was the same thing - that we should appreciate Eli Manning because he is one of the best QBs that the Giants have had thus far.
            only21...!!
            I knew I didnt like you for some reason.....
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

What...you didn't like Dave, Danny or Kent???

I actually enjoyed having Collins and Warner but still, I agree 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by M00KIE View Post
                What...you didn't like Dave, Danny or Kent???

I actually enjoyed having Collins and Warner but still, I agree 100%.
                you know the one QB I always stick up for is Dave Brown...
                Obvioulsy he stunk but you know what the guy tried his hardest, never complained about anything, and gave it a 100%. His 100% wasnt good enough but it is the best he could do. He just wasnt an NFL QB......
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan
                  It was actually George Young who turned this franchise around.
                  ^^this

Comment

It was actually George Young who turned this franchise around.
                    Thats right ...
                    Dave Brown and Danny Kannell have nothing on Randy Johnson and Joe Pisarcek.
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                      ^^this
                      I began watching in the Joe Pisarchek (sp?) days, agree 100%. Seen a lot of QB's come through, been through some rough stretches. You can't really enjoy the good times if you don't know the bad ones.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
                        Some fans here are to young to remember the bad old days. So for you young fans, bandwagon fans, die hard fans, fair weather fans, QB's like Eli come along once in a lifetime and sometimes twice ( Y.A. Tittle ). So win or lose, we should show nothing but love and admiration towards Eli because we may never see the likes of him in a Giants uniform in our lifetime again!
                        It took a little while, but Eli Manning is every bit the quarterback Ernie Accorsi thought he'd be.

Comment

The Dark Days
                          Its hard to believe how bad we were and for how long.
                          I started as a Giants fan at the age of 8. My first playoff game came after I was married with a baby girl and another on the way.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            Its hard to believe how bad we were and for how long.
                            I started as a Giants fan at the age of 8. My first playoff game came after I was married with a baby girl and another on the way.
                            I started watching at 9 ish and I was 26 with 3 kids by time we won a Superbowl.......Btw you guys are leaving off Craig Morton and Scott Brunner
                            "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Younger fans just can't appreciate what those days were like
                              The downfall of the LT era combined with QB carousel was some of the worst times for me.
                              Watching the news when LT was being arrested weekly was not fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X