Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bradshaw has bulging/inflamed disc in neck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bradshaw has bulging/inflamed disc in neck

    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...sc-in-his-neck

    After that, the Giants put in Andre Brown, who finished that game and started the Giants’ win in Carolina last Thursday night, too. The Giants never publicly disclosed the nature of Bradshaw’s injury, though one source close to Bradshaw had described it as a mere “sprain.”

    A bulging disc is more serious than that. In 2009 that injury ended the career of Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce. And it nearly did the same to linebacker Mathias Kiwanuka in 2010, ending that season for him after just three games.

    The extent of Bradshaw’s injury isn’t clear and there are definitely lesser, non-career-threatening disc injuries and issues. He said once the swelling went down in his neck and he started to feel better, he was cleared to return to the field. He said he does not need surgery to repair the disc. In fact, he said there’s “nothing” doctors can do.

    “They can’t do anything,” he said. “Just let it heal. It’s pretty much like an inflamed disc. It’s sitting right on my spinal cord, I guess. The swelling went down and I feel fine now. No setbacks, no problem.”After that, the Giants put in Andre Brown, who finished that game and started the Giants’ win in Carolina last Thursday night, too. The Giants never publicly disclosed the nature of Bradshaw’s injury, though one source close to Bradshaw had described it as a mere “sprain.”

    A bulging disc is more serious than that. In 2009 that injury ended the career of Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce. And it nearly did the same to linebacker Mathias Kiwanuka in 2010, ending that season for him after just three games.

    The extent of Bradshaw’s injury isn’t clear and there are definitely lesser, non-career-threatening disc injuries and issues. He said once the swelling went down in his neck and he started to feel better, he was cleared to return to the field. He said he does not need surgery to repair the disc. In fact, he said there’s “nothing” doctors can do.

    “They can’t do anything,” he said. “Just let it heal. It’s pretty much like an inflamed disc. It’s sitting right on my spinal cord, I guess. The swelling went down and I feel fine now. No setbacks, no problem.”

  • #2
    how is he still playing? is he stupid? he's a rb, that area is the most vulnerable. if this is accurate pls dont play him giants for his own good.

    Comment


    • #3
      hmmm.....
      could be an issue obviously considering RBs use their heads very often. This may make him tentative. He will be on a short leash I suspect.
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
        how is he still playing? is he stupid? he's a rb, that area is the most vulnerable. if this is accurate pls dont play him giants for his own good.
        Yes I agree ... we'll totally be willing to endure Andre Browns' 100+ yard, 2 TD game again.

        For the team!

        *whistles*
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

        Comment


        • #5
          he prob just got a stinger. i cannot believe for a second he'd be playing football with a bulging disc in his neck. that'd be asking for serious injury.

          and even if he is cleared with that injury, which i strongly doubt the giants medical staff would clear that injury (again I think he is misunderstanding something), but if they did, why play him vs phily? his first game back vs a team we have bad blood with. u disclosed this for some moronic reason (another reason i doubt he has this injury) so now philly can fully try n head hunt him. rest is good for whatever is actually hurting him and it may make more sense to sit him this week

          Comment


          • #6
            80% of the population over 20 years old has bulging discs.

            Comment


            • #7
              I had a bulging disc years ago. It wasn't too bad at first and my Neurosurgeon said when the pain gets bad enough, you'll be back. He was right and I had it surgically treated.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
                80% of the population over 20 years old has bulging discs.
                In some cases, passive treatment with anti-inflammatories works well
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
                  80% of the population over 20 years old has bulging discs.
                  Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  I had a bulging disc years ago. It wasn't too bad at first and my Neurosurgeon said when the pain gets bad enough, you'll be back. He was right and I had it surgically treated.
                  80% of the population isn't banging it up inside against the Eagles dline either.

                  For normal day to day life, bulging and herniated discs are something most (if not all) of us will have to deal with eventually to some extent or another. Except in the most extreme cases, these are usually no more complicated then a little inconvenience.

                  For an NFL player, a bulging disc can be career ending. At the very least, a strong cause for concern.
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Given how Andre Brown has played, I see no reason why Bradshaw should get the start given the nature of his injury. Keep Bradshaw active, and if Brown is having issues, give Bradshaw some shots.....otherwise, let him rest up.

                    But, whatever, I'm done trying to make sense of it......let's bench Brown and go with dude with th bulging disc in his neck. Okay.
                    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                    "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                      80% of the population isn't banging it up inside against the Eagles dline either.

                      For normal day to day life, bulging and herniated discs are something most (if not all) of us will have to deal with eventually to some extent or another. Except in the most extreme cases, these are usually no more complicated then a little inconvenience.

                      For an NFL player, a bulging disc can be career ending. At the very least, a strong cause for concern.
                      I would have to agree
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                        Given how Andre Brown has played, I see no reason why Bradshaw should get the start given the nature of his injury. Keep Bradshaw active, and if Brown is having issues, give Bradshaw some shots.....otherwise, let him rest up.

                        But, whatever, I'm done trying to make sense of it......let's bench Brown and go with dude with th bulging disc in his neck. Okay.
                        It's how the organization operates. You are too hung up on the word "start." TC has said said repeatedly Brown will get snaps and they will go with "the hot hand."
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          lol Bradshaw is gonna play with a bulding disc??? If it was Tuck he would shut it down for the next 3 seasons.
                          My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

                          Burier: Yes.

                          My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

                          Burier: Yes. I promise.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If the medical staff has cleared him than it can't be as bad as it sounds.

                            Giants fan since the early 80s

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by burier View Post
                              lol Bradshaw is gonna play with a bulding disc??? If it was Tuck he would shut it down for the next 3 seasons.
                              Once the medical folks clear a player to play, it's all up to him. Still, I'm not sure Bradshaw is thinking clearly unless he's been assured he can't make it worse.
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X