No announcement yet.

Giants' Rocky Bernard says Michael Vick will have to get rid of the ball sooner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' Rocky Bernard says Michael Vick will have to get rid of the ball sooner

Giants' Rocky Bernard says Michael Vick will have to get rid of the ball sooner: "He's not inhuman"

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Excerpt: "Michael Vick has made a living scrambling out of the pocket and eluding pass rushers with unprecedented mobility at the quarterback position.

But with that has also come a multitude of big hits. And through three games this season, he's taken even more than usual -- nine sacks and 28 total hits, to be exact.

That, Rocky Bernard and others on the Giants defensive line believe, is the product of a few problems. Yes, there's the battered offensive line. But some of it's Vick's own doing.

"I know a lot of people want to blame it on the offensive line, but I think usually when stuff like that happens, it works both ways," defensive tackle Rocky Bernard said. "Blocking also maybe he's holding the ball a little too long, trying to make the big play every time instead of taking what the defense gives you." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

He's got a point. Vick is so vulnerable, especially since he holds on to the ball a lot. Offensive line is obviously going to get battered if the QB keeps holding on to the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
      He's got a point. Vick is so vulnerable, especially since he holds on to the ball a lot. Offensive line is obviously going to get battered if the QB keeps holding on to the ball.
      Vick has to be sore and wary. Does that wok in his favor or ours?
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        Vick has to be sore and wary. Does that wok in his favor or ours?
        That's a very good point.
        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
          That's a very good point.
          My logical mind says it favors us cause if we get to him early, he's surely going to be looking over his shoulder more than he might otherwise and I know we can force him to his weak side making it harder for him to throw on the run. But does he set us up with a dink and dunk game while our secondary is still trying to get it all together?
          Last edited by RoanokeFan; 09-27-2012, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            My logical mind says it favors us cause if we get to him early, he's surely going to looking over his shoulder more than he might otherwise and I know we can force him to his weak side making it harder for him to throw on the run. But does he set us up with a dink and dunk game while our secondary is still trying to get it all together?
            That's what I'm worried about. McCoy will get his chances, and I hope that Perry and co. are ready for it.

Comment

Vick's job is on the line so I'm sure he will play better and be prepared when he plays us

Comment

If it's anyone's job on the line (for the season), it really should be Reid's. It's unfortunate that he has an amazing back and he barely uses him effectively.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                  Vick's job is on the line so I'm sure he will play better and be prepared when he plays us
                  We can say that about every division game

Comment

sssssshhhhhh and PLAY ... oh and how about playing like Rocky in the Philly !!
                    Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

Originally posted by GMan-67 View Post
                      sssssshhhhhh and PLAY ... oh and how about playing like Rocky in the Philly !!
                      I've been thinking the ssshhhhhhhhh thing all week. Stop with the talk and prepare like your life depends on it!
                      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Mike Vick will never change he is horrible at reading defenses especially the blitz but I think we are going to play him differently this time with our secondary being banged up I think we are going to see only a 4 man rush and drop 7 either way Mike Vick is in trouble. I thought our o-line was bad wow and combine that with the fact Mike Vick always looks for the home run and holds on to the ball forever we'll be able to get there with just 4. But I don't want to get to confident last time I felt like that we lost.
                        sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

I've learned to never feel confident during Eagles week. Each division game is its own story, its own battle, but lets face it, they've had our number. Here's to hoping the Giants team from last game shows up this Sun Night and handles its business in the dump that is the Linc. Battering Vick like he's never been battered before would be nice.

Comment

Hey Rocky.....don't give out so much info before the game.

Comment

The Fat Man is going to pound the ball with McCoy for this game....then, he'll go back to being the same old pass happy coach that infuriates Eagles fans.

I can depend on two things every Eagles/Giants game:

1) Andy Reid does his best coaching job of the season.
                              2) Gibride does not.
                              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Working...
                              X