Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Barden be getting a lot of targets again?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Barden be getting a lot of targets again?

With Nicks out, that means the 3-wide set will most likely be Hixon-Cruz-Barden. I picked up Barden on my fantasy team last week as part of my crow-eating process and I was wondering if I should start him over Welker, AJ Green, or Percy Harvin... of those 3 I'd most likely pick Welker but not entirely sure.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Dont see why not since Cruz will likely be doubled most of the time.

Comment

Yes , he will. I hope he produces being that the Eagles defense is better than Carolina. I can see Bennett having a huge game. Hopefully Reid pulls the "Bellichek DON'T COVER HIM BECAUSE HE 'SUCKS'" move and Barden gets targeted a lot.

Comment

But unlike last week, Hixon is also healthy. I'm trying to guess which of those two would more likely be targeted. I know Eli just goes for whoever gets open, but if I had a choice in fantasy between Barden and Hixon, which should I start?

Comment

This is where we see just how good our WR depth is. Personally, I think Hixon and Barden have a great opportunity if the double Cruz, which they almost have to.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
            But unlike last week, Hixon is also healthy. I'm trying to guess which of those two would more likely be targeted. I know Eli just goes for whoever gets open, but if I had a choice in fantasy between Barden and Hixon, which should I start?
            I'd probably go Hixon but why start any of them?

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              This is where we see just how good our WR depth is. Personally, I think Hixon and Barden have a great opportunity if the double Cruz, which they almost have to.
              I have no doubt that Cruz will be doubled all night, after what he did last year in Philthy that's pretty much a guarantee.

Comment

I dont think Cruz will be doubled. They are too ****y and arrogant to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
                  What? Seriously?

Comment

It will be interesting to see how Barden fares against a legitimate CB.

Comment

[QUOTE=Moke;506219]What?

They'll keep a close eye, and provide safety help over the top. But I dont expect it to be as extreme as the carolina game.

Comment

With Nicks out, that means the 3-wide set will most likely be Hixon-Cruz-Barden. I picked up Barden on my fantasy team last week as part of my crow-eating process and I was wondering if I should start him over Welker, AJ Green, or Percy Harvin... of those 3 I'd most likely pick Welker but not entirely sure.
                        No way, jose. That'd be chasing points.

Those are 3 very (very) upper tier options based on their matchups this week and just in general. Welker, with Edelman banged up and no Hernandez, will play plenty and destroy Buffalo. AJ Green you just don't sit ever. And Percy should have even more room to operate now that Jerome Simpson is back to run clear-out routes.

Love Barden...have him on my team, too . But Philly's CBs press at the line, and going from CAR's rookie CB to Nnamdi and DRC is a ginormous leap.
                        I'd wait and see how Barden does against that if I were you. If anything, I'm trying to trade him to the Nicks owner as insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by SackingMyths View Post
                          No way, jose. That'd be chasing points.

Those are 3 very (very) upper tier options based on their matchups this week and just in general. Welker, with Edelman banged up and no Hernandez, will play plenty and destroy Buffalo. AJ Green you just don't sit ever. And Percy should have even more room to operate now that Jerome Simpson is back to run clear-out routes.

Love Barden...have him too on my team. But Philly's CBs press at the line. I'd wait and see how Barden does against that. If anything, I'm trying to trade him to the Nicks owner as insurance.
                          Sounds good. I was fairly set on Green and Harvin seemed okay (even moreso now that the Vikings are actually doing quite well in general), it was Welker I wasn't sold on (I have him in my flex spot). I don't know how much of that was him being targeted less in favor of a now-injured Hernandez or whatever, hopefully he won't screw me over this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
                            At their peril then
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Sounds good. I was fairly set on Green and Harvin seemed okay (even moreso now that the Vikings are actually doing quite well in general), it was Welker I wasn't sold on (I have him in my flex spot). I don't know how much of that was him being targeted less in favor of a now-injured Hernandez or whatever, hopefully he won't screw me over this week.
                              Yeah, I hear ya bro. Messy situation and NE's not afraid to send a message to their studs, regardless of their past history (I.E: Seymour, Moss)

But I think that regardless of what BB was trying to prove the first few games, WW has to play extensively out of necessity. Two straight losses and a division game is no time to mess around. And he's fresh off eating Lardarius Webb alive and is now facing a vastly inferior pass D than Baltimore.

I'd roll him out there with confidence this week but maybe try to move him if you think he's gonna scare you each week..

Comment

Working...
                              X