Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breakout game; Take 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Breakout game; Take 2

    Last year, Cruz stepped up big time and helped us beat Philly @ Philly.

    Losing Nicks for this game hurts, but it isnt something we can't overcome. The D still has to do its part. On offense, of course we will miss Nicks. But, I believe that the opportunity for a break out game is there. Randle, Barden, and JJ won't have much tape on their previous play bc they haven't reallye ver play that much (aside from Barden last week).

    I personally believe Randle can have a breakout game ala Cruz last year. He's been quiet, but from everything I've read, he has an understanding of the offense. He is similar to Nicks in on field play. So, with Cruz getting double covered, Barden and Randle will have legit chances at big plays.
    Another candidate is Bennett. Although, it certainly wouldn't surprise me if he had a big game.

    Look, the bottom line is we have Eli. We all know how awesome he is (most of us at least). I have faith that he can get Barden/Randle/JJ and even Hixon playing near the level of Nicks. Still have us winning this one.

    Side note, we are 6-0 w/o Nicks fwiw

    You guys think we got a guy on the roster who can have a Cruz like break out performance vs Philly last year this Sunday night?

  • #2
    We are now 7-0 without Nicks. Just saying.
    Do not feed the trolls.

    Comment


    • #3
      Going with defense: Adewale Ojomo and WIll Hill. Ojomo was good in the preseason and he's healthy now. The pass rush needs some help too. JPP is the only one contributing. Tuck improved a bit against Carolina but Osi has done nothing. Hill was a top recruit out of high school and was good college. The main thing that was limiting him was his behavioral issues. But we'll see in 48 hours.

      Comment


      • #4
        We're thin at receiver and in the secondary so it'd be nice to see some sparks out of our backups. This could be the game Randle breaks out after Philly picks up on how Barden was utilized last week. Will Hill is an intriguing prospect too. I've read Stevie Brown would take Rolle's snaps if he can't play though.

        Comment


        • #5
          heck, JJ could even have a breakout game. I'm hoping its Barden tho bc that would mean he made good on his snaps. If Barden doesnt come thru, we're gonna hve to go down the depth chard untl we found a threat vs phillys secondrary.

          barden had the interest raiser, similar to cruz's preseason. now we need the actual break out, multi td game

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
            Last year, Cruz stepped up big time and helped us beat Philly @ Philly.

            Losing Nicks for this game hurts, but it isnt something we can't overcome. The D still has to do its part. On offense, of course we will miss Nicks. But, I believe that the opportunity for a break out game is there. Randle, Barden, and JJ won't have much tape on their previous play bc they haven't reallye ver play that much (aside from Barden last week).

            I personally believe Randle can have a breakout game ala Cruz last year. He's been quiet, but from everything I've read, he has an understanding of the offense. He is similar to Nicks in on field play. So, with Cruz getting double covered, Barden and Randle will have legit chances at big plays.
            Another candidate is Bennett. Although, it certainly wouldn't surprise me if he had a big game.

            Look, the bottom line is we have Eli. We all know how awesome he is (most of us at least). I have faith that he can get Barden/Randle/JJ and even Hixon playing near the level of Nicks. Still have us winning this one.

            Side note, we are 6-0 w/o Nicks fwiw

            You guys think we got a guy on the roster who can have a Cruz like break out performance vs Philly last year this Sunday night?

            Did we trade Hixon?
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

            Comment


            • #7
              it will be difficult for anyone to match Cruzs performance against the egirls from last year! thats why with Nicks out they will double Cruz much of the time on Sunday!

              that said i think Barden will continue his emergence maybe not as much as last week but a good game nonetheless!

              Randle has a good chance of breaking out or at least show some potential. he could be the surprise weapon in this game!

              if Hixon is healthy then Randles time will suffer. Hixon is a cagey veteran who could show up with 65 yards and 2 tds!

              Eli has plenty of weapons.....he just needs to see whos hot on Sunday nite!
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
                it will be difficult for anyone to match Cruzs performance against the egirls from last year! thats why with Nicks out they will double Cruz much of the time on Sunday!

                that said i think Barden will continue his emergence maybe not as much as last week but a good game nonetheless!

                Randle has a good chance of breaking out or at least show some potential. he could be the surprise weapon in this game!

                if Hixon is healthy then Randles time will suffer. Hixon is a cagey veteran who could show up with 65 yards and 2 tds!

                Eli has plenty of weapons.....he just needs to see whos hot on Sunday nite!

                Hixon has been practicing
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                Comment


                • #9
                  I spoke earlier about someone who might breakout this sun nite,Thinking more about it I'm hoping maybe a shutdown performance by maybe W Hill or the Prince,A defensive break out game would suit me just fine,Maybe Ojomo steps up.Who knows with this Giants team? All I know is someone is always ready to step in and shine so whoever it is I can't wait to talk about it mon morn.Go Giants.Great post gfan

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                    Hixon has been practicing
                    thats good for us! if he can play he'll contribute either on special teams or receiving or maybe even both!
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      i dont know if i believe hixon is capable of taking the game over. sure he will prob give us 2-3 solid receptions.

                      I'm moreso talking about a performance that Philly doesnt really have an answer for. Granted last year Cruz had only 3 catches IIRC in his breakout game but they were huge play TD's. If Hixon can give us that I am all for it. I just dont know if he can.
                      I'd believe Barden or Randle would be more capable of it. Especially Randle really. I think he has big time game ala Nicks. We haven't asked much from him at all. I could see Barden having a tough day vs Namdi/DRC. That could mean we need to capitalize on Randle if we get favorable matchups. Randle also historically has been a solid deep threat at LSU, and he has deceptive speed and can get behind defenses. he can run all the routes...Randle, we need ya bud. Need everyone but itd make it much easier if someone can give us a couple quick strike big time scores or plays

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                        i dont know if i believe hixon is capable of taking the game over. sure he will prob give us 2-3 solid receptions.

                        I'm moreso talking about a performance that Philly doesnt really have an answer for. Granted last year Cruz had only 3 catches IIRC in his breakout game but they were huge play TD's. If Hixon can give us that I am all for it. I just dont know if he can.
                        I'd believe Barden or Randle would be more capable of it. Especially Randle really. I think he has big time game ala Nicks. We haven't asked much from him at all. I could see Barden having a tough day vs Namdi/DRC. That could mean we need to capitalize on Randle if we get favorable matchups. Randle also historically has been a solid deep threat at LSU, and he has deceptive speed and can get behind defenses. he can run all the routes...Randle, we need ya bud. Need everyone but itd make it much easier if someone can give us a couple quick strike big time scores or plays
                        If Nicks doesn't play, we'll have Cruz, Hixon, and Barden
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          if nicks doesnt play, i bet we see as many snaps with randle as we do with hixon. and i believe it'll be cruz and barden starting.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                            if nicks doesnt play, i bet we see as many snaps with randle as we do with hixon. and i believe it'll be cruz and barden starting.
                            We don't see a lot of 4 WR sets and playing the Eagles it's likely we won't see many on Sunday. Like it or not, Hixon is the established # 3 until they say he isn't. He will likely move up to 2 for Nicks and Barden will move up to 3. Randle will get snaps as well as circumstances dictate.
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Randle against the Eagles? What team have you been watching?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X