Hosley & Prince: Our Future CB Duo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosley & Prince: Our Future CB Duo?

Well folks, let's be honest. Webster ain't getting any younger, and he'll be a free agent in a couple years.

And up to this point, I think Hosley has shown a lot of potential, while Prince is a 1st round pick with high expectations. So, is this our future CB duo, maybe even as soon as 2 years from now?

lol we still have thomas signed

Comment

Ahh, good question. I like Hosley a lot so far and I think he can be apart of the duo. Prince though.... I'm still waiting. He hasn't struck me with any surprise yet, other than the playoffs last year.

Comment

Originally posted by bbdynasty View Post
        lol we still have thomas signed
        I think T2's days as a Giant are over, sadly. 3 ACL tears and the amount of money he's guaranteed next season, I think he's going to be cut. Unless he re-structures of course.

Comment

I think/hope so. I've seen enough of Amakumara to know that he'll be a good one. He was hurt for most of last year so he's pretty much still a rookie in my book and he's playing well. As another poster mentioned, he was nails in the playoffs against the leagues top competition. It probably helped that Rodgers choked in the big playoff game big time, but Prince looked really good for a guy that had only played a handful of games to that point in his NFL career. I expect more of the same moving forward.

Hosely- steal of the draft. Not only do I think he'll be a starter, but a pro bowl starter at some point.
          Last edited by joeybagadonutz23; 09-29-2012, 01:36 AM.

Comment

I think the idea is that Prince and Hosley be at least a big part of the CB depth for awhile around here.. I mean, we did pick em in RD 1 and 3 respectively..lol I'd be shocked if these 2weren't part of the top 3 CB's on our team for the next 3-5yrs, i will certainly say that..

Comment

I'm hopefully that they will be. Truth is this should be an position targeted in the draft again.
              Emperor Tom

Comment

Thomas will never see that money......

Comment

Very possible. I don't see Thomas being a Giant in the future after missing two straight seasons. Prince and Hosley have potential

Comment

I see Prince and Hosley as our future starters. Though I still wouldn't mind us taking a CB early in the 2013 draft since it seems like we're always getting our CBs injured... That said, I still think we need to go OL early...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

I was always under the impression that they want Hosley as the nickelback which is a whole 'nother animal. Even in the games where he was designated a "starter", he was pushed in when they brought in another CB. The starter designation is moot anyway since they play a lot of nickel.

I still think it's early to be considering Webster's age decline [his FA, sure], but if I had to bet, I think they'd pursue another CB in the draft and keep Hosley where he has looked best, between the numbers. I think he's better freelancing in the middle opposed to the edge where he has a lot to work on in technique. Can't leave him in off man forever.

Comment

I think that may be premature....

Comment

I think it is very likely that either Prince or Hosely is moved into the #2 spot next year... sadly T2 is most likely finished in NY. Of course, that could all change after free agency or the draft next year.
                          My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                            I was always under the impression that they want Hosley as the nickelback which is a whole 'nother animal. Even in the games where he was designated a "starter", he was pushed in when they brought in another CB. The starter designation is moot anyway since they play a lot of nickel.

I still think it's early to be considering Webster's age decline [his FA, sure], but if I had to bet, I think they'd pursue another CB in the draft and keep Hosley where he has looked best, between the numbers. I think he's better freelancing in the middle opposed to the edge where he has a lot to work on in technique. Can't leave him in off man forever.
                            That is actually an interesting idea. Kind of like an Anti-Cruz...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Sadly T2's career as a Giant is over! His career in general might be over with all these knee problems..

Comment

Working...
                              X