Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coughlin's terrible clock management cost us this game!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockeyisjesus View Post
    You realize at one time, before the idiot bangwagon fans arrived like the majority of posters in this thread, Shockey was a very popular player with Giants fans. I was posting here back then. Where were you?

Ok then......tool.
    56 posts... If they're all gems like this, please go back to hibernation.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Hind sight is always 20/20. What's done is done. There is nothing that we can do to change that.
      Reese, gone. Check! Bench McAdoo Doo, gone. Check! Let's Giants 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
        refs bad call on Barden that contributed to losing the game imo!
        Can't agree that it was a bad call and I am usually the first one to tear into the refs lol. Run the ball up the gut instead of throwing to Barden and you don't give the refs an easy target to make a call.
        Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

He took both timeouts when the Eagles had the ball on the OTHER SIDE of the two minute warning instead of taking them both before the two minute warning. Cost us an additional 15-20 seconds which we could have used to run 1 more play, get a little bit closer and make a closer field goal. Anyone with even half a brain who has played Madden once or twice in their lives knows you use the timeouts BEFORE the two minute warning in a goal line situation and not AFTER the two minute warning. Terrible clock management cost us this game more than the passing interference. Put the blame where it belongs folks!
          What did you think of Eli's interception in the end zone?
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

At least that is a reasonable response. Agreed the pass interference was a huge part of the outcome but I honestly think we could have overcome it with an extra 10 seconds to get 1 more play off and then have the FG team rush onto the field for a 45 yarder instead of have plenty of time for a 54 yarder. I guarantee you that Tynes and the FG unit CONSTANTLY practice running onto the field, from the sidelines, in late game situations and trying to get a FG off in under 20 seconds. I'd bet you every dollar I have that is something they work on nearly every single day in practice. And if they aren't, they damn well should be. Those extra 10 seconds were big regardless of what some of our lower IQ posters manage to bang out on their keyboards like those chimps trying to write Shakespeare.
            You need to throttle back the venom
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              You need to throttle back the venom
              . . . . although the chimps trying to write Shakespeare line is a pretty good one . . . .

Comment

You Madden kids are crazy. TC is going to the NFL Hall of Fame. You are going to High School.

Comment

I'm sick of these Gilbride/Manning 1st and 3rd quarter timeouts when they don't like the D. It seems like nothing at the time, but while the half is running out, it can really come back to haunt you.

Just run the play. . .who knows, it might work. Or just take the 5 yards. . .timeouts are worth their weight in gold in a close game.

Comment

Originally posted by RagTime Blue View Post
                    I'm sick of these Gilbride/Manning 1st and 3rd quarter timeouts when they don't like the D. It seems like nothing at the time, but while the half is running out, it can really come back to haunt you.

Or just take the 5 yards. . .timeouts are worth their weight in gold in a close game.
                    I agree with you but if they take delay penalties in those spots people will tear into Eli and Gilbride for taking the penalty anyway. It's a lose-lose. My contention has always been get the damn play in earlier or run the Peyton no-huddle (not the hurry up) so Eli is given more time to make adjustments when he sees things he doesn't like.
                    Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post
                      Can't agree that it was a bad call and I am usually the first one to tear into the refs lol. Run the ball up the gut instead of throwing to Barden and you don't give the refs an easy target to make a call.
                      Agreed, Barden mauled him right in front of the ref, and was an easy call to make, however the Giants would have been better off kicking the 45 yard FG instead of attempting such a risky play. You either go for short yardage so you clock it quickly, or just kick the FG and take your chances - anything else is too risky in that situation.

Comment

What if we had been called for a defensive holding penalty or PI giving them a first down, you have to keep those timeouts on the other side just in case otherwise they could tun the clock down to zero. Just saying, at least we would have about a minute in that scenario.

Comment

He took both timeouts when the Eagles had the ball on the OTHER SIDE of the two minute warning instead of taking them both before the two minute warning.

Cost us an additional 15-20 seconds which we could have used to run 1 more play, get a little bit closer and make a closer field goal.

Anyone with even half a brain who has played Madden once or twice in their lives knows you use the timeouts BEFORE the two minute warning in a goal line situation and not AFTER the two minute warning.

Terrible clock management cost us this game more than the passing interference.

Put the blame where it belongs folks!
                          so did the 200 yards rushing by Philly. Oh yeah and the 257 yards passing. Oh yeah and the questionable decision to pass big when a 44 yarder was available to kick.
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I feel that Coach Coughlin should have kicked the FG when they were at the 26yd line. It was well within Tyne's range. There really was no good reason to go for the HR in that situation.

The Eagles didn't win that game more than we just lost it. Hopefully this L doesn't come back to haunt us later in the yr.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Morrison View Post
                              Without going back and looking at the tape I think at the most they only lost 8 seconds by waiting for the 2 minute warning, either way, bad call going deep, wussy call not trying a quick one with 15 seconds to go.
                              I don't know if 15 seconds is enough to complete a 5 or 10 yard pass and get the field goal team on the field and kick the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by JimC View Post
                                I don't know if 15 seconds is enough to complete a 5 or 10 yard pass and get the field goal team on the field and kick the ball.
                                only if its an out of bounds play. if not you are done.....
                                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
                                X