Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our o-line is an abomination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Thru 4 games the cumulative PFF rankings for the OL ranked best to worst

    Beatty +7.8
    Snee +4.6
    Locklear +0.2
    Baas -1.0
    Diehl -7.8
    Boothe -7.8

    Hopefully Diehl does not go back into the starting lineup when he is healthy. And Boothe doesn't catch much heat in these forums but he is playing pretty bad too. So much for the reshaped body.

    Comment


    • #32
      Yeah Boothe needs to pick up his game but it should be noted that he reached that negative score in 4 games versus Diehl's 2. Beatty also reached his positive score mainly through these recent 2 games. Looking like a C/G would be a nice position to pick up in next year's draft.

      Comment


      • #33
        Amazing how the offensive line looked good with Andre Brown, and crappy with Ahmad Bradshaw.
        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

        "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

        Comment


        • #34
          No it's not amazing. Tampa and the Panthers are not good teams. Dallas and the Eagles have much better defenses.

          Comment


          • #35
            You all need to watch the Cardinal and Rams lines before dumping on our OL.
            No one remembers who came in second.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
              No it's not amazing. Tampa and the Panthers are not good teams. Dallas and the Eagles have much better defenses.
              The Buccaneers are tied with Baltimore and the 49ers for the 3rd best rushing defense in the NFL.....teams are averaging 3.2 yards per attempt. In yards per game, they are ranked 4th best in the NFL, and again, better than San Francisco.

              http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...sition/defense

              Against the Bucs:

              Bradshaw: 16 yards.....3.2 yards per carry.
              http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10693/ahmad-bradshaw

              Brown: 71 yards.....5.5 yards per carry
              http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12490/andre-brown


              Just for the record: Bradshaw is one of the reasons why the Giants lost last week. As another poster pointed out, on 1st and 10 on the Eagles 26, he bailed on a play and got 1 stinking yard, instead of a major gain that would have placed the Giants inside a 40 yarder for Tynes.

              Long story short, Bradshaw makes the offensive line look worse than it is. Eventually, though, this nonsense with Bradshaw will stop. I'm guessing it will be this Sunday.
              Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 10-05-2012, 12:02 AM.
              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

              "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

              Comment


              • #37
                Bradshaw is not the reason they lost last week. There many reasons why they lost. You could also say that Bradshaw saved Eli from being hit many times during the game because of his blocking. The Giants where also trailing for a good portion of the Tampa game so the running game had a better chance of working. Not taking anything away from Brown, I do like him.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by dave56dj View Post
                  Kept eli clean against one of the best pass rushes in the league. Not saying they were great but hard to kill them against that line. And you have been calling for a better o line since LUKE left? We have two rings since then - you can't draft everywhere but what they have done has been amazing (draft wise)
                  yea on the first series Eli had to throw like 4 balls away because the giants olines were like turn styles. Collinsworth "Pressure on eli manning that had to throw off balance the entire series"
                  Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                    Bradshaw is not the reason they lost last week. There many reasons why they lost. You could also say that Bradshaw saved Eli from being hit many times during the game because of his blocking. The Giants where also trailing for a good portion of the Tampa game so the running game had a better chance of working. Not taking anything away from Brown, I do like him.
                    Bradshaw is one of the reasons why the Giants lost. Once again, he was ineffective running the ball. His last run was the final straw with me......he bailed on the play, when if he trusted his blockers he would have picked up enough to give Tynes a great shot to win the game.

                    I'm frankly sick and tired of hearing what a great blocker he is.....Brown and Eli looked great back there together in their 2 wins.

                    This Sunday is going to be it..... Bradshaw will continue to make the offensive line look like crap.....the boobirds will come out, and then they'll hand the rock to Brown and suddenly the offense will come to life.......just like in the Bucs game.
                    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 10-05-2012, 12:18 AM.
                    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                    "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      The OL looks bad because they where bad las year, they where bad during the pre season, and they are still bad.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                        The OL looks bad because they where bad las year, they where bad during the pre season, and they are still bad.
                        Andre Brown refutes this claim. Period.
                        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                        "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Yeah against 2 teams that are a combined 2-6.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re-watching the game the worst culprit of the game might be booth. On one sequence the giants run on first down the line makes a big hole on the right side and bradshaw runs for 8. on the next play 77 booth has a defender right infront of him, when the ball is snapped he turns left and the defender runs right by him bradshaw gets hit three yards behind the line of scrimmage. I have seen three instances of this already, amazing he is so confused by who he things he is supposed to block he turns, and then someone runs right up the spot he left.
                            Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                              Yeah against 2 teams that are a combined 2-6.
                              If Bradshaw stayed in v. the Bucs, the Giants would be 1-3 right now.

                              Again.....we are talking two runningbacks, playing behind the same offensive line, against the same team, on the same day...... I can't think of better control conditions than that if you want to compare two runningbacks.


                              2011: "It's not Bradshaw's fault.....nobody can run behind that crappy line."
                              2012: "It's still not Bradshaw's fault....even though Andre Brown looks great behind the same line."
                              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                              "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                                If Bradshaw stayed in v. the Bucs, the Giants would be 1-3 right now.

                                Again.....we are talking two runningbacks, playing behind the same offensive line, against the same team, on the same day...... I can't think of better control conditions than that if you want to compare two runningbacks.


                                2011: "It's not Bradshaw's fault.....nobody can run behind that crappy line."
                                2012: "It's still not Bradshaw's fault....even though Andre Brown looks great behind the same line."
                                I think your confused because bradshaw out rushed Brown YPC. Bradshaw was also more effective catching out of the backfield. He had a screen go for 20.
                                Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X