Our o-line is an abomination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by appodictic View Post
    I think your confused because bradshaw out rushed Brown YPC. Bradshaw was also more effective catching out of the backfield. He had a screen go for 20.
    this is the eagles game I am talking about. BTW in the game brown went out limping.
    Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Originally posted by appodictic View Post
      I think your confused because bradshaw out rushed Brown YPC. Bradshaw was also more effective catching out of the backfield. He had a screen go for 20.
      I can only go by what I see watching the games.....Brown is simply a more effective running back right now.

Bradshaw is clearly off his peak from 2010. It happens pretty quickly with running backs. Bradhshaw was once so explosive that it didnt' matter that he was an impatient runner. Now, it's just glaring.
      "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

I know its all supposed to be a one game at a time mentality, but looking past the Browns you have the 49ers, Redskins, Dallas, Steelers, etc. coming up. A bunch of pass rushing defenses that will give the O-line a heap o' hell if they don't gel quickly.

Hopefully the Giants having their backs against a wall will force them to get better or Eli might not make it through the year...especially the 49ers' game.

Comment

You have no idea what your talking about you need to just stop giving your opinion. Go to NFL Replay and look how Beatty played one of the best lineman in the NFL. Then tell what you think of Beatty. Read what Dan Grasiano said about Beatty after he replayed the Game. His headline was Will Beatty handled Trent Cole. Read the article then maybe you won't put these dumb comment on this site.

Comment

THE Professional Football Focus stated that Beatty TOOK HIS JOB FROM LOCKLEAR. TOOK TOOK TOOK TOOK. LOCKLEAR IS GOOD BUT HIS A RIGHT TACKLE HE DOES NOT HAVE THE FEET THAT BEATTY HAS. BUT WHEN DIEHL COMES BACK WATCH WHO THEY SIT ON THE BENCH. THEN YOU MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT THE OLINE. ONE MORE POINT BEATTY HAS PLAYED THREE GAME NO SACKS.

Comment

I'll tell you one thing I was tired of watching the eagles DT in the backfield all day. Don't know if it was Boothe or Baas but someone wasn't carrying the water. I think the problem is more about the middle right now....

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                If Bradshaw stayed in v. the Bucs, the Giants would be 1-3 right now.Again.....we are talking two runningbacks, playing behind the same offensive line, against the same team, on the same day...... I can't think of better control conditions than that if you want to compare two runningbacks.2011: "It's not Bradshaw's fault.....nobody can run behind that crappy line."2012: "It's still not Bradshaw's fault....even though Andre Brown looks great behind the same line."
                In the Tampa game they where coming from behind so the running game was more effective. The Panthers are not a good team. It's no secret that the OL has been bad. Anyone who way he's them last year knows this and because of them being so bad they need Bradshaw to help protect Eli.
                Last edited by Buddy333; 10-05-2012, 08:08 AM.

Comment

The Eagles have done this to the Giants for 4 years now in case anyone hasnt noticed.It hasnt mattered who the Giants centers or guards are they have been butchered by the Eagles DT's

Comment

Originally posted by Robert21156 View Post
                    Yeah, stats can be REALLY deceiving as well. How many times did Eli really throw the ball away just to avoid a sack in the game? A LOT. So you can site the "no sacks" stat, but it's reflected in Eli's completion percentage being lower than normal.
                    Sack numbers dont tell the whole story for example and I wish I could find the stats but Eli was the most pressured QB in the NFL last year and it wasnt even close. I believe he was pressured 80 more times then the 2nd QB on the list.

Comment

While the other passers in our Top 10 list saw no more than 147 total pressures last season, Eli Manning was subjected to a massive 220 in the same number of games.

He was also pressured 91 more times in the playoffs. I bet half of them were against the 49ers. I've never seen a QB get hit like that and keep getting up

Comment

Working...
                      X