X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coughlin says no time to run another play and clock the ball

says throwing to Burden was a "safe call" in his presser after the game

http://youtu.be/1-Bx9ZIWcc4?t=3m17s

I was surprised they didn't try something into the endzone or a 5 -10 yd out route. Get some yards and make that field goal a bit more makable!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
      I was surprised they didn't try something into the endzone or a 5 -10 yd out route. Get some yards and make that field goal a bit more makable!
      And if they intercept?
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post

And???

He's absolutely right.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          And if they intercept?
          To be honest, I could see that happening, but to have Tynes hit a 54yd FG?

Save him the dignity. Thought he was going to make it, good try, but I believe that that kick was the most perfect for Tynes - 54yd FG that goes short. He'll never make those without help(e.g.-wind on his side)

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post

This is the team we have today. THROW THROW THROW. We love it when we win games we hate it when it loses games.
            It was a bad play by eli IMO. It was also a maekup call. Had they not called the terrible pass into's early onthe drive they would have never called that.
            They make a makeup call

Comment

Not sure it's been brought up but I actualy give Reid credit for trusting his D and letting the clock run when we were on the 25. I thought for sure he would call those last 2 timeouts to save a little time for vick but knowing we had no timeouts it was a good call.

Comment

You were comfortable with Tynes kicking a 54 yarder? Wouldn that of been a career long for him? I thought it was a horrible decision, and it was. Teams do this ALL THE TIME. They use the downs they have to get closer. Out route. At least try it. If it doenst work, then its incomplete, thats it. Make sure there is no possible way to catch it and go down in bounds. I would of felt better if we did that. At least tried to get closer.
                Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                  You were comfortable with Tynes kicking a 54 yarder? Wouldn that of been a career long for him? I thought it was a horrible decision, and it was. Teams do this ALL THE TIME. They use the downs they have to get closer. Out route. At least try it. If it doenst work, then its incomplete, thats it. Make sure there is no possible way to catch it and go down in bounds. I would of felt better if we did that. At least tried to get closer.
                  This. And if they cover it up, you've got 4 receivers runnign down th sidelines, just throw it away...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                    And if they intercept?
                    The chances of things going wrong in a 5-10 yard route are much lower than a 30 yard one. I don't understand how anyone cal say a 30 yard pass play is "safe".
                    http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

My problem with the entire sequence was the team apparently had no idea what they wanted to do. 1st down we run a draw and basically run 40 seconds off the clock. If you are fine with the 44 yard field goal, then continue to do that. 2nd down throw to Barden - OPI. Team didn't know what they wanted to do, and thats makes me ill..

I will say I could have loved to make the FG sub 40 yards, because even 40-50 makes nervous me with Tynes.

Regardless, the pick at the beginning of the 4th was the play that killed us more than anything. It was absolutely terrible.

Comment

Atlanta ran two plays before attempting fg with zero time out. Same situation . We gave Philly defense too much respect

Comment

We had Philly in a choke hold and we let them out with stupid play calling and mistakes. The reason why Eli''s been so consistent in the 4th is mainly because the play calling is flawless and there's no mental mistakes. Last night there were only a couple but those few cost us the game.

Comment

Throwing to Barden was not a bad call. Eli said he should have made a better throw. If he catches it they are in better shape. If he doesn't ptyen they still have a shot at the 44 yard field goal. If Barden doesn't do what he did the game was over.

Comment

one play to the sidelines for 5 oto 7 yards....
                              time for that and that was a poor call on his part IMO....
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
                              X