Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone else feel ELI was OFF...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Did anyone else feel ELI was OFF...?

    I just looked to me like he was making really poor passing decisions.... kinda like his earlier days. I can't count how many times he just threw a ball and I shook my head..... I know Oline wasn't helping much.... but last night just seemed OFF....

    just sayin

    GO GIANTS>>>>

  • #2
    A little bit.... he looked pretty off actually.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah - he hasnt really had pressure like that on him in a while. Lots of passes broken up, but they were right on the receiver so cant really say that's "off" really.

      He said he didnt see DRC in the endzone at all, but the pass looked short regardless.

      Comment


      • #4
        It wasn't a good game for Eli but if this is his worst game this year, I won't be upset. On top of the interception it looked like he didn't have enough speed on the ball and some of his passes were hanging up there.

        Comment


        • #5
          Gilbride thinks Eli is Jesus all of a sudden and he lets him throw deep where it's only necessary to get a few yards. I have 100% certainty that victor cruz or even barden could have ran small slots to gain a few yards... Gilbride can be annoying at times.

          Comment


          • #6
            I think he played ok to be honest. The Eagles have a tough D and Eli is missing Nicks. Sometimes you just have to rely on the WRs to come up with the play - even if it is a questionable decision. Hixon was the man..
            http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

            Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

            Comment


            • #7
              I thought they used Hixon too much and needed to get Barden more involved. Hixon's routes are not very good and he does not work back to the ball. Eli missed Nicks tonight.

              Comment


              • #8
                1st half yes. he was good in the 2nd minus the INT.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I was not his best game but not horrible either.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    this was an nfce division game where every team knows the other! the egirls know the Giants as well as the Giants know Reid and the egirls.

                    Eli may have appeared to be "off" but he still put us in position to win the game! we didnt win and thats the problem.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The only play I am mad about him was that int in the endzone. The rest was some bad decisions of our other offensive players.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        no one is giving the eagles defense nearly enough credit.

                        they got pressure, they have a ball hawking secondary, they're good against the run.

                        there's a reason they were 2-1 while having one of if not the worst turnover +/- in the league.

                        that's a very good defense. Alot better than ours.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Manning View Post
                          1st half yes. he was good in the 2nd minus the INT.
                          there were some balls at peoples feet that WRs couldnt reach or had to go down and make diving or shoe sting catches or he was way over their heads. yea , id say he was a bit off
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                          # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                          1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                          ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
                            no one is giving the eagles defense nearly enough credit.

                            they got pressure, they have a ball hawking secondary, they're good against the run.

                            there's a reason they were 2-1 while having one of if not the worst turnover +/- in the league.

                            that's a very good defense. Alot better than ours.
                            You know...if we all weren't so bored out of our skulls sometimes, and needed to come here just to keep our sanity....

                            WE WOULD ALL LOOK AT THIS POST, PUT THIS GAME BEHIND US, AND START TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE!!!

                            Now...I'm not suggesting we do that for the reason given, but this is just my way of pointing out how great that post was.

                            I feel, having witnessed it twice before, that the Giants are in as good of shape now as they have been in the past few years, and a couple of those years ended in championships. People are injured...key people...and if they can get them all on the field at the same time for any length of time their chances are just as good as anyone else's in the league.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
                              You know...if we all weren't so bored out of our skulls sometimes, and needed to come here just to keep our sanity....

                              WE WOULD ALL LOOK AT THIS POST, PUT THIS GAME BEHIND US, AND START TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE!!!

                              Now...I'm not suggesting we do that for the reason given, but this is just my way of pointing out how great that post was.

                              I feel, having witnessed it twice before, that the Giants are in as good of shape now as they have been in the past few years, and a couple of those years ended in championships. People are injured...key people...and if they can get them all on the field at the same time for any length of time their chances are just as good as anyone else's in the league.
                              thanks.

                              we didn't kill ourselves with penalties, we had one bad throw, and a couple different options at the end of the game, none of which were obviously the right choice at the time.

                              IMHO, there's nothing wrong with admitting that the Eagles were better than us last night.

                              hopefully the next time we meet, we'll have a different outcome.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X