Stop with the recriminations people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    It was a hard fought game that we came up 2 yards short on. Its not Baas' fault, its not Barden's fault...etc...
    We played pretty well, while undermanned.

To blame a player or group of players for this loss is silly.
    Tough loss but no one player or play "cost us the game". They just eaked out a tough win.
    I think differently. I think the D played kind of crappy for the most part and the O had almost 0 running game. Very poor dscipline with the defense on the outside....very poor.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
      Scapegoat my behind. I evern know better not to throw that pass that caused that int. What Eli was thinking on that play?
      he messsed up amd he will again he is the QB....thats not what lost the game.....
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
        I think differently. I think the D played kind of crappy for the most part and the O had almost 0 running game. Very poor dscipline with the defense on the outside....very poor.
        They played their ***** off with a skeleton crew. They had two great stops at the goal line. That's what gave us a chance to win.

This just in....Osi sucks. Thats what I've been saying all along. The guy has been in the league forever and still plays without discipline.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

We definately (obviously) could have won the game.
          It could have gone either way and it went their way. Sucks because they are 3-1 and haven't played well. But there it is.
          And for the poster that said to play for a 44 yard FG,....I can't disagree more. You have to get closer since there was plenty of time to do so. We were moving the ball.
          There's throw a 5 yard pass to get closer and to go deep. I think we can all agree on the fact that the shorter variety was a better decision.
          http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
          http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
          http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

They played their ***** off with a skeleton crew. They had two great stops at the goal line. That's what gave us a chance to win.

This just in....Osi sucks. Thats what I've been saying all along. The guy has been in the league forever and still plays without discipline.
            yeah.,...they had some good goal line stuff. How back door runs does Shady or whom ever they had in get to run???
            The D played poorly and the offense couldnt run the ball...Osi is playing very lazy.....

Comment

There were plenty of causes for the loss, but not just one. The defense got winded in the second half and allowed the Eagles to score on every possession after the break. Eli's pick. Barden's penalty. All of those and more contributed to our loss. It's easy to pick one and blame that person or unit because it was such a close game and had any one of those things not happened we very well would have come out on top.

Comment

yeah.,...they had some good goal line stuff. How back door runs does Shady or whom ever they had in get to run???
                The D played poorly and the offense couldnt run the ball...Osi is playing very lazy.....
                Osi isn't playing lazy, he's playing undisciplined. The one major knock on Osi is that he almost always over pursues, which is what we saw much of last night.

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                  There's throw a 5 yard pass to get closer and to go deep. I think we can all agree on the fact that the shorter variety was a better decision.
                  Was there a receiver open 5 yards downfield?

Comment

Lol. All these excuses. I'd like someone to explain the 8 of 9 losses please. Come on. They own the Giants and that is all. One day they may turn the tables on them but for about a decade they own the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                      Osi isn't playing lazy, he's playing undisciplined. The one major knock on Osi is that he almost always over pursues, which is what we saw much of last night.
                      go back and look.....he doesn shed his block and doesn look at the ball carrier.....he plays lazy on run plays....

Comment

The defense played great in the first half when the offense was struggling. The offense played well in the second half when the defense was struggling. Unfortunately, both sides of the ball couldn't get their acts together at the same time.

Comment

Some of you guys are looking at this defense situation all wrong.
                          We had KP out, Rolle limping around, one corner with a broken hand, the other playing on one leg....and they held them to 19 points.
                          I thought that with the exception of Osi's usual undisciplined play, the defense showed up and did a nice job.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                            Lol. All these excuses. I'd like someone to explain the 8 of 9 losses please. Come on. They own the Giants and that is all. One day they may turn the tables on them but for about a decade they own the Giants.
                            8 of 9 would be 5 years, Eeyore.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                              no excuses just reason.....
                              being "owned" as you say is the BIGGEST excuse of them all. Holds 0 merrit
                              The reasons they lost was the undisciplined D and no running game to speak of....

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                                It's one thing to get physically beat. It's another to make a stupid mental decision that you had all day to think through. You win as a team and lose as a team. But mental decisions like the Barden play get me steaming mad.
                                Look, the ball favored the defender. Barden did what he had to do and got flagged for it. If he doesn't do that and it's intercepted, game over right there. And I am NOT a Barden fan. We all know "that play wouldn't work" now that it's over. And yet we're the very same people who clamor for Gilbride to "not be predictable." Well, he wasn't, we didn't execute and here we are at 2 - 2. We've lost two games by a total of nine points? Hardly blow outs.

We're alive, we have our destiny in our hands and we were beaten in a hard fought contest our division games usually are. The team lost just as the team wins. We didn't beat ourselves, the Eagles beat us period.
                                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Working...
                                X