Stop with the recriminations people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop with the recriminations people

It was a hard fought game that we came up 2 yards short on. Its not Baas' fault, its not Barden's fault...etc...
    We played pretty well, while undermanned.

To blame a player or group of players for this loss is silly.
    Tough loss but no one player or play "cost us the game". They just eaked out a tough win.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

No one can accept the fact that the Eagles won outright. We always have to have a scapegoat as fans. It happens, and I don't blame people for it... but we have to look forward to next weekend.

Comment

It's one thing to get physically beat. It's another to make a stupid mental decision that you had all day to think through. You win as a team and lose as a team. But mental decisions like the Barden play get me steaming mad.
      http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
      http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
      http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
        It's one thing to get physically beat. It's another to make a stupid mental decision that you had all day to think through. You win as a team and lose as a team. But mental decisions like the Barden play get me steaming mad.
        It was Barden's fault for the PI, really? How is that a mental decision? Explain it to me?

You really think he said, OH LET ME GET A PI?

Come on now.

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
          It was Barden's fault for the PI, really? How is that a mental decision? Explain it to me?

You really think he said, OH LET ME GET A PI?

Come on now.
          No, it's the decision to even attempt that pass play that pissed me off. It doesn't fall on Barden at all.
          http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
          http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
          http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
            No, it's the decision to even attempt that pass play that pissed me off. It doesn't fall on Barden at all.
            Oops, sorry dude. Thought it said it was Barden's mental problems.

+1

Comment

If anything Eli said he should have thrown a better ball to Barden. If Barden does not do what he did it is probably intercepted and the game wold be over anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                If anything Eli said he should have thrown a better ball to Barden. If Barden does not do what he did it is probably intercepted and the game wold be over anyway.
                Eli shouldn't be throwing it at ALL in that situation. We were already in field goal range (44 yards I think).
                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Yeah so if he makes a better back shoulder throw Barden might have had a shot at it and he wouldn't have to turn into a defender so the penalty would not have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                    Eli shouldn't be throwing it at ALL in that situation. We were already in field goal range (44 yards I think).
                    Yeah. People forgot we were @ 44 yards I think. I can't believe how bad that game got. It went from complete boredom to complete fun(almost had a heart attack thought) and then major disappointment.

SOUNDS FAMILIAR. OH WAIT.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      It was a hard fought game that we came up 2 yards short on. Its not Baas' fault, its not Barden's fault...etc...
                      We played pretty well, while undermanned.

To blame a player or group of players for this loss is silly.
                      Tough loss but no one player or play "cost us the game". They just eaked out a tough win.
                      +1

couldn't have said it better myself.

we don't need a scapegoat. they played pretty all things considered and lost the game on the last play.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
                        No one can accept the fact that the Eagles won outright. We always have to have a scapegoat as fans. It happens, and I don't blame people for it... but we have to look forward to next weekend.
                        Scapegoat my behind. I evern know better not to throw that pass that caused that int. What Eli was thinking on that play?

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
                          Scapegoat my behind. I evern know better not to throw that pass that caused that int. What Eli was thinking on that play?
                          He said he didn't see Cromartie. Guess he thought Bennett was going to be there to make the play.
                          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

i agree with the OP...we had our chances...eagles schemed well, and exposed the edges....

Comment

Originally posted by blueomaha View Post
                              i agree with the OP...we had our chances...eagles schemed well, and exposed the edges....
                              We definately (obviously) could have won the game.
                              It could have gone either way and it went their way. Sucks because they are 3-1 and haven't played well. But there it is.
                              And for the poster that said to play for a 44 yard FG,....I can't disagree more. You have to get closer since there was plenty of time to do so. We were moving the ball.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                              X