Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury Report: Phillips and other updates

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...-other-updates

Excerpt: "The Giants secondary took another hit on Sunday night.

Safety Kenny Phillips left in the game in the first quarter with a sprained right knee. He underwent X-rays which came back negative but did not return.

"He is a big part of our defense," Justin Tuck said. "Obviously, when he goes down, somebody has got to step up but without him being out there, it kind of made us gun shy a little bit because (against) those wide receivers and that big-play offense, he is kind of like the anchor, him and Antrel (Rolle)."

The Giants' secondary has been crushed by injuries all season. " Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Bottom paragraph: Prince is fine! Hallelujah!

Thanks for the link RF

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Tuck seems to make alot of excuses these days.

Comment

How about the run game Tuck....they ran up almost 200 yards...
        come on man....
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Wtf is up with the secondarys conditioning?
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I'll wait until Saturday before I get excited for this injury news. Nicks was supposed to play against the Eagles but then had to sit out because of the swollen knee. So, for now, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Comment

I'm actually excited for Sash. I hope he gets playing time and he may be good for rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                Bottom paragraph: Prince is fine! Hallelujah!

Thanks for the link RF
                I don't think we appreciate Rolle enough That guy just won't quit
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
                  I'm actually excited for Sash. I hope he gets playing time and he may be good for rotation.
                  The thing is, who do we boot off the team for him? Sash did not count against our roster due to his suspension, but now we'd have to make room for him. Both Hill and Stevie have played well as of late. KP and Rolle have been good like they always have been.

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
                    Yes, and Canty in two weeks I PRAY. Hosley needs to heal up and get on the field

Comment

the Giants run defense was a total embarrassment last night and the outside contain on Vick was ludicrous....

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                        I'll wait until Saturday before I get excited for this injury news. Nicks was supposed to play against the Eagles but then had to sit out because of the swollen knee. So, for now, I'm cautiously optimistic.
                        Its like they always down play Hakeem's injuries. He is fine one moment and then he is out.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                          It's a never ending carousel it seems

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            Yes, and Canty in two weeks I PRAY. Hosley needs to heal up and get on the field
                            I'm happy we have a game against cleveland next weekend. I know you can't call it an easy game, but at least their offense is a little slow, unlike the Eagles.

It'll give the defense a little more time to adjust and actually catch a breather.

It might sound like a head-scratcher, but I really think the Eagles are just such a fast-paced team that it wears down the defense a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              I don't think we appreciate Rolle enough That guy just won't quit
                              Rolle turned my opinion of him around last year. I used to think he was a bit of a punk, more suited to play for the Jets than the Giants, always feuding with TC. But now he's bought into the system fully, and he's definitely showing his toughness now. 2010 Rolle would have thrown a huge fit over that cameraman; 2012 Rolle just played through it the next game.

Comment

Working...
                              X