Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Osi have the ability to stop the run?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nycisgreat
    started a topic Does Osi have the ability to stop the run?

Does Osi have the ability to stop the run?

No question in mind that Osi has the ability to stop the run, but I think his sack happy nature prevents him from doing just that. It seems like he loses all consciousness when he see a clear path to a QB. For instance, last night those delay hand off to McCoy was like his kryptonite. He plays as if no else on opponents offense have ability to possess the ball other the QB. So when he realized Vick didn't have the Ball a few of the draw plays. He had to change direction towards the running back, and by that time the RB is gone. Afterwards, you can see that clueless I screwed up look on his face. Osi is really fast, and could keep put with the best of them. I question is strategy and not his ability. What do you think?

• nycisgreat
    replied
    Originally posted by pthere55 View Post
    I think if he were more discipline he would be able to stop the run.
    Exactly, CDN_G-Fan said it best. He does seem like a 4 yr old chasing a ball on run plays because all he look for is sacks and nothing else.

Leave a comment:

• CowboysSuck
    replied
    Seriously though guys, how embarrassing is his pass rush sometimes? Can someone make a video??

He rarely gets to the QB anymore and his dancing in front of the OT is getting old.

He will just literally come off the ball run towards the OT and studder step side-to-side, side-to-side with his hands in the air just kind of swatting at the OT's shoulder pads. Its EMBARRASSING he needs to hit the weights big time, he is too small. Too bad he should have done that 6 years ago and is now obsolete. My guess: This is his last year in the NFL.

I mean just compare Osi and JPP, JPP could toss Osi to the moon. So could Eli, I bet Eli weighs more than Osi
    Last edited by CowboysSuck; 10-01-2012, 10:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Giants928
    replied
    McCoy ran to Osi's side every time and Osi was nowhere in sight.

Leave a comment:

• burier
    replied
    Should have been benched. (Are the Giants morally opposed to benching anyone who isn't a rookie??) He was clearly fantasizing about what he was gonna say on twitter after the game.

We're talking about him playing the run? Well he didn't look like much of a pass rusher to me either. How many times can you let Vick just run aroudn you. That's a mistake I used to make on the JV squad..

Leave a comment:

• nycisgreat
    replied
    Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    +1
    I did see that too. I am not sure what his deal is.

Leave a comment:

• Giants928
    replied
    Osi has never been a run stopper - NEVER! He can put pressure on the QB, but it seems that when the QB gets flushed out of the pocket there is noone else in the back field to meet him..

Leave a comment:

• BlueSanta
    replied
    Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    it was like watching a 4 yr old play soccer.

he just ran to whereever the ball was.
    Wow, that might be both the most in depth and most simplistic explanation ever. Anyone with a kid who played soccer is nodding.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy
    replied
    Originally posted by Moke View Post
    Only if he gets paid
    He got paid and he still can't stop the run.

Occupy Osi!

Leave a comment:

• Moke
    replied
    Only if he gets paid

Leave a comment:

• pthere55
    replied
    I think if he were more discipline he would be able to stop the run.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlooded1979
    replied
    He was terrible last night laughing like a jackass when he screwed up. He just wants sacks this year to max out his payday this offseason.

Leave a comment:

• Giants928
    replied
    I think our d-line, or at least the d-ends aren't playing with much discipline. Only saving grace is JPP is making the plays, but I think Tuck and Osi are playing horrible. They haven't been staying in lanes and they have been really slacking in pursuit. Eagles went inside/outside repeatedly on them and they are totally exposed and winded.

Leave a comment:

• Diamondring
    replied
    I said Osi is overrated but others say oh he is good and swatting the ball away. He is getting me mad and wasting Giant's money.

Leave a comment:

• Blueshine
    replied
    Osi is Nosi. He is done.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X