Greetings from an Eagles fan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by powerplay85 View Post
    Greetings Giant fans. I just wanted to drop in and say thank you for a great game yet agian between our teams. With that being said,
    I truly love my Eagles, however, I believe that the Eagles won the game on paper but in reality should not have won. Your Giants outplyed us in every single area but one. We were a little better in the rushing department in the 4th qaurter. Though both of our teams did not play up to our potentials, the fact of the matter is that my Eagles stunk and did not deserve to win. Du eto some suspect calls we won. Ill tak eit but it does not feel as good as if we woudl have won by talent and skill. I hope that the next meeting between our teams is a better played game by both teams. Eli really hsowed me that he is has progressed into a very good QB. Best of luck in the future games and until we meet again, God bless.
    Pretty classy post.

On a serious note, can we trade Osi to you for a bag cheetoes and a can of coke? We might be willing to come down from the can of coke but its a starting point.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
      That's not saying much seeing that I'm more objective than he is.
      no....you think you are right all the time. thats not objective.
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

What exactly are you basing "better team" by if not stats? I'm sorry, but it's not just one bonehead play that makes me feel this way, they really didn't play better than Eagles.
        stats of one game mean next to nothing to me
        Last edited by YATittle1962; 10-01-2012, 02:25 PM.

Comment

What exactly are you basing "better team" by if not stats? I'm sorry, but it's not just one bonehead play that makes me feel this way, they really didn't play better than Eagles.
          You dont think the Giants are a better and more complete team overall then the Eagles?? That has nothing to do with winning or losing yesterdays game either. Its a separate question. If you dont then thats cool. Just asking thats all.
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by powerplay85 View Post
            No my friend, that was far from the Eagles A game. They were not good at all and were lucky to win. If they do not make some serious adjustments, which from a Eagles fans perspective and the past, I doubt anything will be adjusted enough to become much better. Your team however usually is slow out of the gates and gets better down the stretch and I see that continuing this year. The next meeting between our teams will be different I hope with both our teams playing at our A levels.
            first of all the better team won last night. vick and the eagles have been a turnover machine first 3 games. NO TURNOVERS last night equalled a win becuase we had 1 and it was HUGE. on 1st and goal if we dont throw that pick and at least get 3 its a different game. that would have forced the eagles to go for it on 4th down with 1:52 left as they would have been down by 4 insttead of 1.

As far as starting out slow. usually the giants have a fast start with lots of 6-2 and 7-1 starts. then they collapse in 2nd half of season. the 2 exceptions were 07 and 11. THey start fast last season at 6-2 but then lost 5/6 to drop to 7-7. Lucky for the giants they have some kind of knack in both SB seasons to be able to overcome injury and turmoil to be able to turn it on at the right time and win it all. thats why alot of people hate the giants cause they are not your typical dominating type SB winner that goes out and crushes everyone from start to finish.

anyway great game last night and i think we lost due to bad coaching down the stretch. you dont throw long in that situation and barden did what he had to otherwise Namandi would have had a game ending INT. Tynes has been lights out this year from 40 to 50 yards out hitting the netting while going 11 out of 11 up until that miss. there were set up for a 44 yarder prior to that bonehead play and all they really needed to do what rush it to middle of hashmarks and it would have be over. not sure what the coaches thinking was taking that deep shot. maybe they thought they would catch philly with their pants down like at the end of the 3rd quarter. who knows, but it cost them a win. good call on the PI against Barden.

of the two we got to keep the drive going.. the second one was suspect
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
              no....you think you are right all the time. thats not objective.
              I have to throw the exact words right back at you. Not to mention that you THINK you know me, and you THINK you can read other people's intentions.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                first of all the better team won last night. vick and the eagles have been a turnover machine first 3 games. NO TURNOVERS last night equalled a win becuase we had 1 and it was HUGE. on 1st and goal if we dont throw that pick and at least get 3 its a different game. that would have forced the eagles to go for it on 4th down with 1:52 left as they would have been down by 4 insttead of 1.

As far as starting out slow. usually the giants have a fast start with lots of 6-2 and 7-1 starts. then they collapse in 2nd half of season. the 2 exceptions were 07 and 11. THey start fast last season at 6-2 but then lost 5/6 to drop to 7-7. Lucky for the giants they have some kind of knack in both SB seasons to be able to overcome injury and turmoil to be able to turn it on at the right time and win it all. thats why alot of people hate the giants cause they are not your typical dominating type SB winner that goes out and crushes everyone from start to finish.

anyway great game last night and i think we lost due to bad coaching down the stretch. you dont throw long in that situation and barden did what he had to otherwise Namandi would have had a game ending INT. Tynes has been lights out this year from 40 to 50 yards out hitting the netting while going 11 out of 11 up until that miss. there were set up for a 44 yarder prior to that bonehead play and all they really needed to do what rush it to middle of hashmarks and it would have be over. not sure what the coaches thinking was taking that deep shot. maybe they thought they would catch philly with their pants down like at the end of the 3rd quarter. who knows, but it cost them a win. good call on the PI against Barden.

of the two we got to keep the drive going.. the second one was suspect
                Agreed. 2nd and 10 with the ball at a 44 yard fieldgoal, we should no NOTHING else but a shotgun draw then clock it. Its at WORST a 44 yarder. Bonehead by Killdrive, Bonehead by Coughlin not overturning the call, and Bonehead by Eli to go though with it. A very rare coaching mistake from the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                  stats of one game mean next to nothing to me
                  But it matters in that game, not the other things you think mean more.

Comment

You dont think the Giants are a better and more complete team overall then the Eagles?? That has nothing to do with winning or losing yesterdays game either. Its a separate question. If you dont then thats cool. Just asking thats all.
                    I said Giants didn't play better, that's different from saying Giants are a better team. Maybe Y.A. got things mixed up.

Comment

I said Giants didn't play better, that's different from saying Giants are a better team. Maybe Y.A. got things mixed up.
                      Sorry, but what you did was go off on YA because he said the "better team lost" without even attempting to understand what was meant by the term "better team". It's clear to everyone that YA thinks that the Giants are a better team than the eagles. Not last night, not last tuesday, not on the fourth of July, but in general. Last night the Eagles were the better team, but not by much.

Comment

Hope this guy is sincere and not a Jekyll and Hyde like "Rodgers 12". Time will tell.

Comment

I have to throw the exact words right back at you. Not to mention that you THINK you know me, and you THINK you can read other people's intentions.
                          dont want to know you and people's intentions on this board are plain as day many times. YA said...the better team lost. He didnt say the Giants played better last night. He explains himself by stating just that. He thinks the Giants are a better team overall above and beyond wins and losses

Comment

Originally posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
                            Sorry, but what you did was go off on YA because he said the "better team lost" without even attempting to understand what was meant by the term "better team". It's clear to everyone that YA thinks that the Giants are a better team than the eagles. Not last night, not last tuesday, not on the fourth of July, but in general. Last night the Eagles were the better team, but not by much.
                            I was talking about last night's game, so I only care to talk within the context of last night's Giants team that didn't have Nicks playing. So with that in mind, the Giants didn't play better, AND Giants weren't a better team LAST NIGHT. What Y.A. thinks of his fantasy Giants is irrelevant.

Comment

dont want to know you and people's intentions on this board are plain as day many times. YA said...the better team lost. He didnt say the Giants played better last night. He explains himself by stating just that. He thinks the Giants are a better team overall above and beyond wins and losses
                              Then don't reply to me, get lost please. I beg of you.

Comment

Then don't reply to me, get lost please. I beg of you.
                                dont beg..'
                                it so lame.....

Comment

Working...
                                X