X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Tynes leg strength- my theories-

1- Wet rainy conditons

2- Tynes tweeked something and is not talking

3- Reid had some air taken out of that last ball....who watches and controls the game balls?

He regressed big tim

He underpowered the 2nd attempt because the first one was wide left. Simple as that. The more you kick for power, the less accuracy you'll have. Power is more important on kickoffs (you just need to be between sidelines), but you need to get between the posts to get a FG.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
      1- Wet rainy conditons

2- Tynes tweeked something and is not talking

3- Reid had some air taken out of that last ball....who watches and controls the game balls?

He regressed big tim
      WTF are you taking about???
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

It was a 54 yarder. That is by NO MEANS a chip shot for any NFL kicker.

The league percentage at 54 yards+ is probably somewhere around 20-40 %. No big deal, this loss is NOT on Tynes what so ever.

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post

The league percentage at 54 yards+ is probably somewhere around 20-40 %. No big deal, this loss is NOT on Tynes what so ever.
          54 yards is a big kick plus Tynes was never know for long kicks. After he missed the first one, he cut down on his power for more accuracy as it has been mentioned.

Comment

So far this season, 26 successful FGs of 50+... Only 7 misses at 50+.

Comment

Unless you count both of Tynes misses last night, then it's 8 misses at 50+... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by FUUFNF View Post
                Unless you count both of Tynes misses last night, then it's 8 misses at 50+... LOL
                thats what makes the play calling even more ****ed up.....
                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Wow, the nuts are out in full force today . . . .

Comment

I said 54+...discount all of the 50, 51, 52, and 53 yarders and it is probably more like 30%. Discount all made in Denver too.

Also, its only been 4 weeks. I'd put my money on the league average being less than 50% from 54+ given a whole season.

Comment

...........again here's someone trying to confuse these boards with facts! lol
                      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

By no means is this Tynes fault. It was a 54 yd FG which is pretty damn far. They shouldn't of passed it to Barden and it would of been a 44 at the worst..

Comment

I said 54+...discount all of the 50, 51, 52, and 53 yarders and it is probably more like 30%. Discount all made in Denver too.

Also, its only been 4 weeks. I'd put my money on the league average being less than 50% from 54+ given a whole season.
                          I'm sure there are few 60+ yard FGs in there too, should I give those extra credit then?... Look at the entire 2011 season stats, the numbers are well over 50%... The numbers don't lie... A 50+ FG is a very, very manageable FG in today's NFL (assuming you have a kicker with the leg strength to handle it).

Comment

BTW, I think Tynes' leg strength has actually gotten a little better these last few seasons... The 54 yarder would have been a career long for him, so obviously that's the edge of his range, but clearly the coaches and Tynes both think that's a FG he can make... Would they have liked it being closer, no doubt, but under the circumstances, Coughlin thought it was the smartest play... I ain't gonna second guess it... Still sucks that every time we lose to Philly, it has to be a heartbreaker.

Comment

how many 50+ has Tynes even ever attempted. People calling out Tynes is absurd.

Comment

Working...
                              X