Giants' Tom Coughlin unsure of status of Hakeem Nicks, expresses concern

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' Tom Coughlin unsure of status of Hakeem Nicks, expresses concern

Adam Shefter just reported on NFL live that Nicks' knee has become problem matic and does not look good. I have no idea what this guy did but we need him desperately hopefully he is ready for San Fran but the way Shefter put it doesn't look like he will be....
    sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Jesus christ... keep him out for one more weekend against the Browns. We could survive without Nicks against the browns, especially with Haden out.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
      Adam Shefter just reported on NFL live that Nicks' knee has become problem matic and does not look good. I have no idea what this guy did but we need him desperately hopefully he is ready for San Fran but the way Shefter put it doesn't look like he will be....
      Problematic. Besides the loss, this is really turing out to be a crappy day.

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
        Jesus christ... keep him out for one more weekend against the Browns. We could survive without Nicks against the browns, especially with Haden out.
        I'm starting to think the Giants know that he is hurt really bad and I do not expect him back anytime soon maybe after the San Fran game that is what it is looking like to me.....

Comment

He is a great WR but he is hurt all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by JB456 View Post
            Problematic. Besides the loss, this is really turing out to be a crappy day.
            Yeah I was expecting him to say oh he looks better but he said the Giants are really worried about his injury with that setback ....not good.

Comment

Rest the dude for as long as he needs to. Rather have him not play now then start him for a game and have him get reinjured before possibly entering the playoffs.

Comment

Well, Barden stepped in and had 9 catches for 139 yards vs the Pathers, Hixon stepped in and had 6 catches for 114 yards vs the Eagles.

Unfortunately, It will probably leak at some point he tore his ACL.
                Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

I'm starting to think the Giants know that he is hurt really bad and I do not expect him back anytime soon maybe after the San Fran game that is what it is looking like to me.....
                  same.

Schefter is like a freakin' prophet.

At this point in Schefter's career, if he says it, it's true.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                    Well, Barden stepped in and had 9 catches for 139 yards vs the Pathers, Hixon stepped in and had 6 catches for 114 yards vs the Eagles.

Unfortunately, It will probably leak at some point he tore his ACL.
                    I just don't get why the Giants just come out and say what is wrong I know they don't like to spill the beans about injuries but what the hell happened to him... if he tore his acl we are in trouble even though the other wrs step up they are no Hakeem Nicks.

Comment

Who knows? We'll see how it works out. For now, he doesn't have to play the Cleveland game. That's not important.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                        Rest the dude for as long as he needs to. Rather have him not play now then start him for a game and have him get reinjured before possibly entering the playoffs.
                        I don't want to be a downer but if we don't have Nicks for the next few games we might not even make the playoffs. Of course you have to think of long term health but now we are at a point where we have to ask how much can the Giants pay this dude when he comes off his Rookie Contract? I love Nicks and he is the best receiver on the team but this is a difficult question to answer.

Comment

I will put it very simply.......a knee doesn't swell after practice simply because it's been overworked......only way it swells is if you take a direct shot to it or something is wrong internally.......I fear the latter......this is extremely no bueno......

Comment

I know his knee is hurt. But when and how did he do it? Also what is the issue???
                            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Giants' Tom Coughlin unsure of status of Hakeem Nicks, expresses concern

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...unsure_of.html

Excerpt: "For months, Hakeem Nicks' main health concern was his surgically repaired right foot, which he broke at organized team activities in May. But last week, an injured knee was added to the mix when he ran for the first time in over a week and the knee swelled up.

It forced him out of Sunday's game against the Eagles, the second straight game he's missed, and Tom Coughlin is uncertain of his star wide receiver's status for Sunday against the Browns.

"I won't know until I see what happens, where he's at as we go forward here and analyze him and the doctors get their hands on him again and he communicates with them," Coughlin said.

When asked if Nicks' knee has improved, Coughlin said, "Not that I know of." Read more...
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Working...
                              X