I'm tired of bradshaw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    What does that have to do with ANYTHING?

No one is more important than Eli, this is Eli's team. You're stating the obvious.
    Here's the thing with this offense called by crazy Gilbride, he ABANDONS the run game if it doesn't get any big yards early in the game. It's his pattern, you can count on it to happen in almost every game unless Giants are winning big.

So all this talk about who should start and whatever really doesn't mean anything, running game to this offense is merely a window dressing, and not a true complement to the passing game.

You'll just have to be patient and let Brown earn it game by game, the coaching staff isn't going to hand over the keys to the offense to a guy who has been cut 7 times and literally no rushing yards to speak of overnight, especially when there's Bradshaw who has been there and done that.

Brown will get his carries vs Cleveland, let's see how he does, and we can go from there.

Now close this useless thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
      Bradshaw at this point should just be a 3rd down back. The Giants will wait till it is painfully obvious though to make a change
      That's probably true, but I hope they give Brown more snaps until they get there.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Bradshaw would best be effective later in the game after Brown and Wilson have been pounding the hole like when we had a younger Jacobs and Ward and Bradshaw was number three. Brown proved that the line does make holes.

Comment

I think we're going to see a 50/50 split against the Browns next week....or something close to it.

Bottom line....if the Giants defense held contain, and if the Giants running game was productive, the Giants probably would have won last Sunday. The lack of a running game can't continue.
          "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
            Running backs need to get into a rythym. Look at McCoy....he did zilch the first half, and then broke open in the 2nd half.

If the Giants used Brown, and went up tempo to prevent Philly from rotating, it would have made a difference.

Bradshaw is running with heavy feet.....he's just not the same back as he was a few years back.....his feet, his ankles, and now his neck. Time to turn the page.
            Won't disagree on the up tempo - another thread going on for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
              4.6 yds a carry is awful. This terrible short yardage back gained 9 on a 4th and 1 he last time he touched the ball in that game.
              actually Bradshaw's average is 3.8 , which ranks 29th among running backs in the league currently.
              Andre Brown is averaging 5.2 , currently 6th in the league.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...PerRushAttempt
              due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
              my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

Originally posted by stormblue View Post
                actually Bradshaw's average is 3.8 , which ranks 29th among running backs in the league currently.
                Andre Brown is averaging 5.2 , currently 6th in the league.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...PerRushAttempt
                Was talking about the Dallas game specifically

For fun look up rb's average against Carolina.

Comment

this thread should have been titled........"Bradshaw is getting tired". I love AB and what he has done for this team but his feet and ankles are way older then he is. Looks like he is just starting to wear out. RBs hit a wall and very rarely do the come back. Maybe he has hit his wall or at least approaching it.
                  They really need to get other backs in ther and see what happens. AB can still be a valued part of the O and running game but I think he is on the "back nine" as they say.
                  "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                    What does that have to do with ANYTHING?

No one is more important than Eli, this is Eli's team. You're stating the obvious.
                    LOL that is exactly what I was thinking! So funny haha

Comment

Let's say they start Brown, and he does nothing and lose a game, the media will ask "Why didn't you start Bradshaw who is proven and a quality back?"

Now you understand why Brown is not the starter.

Move on.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
                        Let's say they start Brown, and he does nothing and lose a game, the media will ask "Why didn't you start Bradshaw who is proven and a quality back?"

Now you understand why Brown is not the starter.

Move on.
                        Bradshaw: 0-2 as a starter......3.8 yards per carry.
                        Brown: 2-0 as a starter......5.2 yards per carry.
                        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                          Bradshaw: 0-2 as a starter......3.8 yards per carry.
                          Brown: 2-0 as a starter......5.2 yards per carry.
                          Yes it's the reason why Brown is in the HOF in the eyes of many here that he got to start against putrid d of Carolina and Tampa Bay.
                          Can't even imagine the backlash when Brown starts and loses the game.

Your people are judging Brown with incredible BIAS.

Comment

And I'm tired of our o-line......Brown had a few shots but didn't do anything with them, then he got hurt......

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
                              Its not like Brown did any better yesterday, but with more carries who knows.

They ran behind the same line against the same D and got the same results - squat.
                              Could explain your sig? I think I have an idea but I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
                                Yes it's the reason why Brown is in the HOF in the eyes of many here that he got to start against putrid d of Carolina and Tampa Bay.
                                Can't even imagine the backlash when Brown starts and loses the game.

Your people are judging Brown with incredible BIAS.
                                No....I'm judging Bradshaw......I'm looking at a running back who has clearly not been the same since 2010.

Most people blamed the offensive line for 2011. In 2012, Bradshaw goes 0-2, gets hurt, Brown comes in, goes 2-0, including the first 100+ yard rushing game since the Dawn of Time.

Bradshaw is "healthy" again (which I highly doubt)..... gets the start, gets 85% of the snaps......Bradshaw runs for 39 yards....Giants score 17 points....Giants lose.

The information above is factual. People can make their own judgments on what it means....but it's all accurate.

For what it's worth, prior to the game, I predicted that if Bradshaw started and got the lion's share of the carries, the Giants would lose the game.

If the Giants go with the same approach to the Cleveland defense, the Giants will again score less than 20 points.

The Cleveland game is going to be decided on who runs the ball more effectively..... based on what I saw against the Eagles, I'm glad I have Richardson in my fantasy league, but I'm not feeling good about the Giants defense.

The Cleveland defense shut down the Eagles offense for most of the game.....if the Giants give Bradshaw 85% of the snaps, the Giants are going to lose again next week.....book it.
                                Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 10-02-2012, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X