Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do our corners have any bump and run ability?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do our corners have any bump and run ability?

The eagles corners were frustrating our WRs all night while we played soft zone.I'm sick of it.

We have no ability

Comment

We have corners?

Comment

It's our SCHEME...not the corners...

Comment

Eh? Apart from D Jack, who Webster followed around all night, the Eagles receivers had 4 catches for 54 yards.

Meanwhile the giants receivers had 17 catches for 259 yards.
          Last edited by slipknottin; 10-01-2012, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Yeah! The other teams WRs bump our CBs and then run away from them for big catches!!
            ALL IN!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
              Eh? Apart from D Jack, who Webster followed around all night, the Eagles receivers had 4 catches for 54 yards.

Meanwhile the giants receivers had 17 catches for 259 yards.
              The boards are looking for someone to blame for the loss....

Comment

Do our corners have any bump and run ability? NO
                Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

Our corners have the ability, but Fewell's system doesn't have them doing it. Corey Webster has made comments about this before...

Comment

Originally posted by GFiP View Post
                    The eagles corners were frustrating our WRs all night while we played soft zone.I'm sick of it.
                    We had two receivers with over 100 yards and Eli threw for over 300 yards.

And CWeb prefers to play bump and run.
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

You have to be able to mix it up. There's no ONE style that will work every time. Even Barden was beating (All-Pro Asomougha's) press coverage once he knew he was getting it on every play.

And with a mobile quarterback and almost ZERO pass-rush, press coverage could be disastrous.

We can't play a system to the preferences or (perceived) strengths of ONE player.

Comment

Honestly, lack of press coverage didn't hurt our defense (though I really wish Hosley were healthy to put on ******an jackson), it was more Osi being cute and trying to attack Vick as though he were Tom Brady. ****ty Mccoy ran around him every time.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

It looks like Prince could do some bump and run. Corey should be playing as far off of guys a possible. That guy has hit a brick wall and if you look at his play from a year ago we should have seen it coming. He got a bunch of garbage ints and everyone wanted to ignore that guys like Matt Moore were picking on him last season.

It might be time to move him to the bench.
                          My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

The Eagles weren't playing bump & run... they were playing grab hold on & run with a little pulling & pushing to boot. Same thing Cowboy game. We have to have recievers that can get off press coverage before pressure hits QB. Plain & simple. When that starts happening the bumb & run on our recievers will simply go away. Until then well it's a copy cat league right?

Comment

Our corners strengths are playing bump and run. That's what they do best.

Comment

Working...
                              X