Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would not be opposed of getting a top 15 - 20 pick if we don't do good this year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I would not be opposed of getting a top 15 - 20 pick if we don't do good this year

    We need to rebuild the oline and I like several Alabama oline prospects.There are also quality lbs that we need like Manti Teo and Jarvis Jones that will not be present in the bottom of the draft.Teams like the Jets that kept sneaking into the playoffs got old fast because of how they drafted low and the picks don't work out as good.So I would not be opposed of a 8 - 8 year and re-grouping and coming out on top next year.Pittsburgh for example does that all the time,superbowl then misses playoffs.But all goes in change and we get better and refine needed areas.

  • #2
    Here it is. The white flag thread. It only took 4 games.

    I remember someone said the same.thing last year after the 2nd skins loss. They wanted to lose the remaining games to get a better draft pick because "we weren't going to do anything in the playoffs anyway".
    WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

    Comment


    • #3
      I still want a winning season dammit. We've had an amazing streak of 7 seasons at .500 or better.

      I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

      Comment


      • #4
        That's cool....I'd rather get pick 32 every year no matter how much our roster needs talent.

        Comment


        • #5
          A little early to be talking about getting a high draft pick!
          My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by brad View Post
            A little early to be talking about getting a high draft pick!
            ...seriously, that's best left for when we're already disqualified and there is not way we can play spoiler for our rivals

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
              ...seriously, that's best left for when we're already disqualified and there is not way we can play spoiler for our rivals
              exactly
              My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

              Comment


              • #8
                Right now the draft seems like the only exciting thing to look forward to

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                  Right now the draft seems like the only exciting thing to look forward to
                  The rest of us could look forward to you getting a scorching case of herpes.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                    Right now the draft seems like the only exciting thing to look forward to
                    only worth rooting for when were winning huh?
                    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

                    1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      And is it me, or does this sound like a Bears home game? Lots of Bears fans there
                      WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        How do we get a top 15 pick if we win another SB?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                          How do we get a top 15 pick if we win another SB?
                          You trade up lol.
                          Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by experto View Post
                            We need to rebuild the oline and I like several Alabama oline prospects.There are also quality lbs that we need like Manti Teo and Jarvis Jones that will not be present in the bottom of the draft.Teams like the Jets that kept sneaking into the playoffs got old fast because of how they drafted low and the picks don't work out as good.So I would not be opposed of a 8 - 8 year and re-grouping and coming out on top next year.Pittsburgh for example does that all the time,superbowl then misses playoffs.But all goes in change and we get better and refine needed areas.

                            Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by experto View Post
                              We need to rebuild the oline and I like several Alabama oline prospects.There are also quality lbs that we need like Manti Teo and Jarvis Jones that will not be present in the bottom of the draft.Teams like the Jets that kept sneaking into the playoffs got old fast because of how they drafted low and the picks don't work out as good.So I would not be opposed of a 8 - 8 year and re-grouping and coming out on top next year.Pittsburgh for example does that all the time,superbowl then misses playoffs.But all goes in change and we get better and refine needed areas.
                              You can't be serious.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X