Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets assume Nicks wont be a factor.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lets assume Nicks wont be a factor.

    Sounds like he is not just dinged up. If his knee is that bad he may not be the same all year even if he comes back. So can they do well without him? I guess they did ok last night. Hixon and Barden both had good nights while Cruz is having a fine year so far. Here was a lot of talk that Randle would be he next Nicks but as of now no way. I mean even as a rookie Nicks looked pro ready.

  • #2
    Hope to get Rueben involved.
    Mood: WOOF!

    Comment


    • #3
      Hixon seems one hit away from the IR just from his history. If he can stay healthy and if Barden can continue to gain experience they may be ok in the WR department. If Randle has what it takes to be an NFL WR he will only get better as the year goes on....
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

      Comment


      • #4
        Wouldn't they have by now? Just saying, something seems wrong. Or maybe it's just that I bought all the hype and?

        Comment


        • #5
          Honestly, I think we're pretty screwed if Nicks is out for the long haul.

          The offense looked inconsistent and sloppy last night. The run game still just doesn't work. And the combination of Hixon/Barden are not going to make up for what Nicks brought to this offense. And I don't wanna' hear "Did you see da Panthers game!?!?". The Panthers defense is downright atrocious, and they proved that against us and everyone us they've played by giving up 30+ points a week.

          Randle is a rookie, so while it'd be nice for him to contribute, we just can't expect him to step in and fill Nicks' shoes. Hixon is our best replacement, but I just don't feel great moving forward with him and Barden, while Cruz gets quadruple teamed on a nightly basis.

          So I'll just say it. Do we make the Playoffs without Nicks? No.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GameTime View Post
            Hixon seems one hit away from the IR just from his history. If he can stay healthy and if Barden can continue to gain experience they may be ok in the WR department. If Randle has what it takes to be an NFL WR he will only get better as the year goes on....
            Now I hate to bring it up but Hixon does have a history with injuries. If he did go down and Nicks is out for a while things could get ugly fast. I have been a Barden supporter and maybe he is getting better but I'm not sure he is a #2 yet. Then they have Randle who has not shined yet wit a golden opportunity.

            Comment


            • #7
              As far as the running game goes I want to see how they do against the Browns. They have not run well on the Eagles in about 4 years so last night I was not surprised.

              Comment


              • #8
                We should bring in a veteran......but we wont

                Eli seems to make any receiver look good.....he has become very accurate, and that makes the most pedestrian receivers better

                We should have won that game last night, and that was a tough a crew as we will face all year......I watched SFO against the Jets....they were not all that impressive

                Snanchez handed them the game on a platter

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                  As far as the running game goes I want to see how they do against the Browns. They have not run well on the Eagles in about 4 years so last night I was not surprised.
                  nor was I
                  we sat our best RB for protocol reasons

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                    Hope to get Rueben involved.
                    Why? he hasn't done anything

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                      Sounds like he is not just dinged up. If his knee is that bad he may not be the same all year even if he comes back. So can they do well without him? I guess they did ok last night. Hixon and Barden both had good nights while Cruz is having a fine year so far. Here was a lot of talk that Randle would be he next Nicks but as of now no way. I mean even as a rookie Nicks looked pro ready.
                      Now you're using excuses.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                        Why? he hasn't done anything
                        That's why I said we should get him involved..so he can you know..DO SOMETHING.
                        Mood: WOOF!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                          Why? he hasn't done anything
                          Yeah, that's why you would hope to get him involved.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Moke View Post
                            Now you're using excuses.
                            Huh?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                              We should have won that game last night, and that was a tough a crew as we will face all year......I watched SFO against the Jets....they were not all that impressive
                              No way was that one of the toughest teams we'll play all year. That's what so concerning. The Eagles are tough, but "as tough a crew as we'll face all year"? The Cardinals BLASTED them a week ago.

                              Plus, let's not forget that we still have to play the Ravens D, Steelers D, Niners D, heck even the Bengals and Falcons D are no joke. And don't look now, but the Cowboys D is currently the league's #1 rated D.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X