After seeing what other Defenses have done to Vick & Romo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After seeing what other Defenses have done to Vick & Romo

I am even more pissed at our D-line. Other than JPP they need to get their act together.

well in the eagles case, the other defenses blitzed often on vick, it throws him off his game, in this case it was as if our coaching staff didn't know the past 3 weeks of eagles game film existed, and thought dropping back in coverage and rushing 4 was the best strategy against this team. Why because it seems we want to look bad against the eagles.

Comment

not to be a jerk but this has been brought up in 100 posts. we all know our dline isnt performing right now and osi just flat out sucks. give some fresh legs some reps would love to see what ojomo and tracey bring to the table
      sigpic
      FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

To be fair tho the eagles were using extra tight ends to stay in and block at the line of scrimage. Our d-line is just not gonna get to the qb all the time if they are constantly being double teamed. It is no secret how talented our d-line is so other coaches focus on that and spend the week preparing for it. If it opens up opportunities for the linebackers and secondary to get through to the qb than so be it. In that sense the d-line is doing its job.

Comment

Originally posted by NYFG View Post
          To be fair tho the eagles were using extra tight ends to stay in and block at the line of scrimage. Our d-line is just not gonna get to the qb all the time if they are constantly being double teamed. It is no secret how talented our d-line is so other coaches focus on that and spend the week preparing for it. If it opens up opportunities for the linebackers and secondary to get through to the qb than so be it. In that sense the d-line is doing its job.
          So basically at that point we have to pretend we're running a 3-4? I'm down, but PF needs to freaking blitz when that happens. Hopefully if we can get Prince and Hosley healthy in the same week he'll be less afraid to send linebackers...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Giants should of won that Eagles game. Poor execution at the end did them in.I thought they played well enough.i just hope it doesnt come back to haunt them. The Cowboy game they didnt play well at all. IIm going to be pissed if they dont come out and destroy them in Dallas

Comment

The first arrow of blame has to go for Osi not keeping gap control on his rush... They abused him 3 plays in a row at one point and went back to it throughout the game.

Then turn to Gilbride for getting greedy when they were already in field goal range.
              8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Originally posted by bebil10 View Post
                well in the eagles case, the other defenses blitzed often on vick, it throws him off his game, in this case it was as if our coaching staff didn't know the past 3 weeks of eagles game film existed, and thought dropping back in coverage and rushing 4 was the best strategy against this team. Why because it seems we want to look bad against the eagles.
                The Giants didn't rotate enough.....and in the 2nd half, Osi played some the worst football I've ever seen from him.....no pressue, and zero containment. It was like playing with 10 guys, that's how irrelevant he was out there.
                "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
                  The first arrow of blame has to go for Osi not keeping gap control on his rush... They abused him 3 plays in a row at one point and went back to it throughout the game.

Then turn to Gilbride for getting greedy when they were already in field goal range.
                  It was pathetic.

Coughlin is just too damn loyal to his old timers.....Osi and Bradshaw should have gotten the hook.
                  "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

When will Fewell realize that only rushing 4 DL is not getting it done and need to blitz more? Fewell is the worst when it comes to in-game adjustments.

Comment

I think Tuck looks spent. The will is still there but his body is just not cooperating. The days of Tuck being a weekly difference maker and an All Pro are over. I think he may retire at the ned of his contract next season

Comment

The defense played solid for the first half of the Eagles game and then all then wore down and lost containment the entire second half. If you watched the game, McCoy was getting stuffed left and right, the Eagles for once stuck with the run and our ends lost containment. Osi got abused and there were a couple of times were Tuck and JPP lost containment also, the D adjusted by having the linebackers contain rather than the ends. All around the D played pretty solid, it was the few plays that the d blew that lead to the TD's. Osi off sides, loss of containment all on the same drive.

Comment

The defense was doing a fantastic job until containment on Vick fell apart because of a few individuals that don't need to be named once more. Offense was doing decent enough considering how good the Eagles defense is and had we distributed the RB snaps a little better, (like to Wilson who deserved more than one damn snap). The offense without Nicks is a little bland. Defenses will know to just double Cruz, bracket Bennett, and make us beat them with Hixon/Barden against press coverage. Just because Wilson didn't execute on one snap doesn't mean he should ride the bench for the entire game other than KRs.

Comment

Originally posted by NYFG View Post
                            You are right that our front will not get at the qb all of the time. As a matter of fact, the most a de usualy gets in sacks if he is good are in the teens. Our guys are no tgetting at the qb and that is understandable cause they are not fast to get Vick. We need defenders who can chase him down.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
                              not to be a jerk but this has been brought up in 100 posts. we all know our dline isnt performing right now and osi just flat out sucks. give some fresh legs some reps would love to see what ojomo and tracey bring to the table
                              I know that very well.

Comment

Working...
                              X