Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our De's and there sad performance thus far

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Our De's and there sad performance thus far

    If you guys remember last year we had similar issues and the pass rush was non existent until JPP took over games and it wasnt until Tuck picked it up on the other side that changed everything and as a result SB win etc etc.

    The bottom line is these guys need to be motivated. I dont think its a matter of forgetting how to pass rush, light a fire under the arses.

    Sorry but Osi looked embarrassing out there. He was out there too much and never should be out there on run downs.

  • #2
    Tuck seems to be back to nursing his shoulder because he's not using his hands at all when trying to rush the passer. Seems he's putting his body into the OLman and just hoping to push past.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

    Comment


    • #3
      they are not shedding their blocks and and not too many stunts up inside.
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

      Comment


      • #4
        Osi is done. Now that I said that watch him go out and have 5 sacks this game. Tuck is done too. Seems like he is broken down. I didn't think he played that bad against the run, but he is a non factor in the pass rush. I hope that the more snaps he gets Austin can become a great pass rusher. Teams won't be able to double Joseph and Austin all game.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
          Osi is done. Now that I said that watch him go out and have 5 sacks this game. Tuck is done too. Seems like he is broken down. I didn't think he played that bad against the run, but he is a non factor in the pass rush. I hope that the more snaps he gets Austin can become a great pass rusher. Teams won't be able to double Joseph and Austin all game.
          Tuck looks tired and Osi looks like he is goign through the motions. Makes no attempt at the run game at all.
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GameTime View Post
            Tuck looks tired and Osi looks like he is goign through the motions. Makes no attempt at the run game at all.
            This is nothing new for Osi...his first priority has always been rush the QB at any expense....he tends go up the field and leave a large hole inside a lot..he has done it since he's been here and when it is brought up on the boards all the Osi defenders seem to go nuts because he is such a great pass rusher that all other deficiencies seem to be forgiven....do I root for OSI? as long as he is a Giant,YES....should he be a situational pass rusher? I have believed that for many years..
            "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

            1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
              If you guys remember last year we had similar issues and the pass rush was non existent until JPP took over games and it wasnt until Tuck picked it up on the other side that changed everything and as a result SB win etc etc.

              The bottom line is these guys need to be motivated. I dont think its a matter of forgetting how to pass rush, light a fire under the arses.

              Sorry but Osi looked embarrassing out there. He was out there too much and never should be out there on run downs.
              I think i read yesterday that tuck had only 1 qb pressure/hit for the entire season through 4 games. That isnt gonna cut it.

              Comment


              • #8
                I watched the game again and Tuck did not play as bad as many of you believe. He had great gap discipline and stayed on his assignment. Osi was ATROCIOUS though.... truly awful.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yeah I don't think Tuck was horrible. He just doesn't seem to be getting any pressure.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    As far as I know the best way to light a fire under someone is to bench their ***!

                    Tuck needs to sit down and so does Osi. They provide 0 to the team right now unless you count puff peices about Twitter with Bob Costas.
                    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

                    Burier: Yes.

                    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

                    Burier: Yes. I promise.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Tuck is hard to figure out, while I know he's not as bad as some of us might think. He hasnt had a great season since Strahan was around.
                      The Gigalo with the most below

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Tuck is a great talent but he tends to disappear for games at a time. When that behavior is questioned, a nagging recurring injury is to blame. I don't mean to call BS ... but BS already. It took Antrel Rolle (of all people) to publically call Tuck out last year before he miraculously healed up.

                        Osi is Osi ... problem with pass rush specialists is that opposing teams will run a no-huddle to keep them on the field and abuse their lack of dimension (as was the case against the Eagles). Osi also seems a step slower this year.

                        JPP is pure beast but we need a play maker opposite of him to take advantage.

                        I wouldn't mind seeing more of Ojomo and Kiwi subbing in. Our dline is not nearly as formidable as its rep.
                        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Martyr View Post
                          Tuck is hard to figure out, while I know he's not as bad as some of us might think. He hasnt had a great season since Strahan was around.
                          not true. He had 11 sacks and was a pro bowler in 2008. Just to correct you. He's played hurt a lot, but I agree he and osi need to get it going

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X