Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' David Baas experiencing significant hand swelling

http://www.giants101.com/2012/10/02/...lling-in-hand/

Excerpt: "There were several times during Sunday's 19-17 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles where New York Giants center David Baas appeared to be having trouble getting the ball back to quarterback Eli Manning in the shotgun formation. There were also a few instances where the snap exchange was less than stellar. Initially, it was chalked up to a bad day for Baas, but it sounds like the veteran may have had a legitimate excuse for his uncharacteristic struggles.

"His hand was all swollen. He rolled three [snaps] back," head coach Tom Coughlin said Monday. "David has a big old swollen hand today and that contributed to it I’m sure." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Why do we not find out about these things until several days after? It would save a lot of grief from the fanbase...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
      Why do we not find out about these things until several days after? It would save a lot of grief from the fanbase...
      Or it would simply add six threads of "there are no excuses, he sucks."
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

AWESOME......and the injuries keep mounting.

Comment

What else is new..
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Why the didn't he tell anyone about it so we could get Cordle in the game then...
            "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
              Why the didn't he tell anyone about it so we could get Cordle in the game then...
              How do you know he didn't?

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                http://www.giants101.com/2012/10/02/...lling-in-hand/

Excerpt: "There were several times during Sunday's 19-17 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles where New York Giants center David Baas appeared to be having trouble getting the ball back to quarterback Eli Manning in the shotgun formation. There were also a few instances where the snap exchange was less than stellar. Initially, it was chalked up to a bad day for Baas, but it sounds like the veteran may have had a legitimate excuse for his uncharacteristic struggles.

"His hand was all swollen. He rolled three [snaps] back," head coach Tom Coughlin said Monday. "David has a big old swollen hand today and that contributed to it I’m sure." Read more...
                Meh
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Because we all know us fans know all the details that go on behind the scenes....don't you know that RF? Maybe.. just maybe...the coaching staff thought Bass with a swollen hand was a better choice than Cordle healthy
                  "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Doesn't seem like they would leave him in if it was effecting his snaps so bad.
                    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Assuming he misses the Cleveland game (no idea, just a guess), something tells me that the offensive line might potentially do better with him out of the lineup since that's how it seems to go when our depth players start. I feel confident in saying it will happen assuming Cordle starts at LG and Boothe moves to C.

Comment

Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
                        Because we all know us fans know all the details that go on behind the scenes....don't you know that RF? Maybe.. just maybe...the coaching staff thought Bass with a swollen hand was a better choice than Cordle healthy
                        I keep forgetting that

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                          Doesn't seem like they would leave him in if it was effecting his snaps so bad.
                          you balance his bad snaps against how bad his replacement would do against a legitimately elite defensive line (unlike ours, which is a pretend elite defensive line)
                          sigpic

Comment

"it's something Coughlin was unaware of until after the fact.

"You know, he never came out and said it was an issue to the point where wasn’t going to do his job. Now you don’t want to see the ball roll back obviously," Coughlin added.

Coughlin added that he had not considered moving Kevin Boothe to center on Sunday night, but don't be shocked if it's an idea he toys with in the event that Baas' hand swelling does not subside."

http://www.giants101.com/2012/10/02/new-york-giants-david-baas-experiencing-significant-swelling-in-hand/

B
                            oothe did pretty well replacing Baas when he was hurt last year.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                              Assuming he misses the Cleveland game (no idea, just a guess), something tells me that the offensive line might potentially do better with him out of the lineup since that's how it seems to go when our depth players start. I feel confident in saying it will happen assuming Cordle starts at LG and Boothe moves to C.
                              We just took Diehl's name out and put Bass' name in
                              Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-02-2012, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X