Tynes is a good kicker but please don't say clutch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giants5699 View Post
    2 NFCCG winning kicks? Name 10 other kickers who have done what he has.
    Nevermind 10, there aren't even 3 and Tynes is one of them. In fact Tynes may be the only one active. Vinatieri may be the only other one who did similar.
    Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

Originally posted by Giants5699 View Post
      2 NFCCG winning kicks? Name 10 other kickers who have done what he has.
      Matt Bahr had one that went from losing to winning

vinercheri or what ever his name was for the Pats...had a few big kicks.......
      "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
        Not for nuthin' but Daluiso career is 76.2 % and 6/12 fron 50+
        Tynes career so far is 81.6% and 9/18 50+
        I believe Tynes is 10 for 19 from 50+

Comment

He kicked us into the SB twice. Once against Green Bay IN green bay. The other against San Francisco IN San francisco...

Comment

Tynes is a clutch kicker under 50... He doesn't have the leg to consistently hit from 50+ though.

Comment

Originally posted by ElIteManning10 View Post
              He kicked us into the SB twice. Once against Green Bay IN green bay. The other against San Francisco IN San francisco...
              Well, in all fairness, he did need 3 tries in GB (granted, the weather wasn't ideal).

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                how so?

Akers is 53.5%
                Janikowski is 55.2%
                Vinatieri is 50.0%

just to name a few
                Are those career numbers?
                My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by FUUFNF View Post
                  Tynes is a clutch kicker under 50... He doesn't have the leg to consistently hit from 50+ though.
                  not having the leg for a 54 yard FG is much different than not being "clutch". We wouldn't even be discussing this without the STUPID playcalling that led to the OPI call on Ramses

Comment

Originally posted by burier View Post
                    yes

Comment

Nobody will ever rival The Sheikh

"I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by burier View Post
                        A 60% success rate over 50 yards is considered fantastic.

Comment

Wow some people really need to brush up on their reading comprehension. I know he hit 2FG to get us to the SBs. But as burier stated earlier, everyone was ripping him for missing 2 straight and then finally for one to go. The one in SF was a chip shot. If that is clutch then every kicker is clutch.And as far as the 50% rate for 50+ yard kicks. That's 1 for 2. He still went 0/2. But I'm not knocking him by sayin he's not clutch. I don't see why clowns cdn are getting worked up for.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                            Wow some people really need to brush up on their reading comprehension. I know he hit 2FG to get us to the SBs. But as burier stated earlier, everyone was ripping him for missing 2 straight and then finally for one to go. The one in SF was a chip shot. If that is clutch then every kicker is clutch.And as far as the 50% rate for 50+ yard kicks. That's 1 for 2. He still went 0/2. But I'm not knocking him by sayin he's not clutch. I don't see why clowns cdn are getting worked up for.
                            But, you are wrong in your saying he is not clutch. During the game last night they pulled up a stat saying he is 8/9 (prior to last night's miss) on game winning FGs.

Comment

You are kidding right ?
                              " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                                But, you are wrong in your saying he is not clutch. During the game last night they pulled up a stat saying he is 8/9 (prior to last night's miss) on game winning FGs.
                                Chip shots. I can understand why Eli went deep to Barden. He needs to get into the 20 for Tynes comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
                                X