Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Mathias Kiwanuka ever made a big play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    This is what I don't understand, the people crawling out of the woodwork to defend this guy. Look, Navorro Bowman is an elite run-stopper. He doesnt drive the runner into other peoples arms, he simply makes the tackles. 45 of them in 4 games in fact.
    again with stats that don't mean anything on their own...unbelievable
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

    1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

    Comment


    • #17
      yea your right. we're 4 games into the season, we have enough info on everyone. every player in the NFL who hasnt been all pro yet needs to be questioned...

      like do u hear urself think? kiwi has made tons of plays over the years. he hasnt dominated this season, ill grant u that. but osi, tuck, virtually everyone on D falls under that description.

      outta this thread, dont mean to sound like a jerk, but cmon dude. guy is a solid player who has moved to lb and de over n over...

      Comment


      • #18
        right rudy? lmao we're 2-2 AND FOUR GAMES INTO A LONG YEAR...we just won the friggin SB no less...

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
          How many tackles someone has is a bull **** stat most times anyway...how many missed tackles does he have? how many times have they run the ball his way?how many times has he sealed the edge and forced the play inside? when you can provide those numbers then we will talk about tackles... ?
          Yes, of course, because making tackles as a LB is apparently not important.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Riverboat76 View Post
            This is what I don't understand, the people crawling out of the woodwork to defend this guy. Look, Navorro Bowman is an elite run-stopper. He doesnt drive the runner into other peoples arms, he simply makes the tackles. 45 of them in 4 games in fact.
            Lol, this is ridiculous. He makes tackles good for him but I am sure he does things that gets other teammates tackles also and vice versa. Who cares as long as the RB is driven into the turf for minimal or no gain when Kiwi or any other LB'er for that matter in the NFL does their job.
            Last edited by repeatchamps; 10-02-2012, 01:45 PM.
            Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
              again with stats that don't mean anything on their own...unbelievable
              Originally, I wasn't going to say anything about the stats. I didn't even know the stats before I started writing this thread. I simply have never seen him make a play. And then I looked at his stats and it illustrated my point.
              Last edited by Riverboat76; 10-02-2012, 01:47 PM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post
                Lol, this is ridiculous. He makes tackles good for him but I am sure he does things that gets other teammates tackles also. Who cares as long as the RB is driven into the turf for minimal or no gain when Kiwi or any other LB'er in the NFL does their job.
                Oh wait, so you're saying the Giants defense is a stout rushing defense? I guess those Cowboys and Eagles games didn't count against the Giants then.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Kiwi is a very good LBer and he's progressively gotten better each season.
                  "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Riverboat76 View Post
                    Yes, of course, because making tackles as a LB is apparently not important.

                    so let's put this in perspective for the slower viewers
                    he has 45 tackles kiwi has 7


                    fine...where are the rest of the numbers?
                    has this other guy had 90 balls run at him and missed 45 tackles? ...thats not very good...has kiwi made all 7 tackles on the plays that have come his way? pretty damn good....until you can provide ALL the numbers....the stat of tackles doesn't mean anything....Numbers can say anything you want them to say if you only find PART of the numbers.....I am not saying this other guy isn't doing better than kiwi........I'm saying based on the info you have provided...there is no way to tell
                    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

                    1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                      Kiwi is a very good LBer and he's progressively gotten better each season.
                      Based on what?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
                        so let's put this in perspective for the slower viewers
                        he has 45 tackles kiwi has 7


                        fine...where are the rest of the numbers?
                        has this other guy had 90 balls run at him and missed 45 tackles? ...thats not very good...has kiwi made all 7 tackles on the plays that have come his way? pretty damn good....until you can provide ALL the numbers....the stat of tackles doesn't mean anything....Numbers can say anything you want them to say if you only find PART of the numbers.....I am not saying this other guy isn't doing better than kiwi........I'm saying based on the info you have provided...there is no way to tell
                        I agree that a single stat alone doenst provide much to a conversation. I like Kiwi.

                        But I don't think any of us can sit here and say Bowmann's 45 tackles through 4 games isnt impressive. If our famed run-stopping LB'er has 7 and he has 45, thats impressive for him. Have to admit, no?

                        And don't worry I'm not basing the Giants or anyone else, just being realistic..objective.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Riverboat76 View Post
                          Based on what?
                          Based on pff rated him as one of the top lb in the nfl against the run...why aren't you getting that?
                          "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

                          1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
                            I agree that a single stat alone doenst provide much to a conversation. I like Kiwi.

                            But I don't think any of us can sit here and say Bowmann's 45 tackles through 4 games isnt impressive. If our famed run-stopping LB'er has 7 and he has 45, thats impressive for him. Have to admit, no?

                            And don't worry I'm not basing the Giants or anyone else, just being realistic..objective.
                            I didn't say it was or it wasn't all I am saying that a stat on it's own means very little....you need ALL the stats
                            "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

                            1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Guys, I understand bashing trolls. And trolls, I understand bashing Kiwi.

                              But lets both be honest.

                              Kiwi isn't an above average LB (all around). Hes good against the run, and thats about it. Hes a Team Player most importantly, which is very important. Lets not make him out to be a slouch, because he's not. But lets also not talk about him like he is Sean Lee or Lance Briggs, which he is not.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
                                I have no idea why you guys keep saying this....KIWI was one of the top rated linebackers in the NFL vs the run last year......a linebackers job is to defend the run....how is he not doing a good job?.....some just do not get it....as opposed to someone like OSI that makes 3-4 spectacular plays a year and misses the rest...I'll take the guy that makes all the plays and doesn't get the spotlight
                                lol top rated by who. PFF. lmao

                                If he was so great against the run why did almost every team we faced run all over us last year. And where was he against the run sunday night?

                                I swear if you make one play behind the line of scrimmage as a defender Giants fans will love you forever.
                                My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

                                Burier: Yes.

                                My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

                                Burier: Yes. I promise.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X