Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Mathias Kiwanuka ever made a big play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    I guess we're not the only "crazy" people.
    not that Kiwi is an elite player or anything. But why did you choose to dog him. He is a consistent player who has dealt with injuries and has had to change position. He is not a superstar but he he far from lame duck.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
      not that Kiwi is an elite player or anything. But why did you choose to dog him. He is a consistent player who has dealt with injuries and has had to change position. He is not a superstar but he he far from lame duck.
      I said in the beginning that I think he is better suited as a speedier DE pass rusher, rather than a slower LB playing out of position. So I don't think it's all his fault. And I'm not saying he is the worst player ever. But he is well paid to be a (seemingly) situational run stopping LB who doesn't make tackles, or game changing plays. I just don't get it. He has been the one constant LB on a defense that hasn't been very good for a few years, quite frankly. He has been invisible, and I don't want to hear it's because he is "funneling" plays to other guys who are then not making the tackle. He's invisible because he is a big, slow LB who plays poor in space. Period.

I truly believe if he was shifted to a DE spot (perhaps stealing time from Osi) and a true LB was shifted to his spot, the defense would perform better.
      Last edited by Riverboat76; 10-04-2012, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I think it is pretty obvious....he hasn't seen him do anything to make the highlight film......that means he sucks in the eyes of a fan that doesn't understand "team concept" and doing the job assigned to you...by this logic every offensive lineman must suck too
        "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
          I think it is pretty obvious....he hasn't seen him do anything to make the highlight film......that means he sucks in the eyes of a fan that doesn't understand "team concept" and doing the job assigned to you...by this logic every offensive lineman must suck too
          Your wisdom shines through with every post you make. One day I hope to see the game through the eyes of a true football guru such as yourself.

Comment

Your wisdom shines through with every post you make. One day I hope to see the game through the eyes of a true football guru such as yourself.
            lol ty I sincerely hope you can too
            "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

I said in the beginning that I think he is better suited as a speedier DE pass rusher, rather than a slower LB playing out of position. So I don't think it's all his fault. And I'm not saying he is the worst player ever. But he is well paid to be a (seemingly) situational run stopping LB who doesn't make tackles, or game changing plays. I just don't get it. He has been the one constant LB on a defense that hasn't been very good for a few years, quite frankly. He has been invisible, and I don't want to hear it's because he is "funneling" plays to other guys who are then not making the tackle. He's invisible because he is a big, slow LB who plays poor in space. Period.

I truly believe if he was shifted to a DE spot (perhaps stealing time from Osi) and a true LB was shifted to his spot, the defense would perform better.
              what LB on the Giants has been a game changer on any type of consistent basis???? Boley a here and there....thats about it...and he's nicked up often.
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

what LB on the Giants has been a game changer on any type of consistent basis???? Boley a here and there....thats about it...and he's nicked up often.
                Its true we've ignored our linebackers for years.

Is Lance Briggs still demanding a trade?
                My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by burier View Post
                  Its true we've ignored our linebackers for years.

Is Lance Briggs still demanding a trade?
                  he wants to play TE for the Cowboys. He likes the way Romo throws the ball and he has developed a chemistry with him....lol

Comment

he wants to play TE for the Cowboys. He likes the way Romo throws the ball and he has developed a chemistry with him....lol
                    Good show.
                    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                      None of them. It's been a problem. Look at the traditionally dominant defenses over the years...they all have All-Pro Level linebackers. 49ers, Steelers, Ravens, Bears.

I love Reese but this has been one problem he hasn't been able to fix yet. He keeps throwing band-aids on the gaping wound. He drafted Sintim high to be an answer but he turned out to be the worst one yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Riverboat76 View Post
                        None of them. It's been a problem. Look at the traditionally dominant defenses over the years...they all have All-Pro Level linebackers. 49ers, Steelers, Ravens, Bears.

I love Reese but this has been one problem he hasn't been able to fix yet. He keeps throwing band-aids on the gaping wound. He drafted Sintim high to be an answer but he turned out to be the worst one yet.
                        so basically your thread could have been about any of the Giants recent LBs of the last 3 years or so.
                        They havent found the right mox yet. You named 4 teams with very good LB corps. After thinking about it not too mnay teams have very good to great LBs....seems harder than realized to put together a consistently solid group

Comment

• Originally posted by Riverboat76 View Post

What's annoying about Reese is he really hasn't even tried to fix it other than drafting a bunch of guys in late rounds and moving Kiwi. Its like he doesn't take the position seriously.

I mean he drafts Sintim in the second round who was a 3-4 backer and tries to turn him into a 4-3 backer. Does he think this is some sort of video game?

Comment

• Originally posted by burier View Post
                            What's annoying about Reese is he really hasn't even tried to fix it other than drafting a bunch of guys in late rounds and moving Kiwi. Its like he doesn't take the position seriously.

I mean he drafts Sintim in the second round who was a 3-4 backer and tries to turn him into a 4-3 backer. Does he think this is some sort of video game?
                            I agree.....but I dont agree about the whole 3-4 vs 4-3 thing with LBs. Mabey just my ignorance for the scheme but it seems if Kiwi can become a decent LB why couldn't Sintim become a 4-3 LB??
                            I think its just one of those things that just didnt work out.

Comment

so basically your thread could have been about any of the Giants recent LBs of the last 3 years or so.
                              They havent found the right mox yet. You named 4 teams with very good LB corps. After thinking about it not too mnay teams have very good to great LBs....seems harder than realized to put together a consistently solid group
                              Kiwi has been the one constant LB over the years and he just got rewarded with a big contract before the season...and I don't think his play justifies it. That is why I singled him out.

Comment

I agree.....but I dont agree about the whole 3-4 vs 4-3 thing with LBs. Mabey just my ignorance for the scheme but it seems if Kiwi can become a decent LB why couldn't Sintim become a 4-3 LB??
                                I think its just one of those things that just didnt work out.
                                Its not impossible. I think you can switch a backer from a 3-4 to a 4-3 but conventional wisdom says a smoother transition would have been to move Sintm to DE.

I just dont think you should gamble with your early picks like that.
                                Last edited by burier; 10-04-2012, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X