Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Mathias Kiwanuka ever made a big play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Has Mathias Kiwanuka ever made a big play?

    Of course I am being a little facetious when I ask the question, but my only memory of any significant play in Kiwanuka's career was playing the Titans in Vince Young's rookie year when and Kiwanuka didn't complete the sack on Young which ultimately cost the Giants the game.

    JPP makes plays. Boley makes plays. In years past Tuck and Osi made plays. But for a guy who seemingly gets a lot of respect around here not to mention a new contract I never hear his name mentioned on any broadcasts of any of the Giant games. He seems invisible. The guy has 7 tackles in 4 games this year. If he is too big and slow to play LB, perhaps its time for him to transition back to the line.

  • #2
    We screwed the guy by making him play out of position. He's a really good player but he's not a great linebacker.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

    Burier: Yes.

    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

    Burier: Yes. I promise.

    Comment


    • #3
      I agree, I think he has been playing out of position. But this isn't a new development, he has been average at best for years at LB. A guy like this doesn't need to be playing in space. A guy this big should be rushing the QB.

      Comment


      • #4
        I have no idea why you guys keep saying this....KIWI was one of the top rated linebackers in the NFL vs the run last year......a linebackers job is to defend the run....how is he not doing a good job?.....some just do not get it....as opposed to someone like OSI that makes 3-4 spectacular plays a year and misses the rest...I'll take the guy that makes all the plays and doesn't get the spotlight
        "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

        1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
          I have no idea why you guys keep saying this....KIWI was one of the top rated linebackers in the NFL vs the run last year......a linebackers job is to defend the run....how is he not doing a good job?.....some just do not get it....as opposed to someone like OSI that makes 3-4 spectacular plays a year and misses the rest...I'll take the guy that makes all the plays and doesn't get the spotlight
          Im sorry but if the guy was such an elite run-stopper he wouldn't have 7 tackles in 4 games.

          And I'm not defending Osi, he sucks too.

          Comment


          • #6
            One bad game and players start getting singled out, like Fanince69 says he plays the run very well and will blow up fullbacks.
            The Gigalo with the most below

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Riverboat76 View Post
              Im sorry but if the guy was such an elite run-stopper he wouldn't have 7 tackles in 4 games.

              And I'm not defending Osi, he sucks too.
              +1

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Riverboat76 View Post
                Im sorry but if the guy was such an elite run-stopper he wouldn't have 7 tackles in 4 games.

                And I'm not defending Osi, he sucks too.
                It's not just about tackles it is about gap discipline and forcing the RB into your arms for a tackle or someone else's arms for a tackle. If he is playing disciplined run defense when given the opportunity to he will force RB's into someone's tackle for little or no gain.
                Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Riverboat76 View Post
                  Im sorry but if the guy was such an elite run-stopper he wouldn't have 7 tackles in 4 games.

                  And I'm not defending Osi, he sucks too.
                  How many tackles someone has is a bull **** stat most times anyway...how many missed tackles does he have? how many times have they run the ball his way?how many times has he sealed the edge and forced the play inside? when you can provide those numbers then we will talk about tackles... ?
                  "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

                  1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
                    How many tackles someone has is a bull **** stat most times anyway...how many missed tackles does he have? how many times have they run the ball his way?how many times has he sealed the edge and forced the play inside? when you can provide those numbers then we will talk about tackles... ?
                    Bingo we have a winner, I said similar in my reply. We are on the same wavelength lol.
                    Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      my god. such bandwagoners. we just won a friggin SB...we're 2-2 tho so we prob should question every player and abort ship, blow it up n start anew

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        riverboat, and u do realize that PFF rated Kiwi one of the top rated LB's vs the run, right? and that last yr he had a bunch of TFL, iirc 4 or 5 sacks, and an int IIRC...guy balls.
                        would i like to see him at DE more than LB? YES.

                        but dude has made a career of making plays for the Giants...lets not second guess JR on everyone

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post
                          Bingo we have a winner, I said similar in my reply. We are on the same wavelength lol.

                          too many so called fans just look at the stats and make an assumption not really understanding the stat.....there are many stats that can be quoted to make almost any argument.....look at ALL the stats and watch how a player plays within the team concept ...that is how you judge
                          "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

                          1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            This is what I don't understand, the people crawling out of the woodwork to defend this guy. Look, Navorro Bowman is an elite run-stopper. He doesnt drive the runner into other peoples arms, he simply makes the tackles. 45 of them in 4 games in fact.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Are we analyzing every single player on the team now? Lol
                              Mood: WOOF!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X