No announcement yet.

Just saw the Barden play again just now on ESPN32 and noticed something

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, some people really take it personally if you point out an Eli mistake. It happens, even to 2 time SB MVP's.

There was a lot of mistakes in that game, and even Eli made a few, but the fact is that it should not have come down to that play.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

It might be possible that he was in the mode of " throw it to the sideline or no where" because of fear of not being able to stop the clock with a play finishing in bounds. Im sure that he may have written off throwing it in the middle of the field before even receiving the snap.

Comment

Bennett was all alone but it's gone now. Time to move on.
        sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

There's no guarantee that a sideline pass would stop the clock, WR has to go out of bounds while the defender is draped all over him. If Bennett was wide open Eli has to throw his way, I chalk it up to another one of those brain cramps on Eli.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
            Barden is Eli's bear hug buddy, Eli wanted Barden to shine, favoritism in sports exists, I'm sure Eli supporters won't mind even at the cost of losing a game.
            That is the biggest pile of BS that i'v seen on these boards this season. Eli would never favor one receiver over another, if it meant loosing a game.

Comment

There's no guarantee that a sideline pass would stop the clock, WR has to go out of bounds while the defender is draped all over him. If Bennett was wide open Eli has to throw his way, I chalk it up to another one of those brain cramps on Eli.
              I think Eli is at the bottom of the QB list if we are counting brain cramps. Would be a great NFL stat though with Romo, Cutler, and Sanchez at the top of the list.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                If you dont look at where the pass is going and look in the middle of the field and watch Bennett you will see that he goes down the field uncovered. Eli could of hit him around the 10/12 yard line and he could of walked in for the GAME WINNING TD and we are 3-1 instead of 2-2... UNREAL..

This is the 2nd time Eli has missed a WIDEOPEN Reciever. Remember when he hit Beatty in the hands who dropped it and Bradshaw was standing alone in corner of the endzone?....

Bennett was that wide open. IF you are going to take a shot down the field take a look all around. He didnt have pressure when he threw it so there was time to look at bennett.

Take a look at it guys and let me know what you think. Hine sight is 20/20 so its water under the bridge now but it makes me so mad
                I seen the replay a few times but didn't notice that it did seem that the ball was over thrown...I'm not sure it would have been intercepted...yeah it sucks... just wasn't meant to be

Comment

Originally posted by dannydufflebags View Post
                  It might be possible that he was in the mode of " throw it to the sideline or no where" because of fear of not being able to stop the clock with a play finishing in bounds. Im sure that he may have written off throwing it in the middle of the field before even receiving the snap.
                  This is basically what I've heard is that he was looking sideline only. Eli has further commented that he should have thrown it back shoulder to Barden.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
                    This is basically what I've heard is that he was looking sideline only. Eli has further commented that he should have thrown it back shoulder to Barden.
                    yeah I believe that's the story, TC alluded to the same in an article RF posted earlier today...

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                      Just that the knock on him is stuff like that. Why he doesn't get the respect some of the others get..
                      Every QB I've seen play in this game has made mistakes that didnt win the game. It doesnt happen to Eli more than anyone else. In fact, he actually makes the most plays that win games. He doesn't do it this time, and of course we all flip out about it.

And a guy who has 2 SB wins and MVP's misses an open guy and doesn't get respect the "others" get because of that? okay then.......

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
                        Every QB I've seen play in this game has made mistakes that didnt win the game. It doesnt happen to Eli more than anyone else. In fact, he actually makes the most plays that win games. He doesn't do it this time, and of course we all flip out about it.And a guy who has 2 SB wins and MVP's misses an open guy and doesn't get respect the "others" get because of that? okay then.......
                        I'm not flipping out about it. Was just making a point. I don't think that. But that's the perception.. As far as the thread goes was just reporting what I noticed. Take it for what it's worth
                        Football has been very, very good to us.
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                        4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE
                        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by Dorothy View Post
                          That is the biggest pile of BS that i'v seen on these boards this season. Eli would never favor one receiver over another, if it meant loosing a game.
                          If there's any favoritism involved its the spots where Eli throws the ball.

Comment

Barden is Eli's bear hug buddy, Eli wanted Barden to shine, favoritism in sports exists, I'm sure Eli supporters won't mind even at the cost of losing a game.
                            Eli likes big targets. he as always preferred throwing to oversized targets, reason being even when they're not open they most often come up with the catch. When Eli develops good rapport with a receiver he usually forces it to them on 2-3 throws a game. He did it with Plax and SS and he does it with Nicks and I'm sure he'll try it with Barden. What would you do if you had a 6'6 WR...the same **** thing.
                            Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Bennet was not wide open. The LBer in charge of coverage of Bennett read Eli and jumped towards the side Eli threw at right about the time Eli threw it.

Had Eli peeped back over at Bennett, or worse, stared Bennett down, coverage would have been there no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
                                Bennet was not wide open. The LBer in charge of coverage of Bennett read Eli and jumped towards the side Eli threw at right about the time Eli threw it.

Had Eli peeped back over at Bennett, or worse, stared Bennett down, coverage would have been there no doubt.
                                If Bennett keeps running straight he is wide open there is no way a LB can keep up with him and that is about as wide open as you can get in the nfl.....
                                sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
                                X