Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just saw the Barden play again just now on ESPN32 and noticed something

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
    Why is it UNREAL? Do you really expect a two time super bowl MVP to make perfect split second decisions all the time?
    I say we bench him & bring in Sanchize.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
      Barden is Eli's bear hug buddy, Eli wanted Barden to shine, favoritism in sports exists, I'm sure Eli supporters won't mind even at the cost of losing a game.
      I don't know if this was said in the last few pages, but Eli liked the match up he had with Barden on that play. Think he only had eyes for the route and no others. I saw Bennett running wide open and was screaming at the TV for him to throw it. I thought he definitely would have and was pretty pumped for a split second thinking "oh **** they just handed us the game".

      Oh well, everyone screws up here and there.

      Comment


      • #63
        I find it funny that the OP, an ardent Eli supporter, is being called out by his Eli loving peers for bringing up a mistake.
        http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
        http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
        http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

        Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

        Comment


        • #64
          You guys serious? The reason he "looks" all alone is because the ball is already on it's way down the field. When Eli first looked to his left there was over/under coverage on Bennett......it wasn't until the ball was halfway to Barden that the defenders released him. It was a read and the right read regardless of separation. One on one on the outside to a receiver with a size advantage.

          The way the original post read I was expecting to see Bennett with a free release and no one within 15 yards of him. Far from the case.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post
            You guys serious? The reason he "looks" all alone is because the ball is already on it's way down the field. When Eli first looked to his left there was over/under coverage on Bennett......it wasn't until the ball was halfway to Barden that the defenders released him. It was a read and the right read regardless of separation. One on one on the outside to a receiver with a size advantage.

            The way the original post read I was expecting to see Bennett with a free release and no one within 15 yards of him. Far from the case.
            This is exactly correct. No way was Bennett as wide open as people are making it sound. There was a LB'er right with him until Eli releases the throw to Barden. I still say they should have just run the ball up the gut to center the FG try and hope Tynes, who had yet to miss a kick this year, makes a FG from that distance.

            Time to forget about it and move on. Close this thread out Bennett was never the option and was not even close to being wide open.
            Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

            Comment


            • #66
              to me it looks like Bennett didn't come open until Eli committed to throwing at Barden.
              Last edited by burier; 10-03-2012, 09:40 AM.
              My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

              Burier: Yes.

              My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

              Burier: Yes. I promise.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by BigBlueOnes View Post
                The only smart one so far. As soon as Eli releases the LB pulls off, Bennet was hardly wide open when he made his read. Watch again.
                Thank you for actually knowing how to watch a football play and not just make assumptions.


                Originally posted by M00KIE View Post
                Something not being said here... If you watch the vid, you can clearly see the play was going to Barden from the start. There was no progressions on that play. Eli never even looked anywhere else so to complain Bennet was open doesn't matter. Not to mention they are racing the clock. Eli can't be sitting there picking and choosing at that point.

                As Eli said, it was a bad throw and Barden actually made a smart play by not allowing a turnover. The Eagles, for whatever reason have our number. Why is that so hard to come to terms with? They can beat us every game for all I care, it hasn't won them a superbowl yet. We'll bounce back.

                Yes you are right, according to pre snap reads, Eli said he thought Barden had the best chance. So he threw it.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                  I find it funny that the OP, an ardent Eli supporter, is being called out by his Eli loving peers for bringing up a mistake.
                  ..because it couldnt possibly that they just disagree with his assesment... and if they do they are a "lover" over a un-biased "supporter" in your latest labeling...

                  I dont know how many times there will be a replay of broken up play or a well defended play and it never fails that you hear "DUUUUUUUUUUDE the other guy was WIIIIIIDE open!!"

                  It would benefit the game so much if the ALL 22 view was incorporated into the broadcast so that people can see just because a receiver is open when the other receiver's play is broken up, it doesnt mean they were open when the reads are made.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Eli has done enough already in his career to get a pass on this. He is not the first QB to not make the perfect decision on every play.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      just watched this play on the all 22 film

                      I'm not blaming Eli ...... absolutely not

                      but it would have been fantastic if he looked straight up the seam and saw Bennett running completely alone

                      I know hindsight is 20/20 ...... but our boy missed that one

                      you can see that Eli doesn't even look his way

                      just an unfortunate turn of events.

                      on to Cleveland
                      Last edited by YATittle1962; 10-03-2012, 12:51 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        The defender release. Barden may have been more open but not wide open.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by GIANTSACK View Post
                          The defender release. Barden may have been more open but not wide open.
                          he was still 1 on 1 with a huge height advantage. I dont a gree with the play call but nit a terrible decsion. Not the best throw and Barden mugged Namdi. Eli was prob thinking the worst that can happen is that it goes incomplete...idealy. Then they kick from the 27 anyway.
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
                            ..because it couldnt possibly that they just disagree with his assesment... and if they do they are a "lover" over a un-biased "supporter" in your latest labeling...

                            I dont know how many times there will be a replay of broken up play or a well defended play and it never fails that you hear "DUUUUUUUUUUDE the other guy was WIIIIIIDE open!!"

                            It would benefit the game so much if the ALL 22 view was incorporated into the broadcast so that people can see just because a receiver is open when the other receiver's play is broken up, it doesnt mean they were open when the reads are made.
                            There are plenty that got really defensive over him pointing it out at all. Its one thing to disagree. It's another to get butt hurt about it.
                            http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

                            Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                              just watched this play on the all 22 film

                              I'm not blaming Eli ...... absolutely not

                              but it would have been fantastic if he looked straight up the seam and saw Bennett running completely alone

                              I know hindsight is 20/20 ...... but our boy missed that one

                              you can see that Eli doesn't even look his way

                              just an unfortunate turn of events.

                              on to Cleveland
                              I agree he had enough time to at least look his way and never did. I do not think if he looked that way first though that Bennett would be as wide open as it may appear on the film even on the 22 which I have also seen. It was not like Bennett got a free release and no Eagles player was within defendable reach of him. He did not get a free release and there was a LB'er right with Bennett and the LB'er only vacates after Eli releases the throw. However, if he looks off Bennett then looks at Barden for a second then comes back to Bennett, it might have been a TD. He stared Barden down and threw it to him. Staring him down like that won't help you look off the LB'er who was near Bennett.
                              Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                looks to me like the safety let him go once the ball was in the air.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X