Just saw the Barden play again just now on ESPN32 and noticed something

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post
    I agree he had enough time to at least look his way and never did. I do not think if he looked that way first though that Bennett would be as wide open as it may appear on the film even on the 22 which I have also seen. It was not like Bennett got a free release and no Eagles player was within defendable reach of him. He did not get a free release and there was a LB'er right with Bennett and the LB'er only vacates after Eli releases the throw. However, if he looks off Bennett then looks at Barden for a second then comes back to Bennett, it might have been a TD. He stared Barden down and threw it to him. Staring him down like that won't help you look off the LB'er who was near Bennett.
    yeah

as soon as Bennett cleared the LB the safety was still back pedaling and it would have been a sure TD if Eli just took his eyes off Barden for a second ..............and if Bennett caught the ball that is

no use crying over spilt milk though.....it happens

on to Cleveland

Comment

Originally posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
      Barden is Eli's bear hug buddy, Eli wanted Barden to shine, favoritism in sports exists, I'm sure Eli supporters won't mind even at the cost of losing a game.
      GTFO with that BS. Eli wants to WIN games. The Giants dont play favorites, Especially ELI. That is all.POST!
      "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Comment

easy play would have been 5 yard checkdown to Bradshaw but I don't know if Eli trusted his hands..........The closest LB'er was about eight yards away so it would have give him a clear path to the sidelines if you look at the play it was probably the safest bet.

Comment

as most of you said bennett was prob not as wide open as i first thought. however like was also posted all he had to do was kinda commit to barden and pump fake then to back to bennett and it could of been a TD. but i will agree the safest play in that situation was a checkdown. Remember we still had time for another incompetion after the PI on Barden. and then still had 15 seconds left. I think we could of hit AB1 and still had time to run another quick out to sidelines with about 22 seconds left. would of made for a heck of alot easier FG thats for sure.
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Bottom line is we lost games in both SB years we should have won during the Regular Season. This year will be no different. The key is to learn from your mistakes and improve as the year progresses. Then when we get down to the HOME stretch we again will be in Playoff mode and hopefully make a run at another title. Nice part about losing one like that is we have a WHOLE bunch more games ahead of us that will hopefully make us forget this one
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE

Comment

ever take in to consideration that Bennett was wide open because the ball was thrown a while before? That safety coming over was probably nearer to Bennett than Barden.

Comment

Originally posted by BallinNY View Post
                ever take in to consideration that Bennett was wide open because the ball was thrown a while before? That safety coming over was probably nearer to Bennett than Barden.
                I just did. in the previous post. I agree that he wasnt as wide open as i originally thought. I still think he could of made that play work by freezing the LBer. though

4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE

Comment

yes tc made the wrong calls and eli the wrong choice, now we move on because they both know and it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                    yes tc made the wrong calls and eli the wrong choice, now we move on because they both know and it happens.
                    Correct

4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE

Comment

Yes, he was wide open- this happens but I was more concerned about the draw play. Running a draw is not a bad call UNLESS you have no timeouts. That running play from the 27 yard line cost Giants 2 more passing plays.

Comment

We were going for a safe play. What would you say if Bennet had caught the ball then tripped and was touched down and the clock ran down to :00 with out us getting a chance to attempt the field goal? It doesn't matter who the QB is no one is going to throw the ball in the middle of the field with that little time left and no time outs.

Comment

Originally posted by NYFG View Post
                          We were going for a safe play. What would you say if Bennet had caught the ball then tripped and was touched down and the clock ran down to :00 with out us getting a chance to attempt the field goal? It doesn't matter who the QB is no one is going to throw the ball in the middle of the field with that little time left and no time outs.
                          That play started with 47 seconds left. I think they would have been more then enough time to get down and spike it. even if the play took 20 seconds they could lf got down there to the line of scrimmage within 27 seconds to clock it...

but like was said in this thread earlier. Bradshaw was the safe play. would have gained 8/9 yards and prob got out of bounds which would have given them time for one endzone shot priob to kicking a FG

4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                            If you dont look at where the pass is going and look in the middle of the field and watch Bennett you will see that he goes down the field uncovered. Eli could of hit him around the 10/12 yard line and he could of walked in for the GAME WINNING TD and we are 3-1 instead of 2-2... UNREAL..

This is the 2nd time Eli has missed a WIDEOPEN Reciever. Remember when he hit Beatty in the hands who dropped it and Bradshaw was standing alone in corner of the endzone?....

Bennett was that wide open. IF you are going to take a shot down the field take a look all around. He didnt have pressure when he threw it so there was time to look at bennett.

Take a look at it guys and let me know what you think. Hine sight is 20/20 so its water under the bridge now but it makes me so mad

Unfortunately, Eli doesn't get to see the field from the comfort of your couch like you do!
                            You ever see the game from his vantage point? I watched a football game live from the endzone and couldn't tell what the hell was going on .......and that was a College game that is played at half the speed of the NFL! Be carefull, because you're starting to sound like one of those Monday morning know it all talking heads.
                            "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
                              Barden is Eli's bear hug buddy, Eli wanted Barden to shine, favoritism in sports exists, I'm sure Eli supporters won't mind even at the cost of losing a game.
                              This is a joke right? Wow, there are some morons pretending to be Giant fans.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                                If you dont look at where the pass is going and look in the middle of the field and watch Bennett you will see that he goes down the field uncovered. Eli could of hit him around the 10/12 yard line and he could of walked in for the GAME WINNING TD and we are 3-1 instead of 2-2... UNREAL..

This is the 2nd time Eli has missed a WIDEOPEN Reciever. Remember when he hit Beatty in the hands who dropped it and Bradshaw was standing alone in corner of the endzone?....

Bennett was that wide open. IF you are going to take a shot down the field take a look all around. He didnt have pressure when he threw it so there was time to look at bennett.

Take a look at it guys and let me know what you think. Hine sight is 20/20 so its water under the bridge now but it makes me so mad
                                You're wrong about Bennet being open on that play. Only reasont the safety moved over was becasue the ball was already in the air and he was running to the ball. That safety was definintly initially in middle zone coverage. Eli would have had to throw a perfect ball to even get it in over the LB and under the safety and even if he does MB prolly gets blown up before crossing the goal line.
                                All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Working...
                                X