X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Through Week 4.....Giants Defense Ranked #22

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...1&d-447263-n=1

Weeeeeeak Saaaaaaauce.
    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

eh at least we're kind of improving. whats our run game look like? id like to see how our run game was ranked weeks 1 and 4 compared to weeks 2 and 3 (bradshaw weeks 1,4 vs Brown weeks 2,3)

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
      eh at least we're kind of improving. whats our run game look like? id like to see how our run game was ranked weeks 1 and 4 compared to weeks 2 and 3 (bradshaw weeks 1,4 vs Brown weeks 2,3)
      With Bradshaw starting: bad.
      With Brown starting: good.
      "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

Comment

better then 27th lol
        sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
          better then 27th lol

Good point.

Comment

Considering I'm a huge fan of defense, man am I jealous of defenses such as the Niners, Cards, Bears etc.

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
              Good point.
              but your right that is not that good but think about when everyone is healthy whoa watch out
              D-LINE
              TUCK
              JPP
              JOSEPH
              CANTY

LB
              BOLEY
              RIVERS
              J WILL
              SAFETIES
              KP
              ROLLE

DB
              HOSLEY
              PRINCE
              WEBSTER
              and we would have incredible depth... when everyone is healthy I expect a top ten defense
              sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

A little inflated from the Bucs game. I'm predicting (more like expecting better from this talent) that our D will slowly rank better as we face the questionable Browns, an ok 49ers offense, and a wildly inconsistent Cowboys team with Romo.

Comment

The D line needs to be more disciplined against these mobile QBs, they are killing us. Additionally, we will be getting Canty back around week 6 that should help in the end. Would love to see them get Ojomo going, I think he could make a difference for us!

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                    13th in points allowed per game. That's a slightly more accurate stat over yards per game in todays NFL.
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Watching receivers blow past Corey Webster is getting old

Comment

There's a reason why I never had confidence in Perry Fewell, even after our SB run. It's the same crap all over again.
                        http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                        http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                        http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Id say we are an average defense right now. We aren't giving up the big plays, but we aren't stopping people completely. Lack of pressure up front is something Fewell needs to work on. If the QBs are firing the rock out quick to counteract the pass rush, then it is his job to figure out how to set up our LBs and Secondary to stop that. We need to be more physical.

I would like to think our defense will get better but with injuries we get who knows.
                          WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

I don't know how, our secondary has only allowed one 300 yard passer, must be the rushing defense. I think we keep coming down as the year goes. We gotta have one of the best 1st half defenses in the league lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                              13th in points allowed per game. That's a slightly more accurate stat over yards per game in todays NFL.
                              I agree with this.....yards is very misleading...example..if you have a decent lead 4th quarter....you will give up yards to eat up clock....doesn't affect outcome of game but yards against goes way up.....I have said it before....Stats can be misleading when you just look at the numbers and not the reasons behind the numbers
                              "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Working...
                              X