X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' Domenik Hixon has chance to step up with Hakeem Nicks' injury

Giants' Domenik Hixon has chance to step up with Hakeem Nicks' injury

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...m-nicks-injury

Excerpt: "Over the last two weeks, Hakeem Nicks has been out of the Giants' starting lineup with a knee injury.

His status for Week 5 against the Cleveland Browns has not yet been determined, but according to Ralph Vacchiano of the Daily News, it's not looking good.

After his 10-catch, 199-yard and a touchdown game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 2, receivers like Ramses Barden and Rueben Randle have had opportunities to step up.

Barden stepped up in Week 3 against the Carolina Panthers, but struggled in Week 4 against the Eagles. Randle has yet to be a factor at all this season.

However, against the Eagles, one receiver did step up: Domenik Hixon.

Against Philadelphia, Hixon had six catches for 114 yards, averaging 19 yards per reception with a long of 41 yards for the Giants." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

People forget that Hixon had the inside track for the #1 receiver spot when Plax went down in '08.

If he's on the field, he's always been a great weapon for Eli.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Hixon is a good player but no matter how you sugar coat it losing Nicks is a huge problem. There are only a maybe 5 WR's in the league that could take his place.

Comment

He's not as fast as Nicks, never has been. But it seems as though he hasn't lost a step after 2 ACL surguries, and that is HUGE...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Before his ACL injuries he was faster than Nicks. Nicks is not what you would call a fast WR.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
            People forget that Hixon had the inside track for the #1 receiver spot when Plax went down in '08.

If he's on the field, he's always been a great weapon for Eli.
            IA Kruunch. After his performance against the Eagles, they will have to take him seriously thereby opening up more opportunities elsewhere as well. As usual, I'm pulling for 'the gazelle"!

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
              People forget that Hixon had the inside track for the #1 receiver spot when Plax went down in '08. If he's on the field, he's always been a great weapon for Eli.
              +1
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Hixon showed what he can do last game and I still have faith in him. What krunch said - people forget that and even with his ACL, sure he lost a step but he still can provide us 3rd receiver stats. Even #2.Well be fine with him as long as he stays healthy and doesn't get Injured again.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                  Hixon is a good player but no matter how you sugar coat it losing Nicks is a huge problem. There are only a maybe 5 WR's in the league that could take his place.
                  No one is suggesting he should replace Nicks, he's a good alternative when he's down

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
                    Hixon showed what he can do last game and I still have faith in him. What krunch said - people forget that and even with his ACL, sure he lost a step but he still can provide us 3rd receiver stats. Even #2.Well be fine with him as long as he stays healthy and doesn't get Injured again.
                    Hixon is an ideal number 3 wide receiver

Comment

Again making no sense. No one gives a **** about nicks right now because this is not his thread. Hixon isn't replacing Nicks.

Comment

Before his ACL injuries he was faster than Nicks. Nicks is not what you would call a fast WR.
                        He's not as fast as Nicks, never has been. But it seems as though he hasn't lost a step after 2 ACL surguries, and that is HUGE...

We seem to have to poster with conflicting opinions on the speed of Hixon vs Nicks.hmmmm...
                        I bet if you line um up right now Hixon would smoke Nicks in the 40 yd dash since Nicks has a foot, knee,,,,, some type of leg problem anyway. I can say one thing about Nicks vs all the other WRs. He's better at getting off press coverage than the lot of them & that's a definate problem I saw in the Cowboy & Eagles game. No one could consistantly get off on press coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by jakegibbs View Post
                          He's not as fast as Nicks, never has been. But it seems as though he hasn't lost a step after 2 ACL surguries, and that is HUGE... We seem to have to poster with conflicting opinions on the speed of Hixon vs Nicks.hmmmm... I bet if you line um up right now Hixon would smoke Nicks in the 40 yd dash since Nicks has a foot, knee,,,,, some type of leg problem anyway. I can say one thing about Nicks vs all the other WRs. He's better at getting off press coverage than the lot of them & that's a definate problem I saw in the Cowboy & Eagles game. No one could consistantly get off on press coverage.
                          We had two receivers with 100+ yards. Luck?

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            We had two receivers with 100+ yards. Luck?
                            Maybe Eli?
                            "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Hicks, Nixon, whatever. Just throw him the damn ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X