• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
    ???????

this makes 0 sense....
    you envy the Jets????
    try it like this:
    I kinda envy the Jets. They always seem to be in that stress-free, "nothing to lose" situation..

Comment

Originally posted by Fee-fi-fo-fum View Post
      try it like this:
      I kinda envy the Jets. They always seem to be in that stress-free, "nothing to lose" situation..
      better.....
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Someone should tell the Jets to join the club... we've lost our starting CB to an ACL 3 years in a row... before the season even started!

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Not Rolle....he is one of the most undisciplined players on the D. He is good but he is out of poisiotn alot and doesnt go with the scheme as much as he should. NOt a good example IMO for a capt. Tuck, although not performing well, can still be a very good captain. in his defense they have hardly ever shown any Giants' player pumping up the team on any kind of regular basis. You saw BJ a few times over the years and Tuck last year a couple of times. However we have no idea what goes on in the locker during the week or before a game.
          I hear ya. More of a hypothetical I was thinking. There has to be an underlining issue with Tuck aside from injury. Maybe it's age, or just slow start to the season. Hopefully he picks it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mistanihan View Post
            I hear ya. More of a hypothetical I was thinking. There has to be an underlining issue with Tuck aside from injury. Maybe it's age, or just slow start to the season. Hopefully he picks it up.
            Yeah....I dont nkow. It seems he is on fire at times and other times not so much. He did get a few pressures the other night but something has to get better within that group.
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Yeah....I dont nkow. It seems he is on fire at times and other times not so much. He did get a few pressures the other night but something has to get better within that group.
              Tuck needs a monster sack or FF to get fired up. I feel like this week is going to be a big weekend for our D.

Comment

Originally posted by Mistanihan View Post
                Tuck needs a monster sack or FF to get fired up. I feel like this week is going to be a big weekend for our D.
                hope so......they need it.

Comment

The player that is most respected in the locker room should be captain imo. It doesn't matter if you're a back up or don't have great production. When rookies are made captains, something is wrong.
                  http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                  http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                  http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Stats and leadership don't go hand in hand. It's about having the respect of teammates from how you handle yourself during the day-to-day stuff of being a professional athlete. Tuck is a good locker room guy.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

Originally posted by BeatYale View Post
                      Stats and leadership don't go hand in hand. It's about having the respect of teammates from how you handle yourself during the day-to-day stuff of being a professional athlete. Tuck is a good locker room guy.
                      +1 trillion! Tuck has been there and has stepped up and taken the role when Strahan left. The guy is a grizzled vet and knows what he is talking about. He has the respect of the players and I believe is one of the people who made Rolle realize doing things Coughlin's way works.

Comment

I'm surprised this is even an issue. We seemed to get burned by guys not staying in their lanes and maintaining their containment. This is something for the coaches to fix....

Comment

The same could be said about Blackburn...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

I'd say effort and leadership go hand and hand and Tuck is a halfassed player. How many times is he gonna miss the the ball carrier and then walk around behind the play as it unfolds.

Its not just the coaches who see that. The players see it to and at that point you either are given the impression that its ok to give up on plays since Cap is doing it. Or you tune Cap out all together.
                            My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                              The same could be said about Blackburn...
                              And I'd have no problem with Blackburn being the captain. Everything he stands for is great and should be respected.
                              http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                              http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                              http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

how does one become captain. I was under the impression that the players elect the captians. If this is the case, then they obviously know or see something that many posters on here do not regarding Tuck.

Comment

Working...
                                X