Cruz Tells Randle to Step It Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenZone View Post
    What is this garbage on this thread libeling Randle? It takes time for receivers to learn an offense and become comfortable in a massively complex offense in which routes are run on intuition. We are just finished hearing all sorts of blather how it took three years for Barden and Toomer before him to become established receivers.

First, someone says not motivated. Next, he has an "attitude problem." Are you armchair coaches in the locker room establishing this information first hand?

Did Eli have an attitude problem when he stunk up the place in his first year, when he was thrust into the lineup to gain experience and showed facial expressions that some didn't like?
    It's what Cruz said, no?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by GreenZone View Post
      What is this garbage on this thread libeling Randle? It takes time for receivers to learn an offense and become comfortable in a massively complex offense in which routes are run on intuition. We are just finished hearing all sorts of blather how it took three years for Barden and Toomer before him to become established receivers.

First, someone says not motivated. Next, he has an "attitude problem." Are you armchair coaches in the locker room establishing this information first hand?

Did Eli have an attitude problem when he stunk up the place in his first year, when he was thrust into the lineup to gain experience and showed facial expressions that some didn't like?
      His lack of motivation was referred to on national tv and was confirmed by Cruz. What are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
        All of what Cruz says is true (and I love Cruz) but he should have kept it inside the locker room. IMO
        Normally I'd agree with you 100%, jomo. But, it's been camp, 4 preseason games, and 3 real games. I'd assume Cruz has spoken to him before. We don't know what has gone on to date. Like, perhaps we don't know the real scoop about JPP dunking Prince. Perhaps Cruz thinks this is the only way to get Randle's attention... to bring more pressure to the guys work ethic, and embarrass him into waking up... and risk the bad feeling he will get from Randle for exposing him. After all, it's the guys salary$$$ that is really a forbidden territory... Like, when Tiki opened his mouth regarding Stray's contract.

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
          Yeah you're right. But I think it will be more like 6 years 35 mil. I feel like 9.5 million a year is just too much and the Giants wont pay that. Plus we need to sign Hakeem eventually and Cruz & Hakeem will probably have very similar deals. there is no way we can pay 2 WR's 8+ Million a year.
          I would sign him tomorrow for 6 years, $35M.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            This is just an example of the things we don't know. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that we will never hear about.
            I don't know . . . . seems a little convenient for me . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
              I would sign him tomorrow for 6 years, $35M.
              Me too.

But there is no way Nicks gets a 5-7 year, 7-9 million/year contract without Cruz getting the same.

Can we afford two 6 year contract worth 16-18 million per year combined?? Thats a serious cap hit.

Comment

Originally posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
                I don't know . . . . seems a little convenient for me . . . .
                Here's a quote of Cruz:

“Rueben has to understand that this is a business now, it’s not just come out here, lollygag, because you may not be getting as much reps as somebody else, that you shouldn’t be giving as much effort," Victor Cruz told The Post. “He has to understand that each and every day he walks in here he’s a professional and he has to perform no matter what’s being asked of him."

I'm not sure what you mean by "convenient" but whatever Randle is or isn't doing has gotten some attention now that we need him to step up.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Front Office either explains this to both players and they come to terms with making only 5-6 mil a year and having one of the best Tandems in the league, or one of them walks...

Comment

Front Office either explains this to both players and they come to terms with making only 5-6 mil a year and having one of the best Tandems in the league, or one of them walks...
                    Pretty much. There'll be more in endorsements and extra-curricular activities for Victor than for Hakeem so if both players are willing to be flexible and keep this together, I'd think Hakeem would get the bigger deal with Victor agreeing to take less considering Victor will be able to make a lot more off the field than Hakeem ever will.
                    Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

I think they find a way to keep them both as long as Eli is expected to be here.

Comment

Here's a quote of Cruz:

“Rueben has to understand that this is a business now, it’s not just come out here, lollygag, because you may not be getting as much reps as somebody else, that you shouldn’t be giving as much effort," Victor Cruz told The Post. “He has to understand that each and every day he walks in here he’s a professional and he has to perform no matter what’s being asked of him."

I'm not sure what you mean by "convenient" but whatever Randle is or isn't doing has gotten some attention now that we need him to step up.
                        Collinsworth mention his work ethic during the game. Before that I had never heard of Randle having an issue. I guess that info is out there for a reason.
                        Cruz is doing the righ thing. Every player has to practice like he is a starter. If you practice like a back up then you will always be one.
                        Practice how you play.....right???
                        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                          Collinsworth mention his work ethic during the game. Before that I had never heard of Randle having an issue. I guess that info is out there for a reason.
                          Cruz is doing the righ thing. Every player has to practice like he is a starter. If you practice like a back up then you will always be one.
                          Practice how you play.....right???
                          I'm not a big fan of airing locker room laundry, but here's a case where Randle is going to have to be "next man up" and, it seems, he's not been preparing for that eventuality.

Comment

Here's a quote of Cruz:

I meant that the late news of Barden's concussion seemed a little convenient . . . like a belated excuse for his mistakes down the stretch of the Eagles loss.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of airing locker room laundry, but here's a case where Randle is going to have to be "next man up" and, it seems, he's not been preparing for that eventuality.
                              sometimes that work though. Hopefully it does. The kid seems to have the skills. Now he needs the attitude and desire.
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I think what Cruz did is just fine. However, there is this little part in the back of my brain that thinks Cruz may be slightly envious that Randle was drafted early, and will make more money in his first 4 years than cruz will have.
                                Does Cruz really come off as though he would feel that way?
                                Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-03-2012, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X