Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is a big time Silver Lining in all these injuries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • There is a big time Silver Lining in all these injuries

    The non-starters have a lot to prove and enthusiasim-

    Correct me if I'm wrong but a lot of veterans on our squad put it on automatic until our backs are against the wall late in the season

    They do enough to keep their jobs but do not tend to dominate their opponents

    Also Eli has made them a bit lazy........they know he is fully capable of dragging the team to a victory late in the game

    Here are a list of people I would like to see on the field more-

    Stevie Brown- so far he looks like the best Free Agent we have found since Cruz
    Ojomo
    Herzlich (as an Inside LBr and Outside LBer) rotating in.....maybe its time to move Kiwi back to DE
    David Wilson (in the backfield or as a slot receiver)
    Boothe (at center)
    Bear Pascoe (he is money, and rarely drops a pass).....we can also use the two TE set
    Jacquain Williams
    Jayron Hosely
    Andre Brown (as the feature back- Bradshaw as a relief pitcher)
    Markus Kuhn (at DE/DT until Ojomo returns- Osi is embarassing)
    Will Hill
    Mitch Petrus at Guard- he could not do worse than what we have out there on running plays
    Barden (he has performed well and made me a fan when he had the presense of mind to stop that INT)
    I am no fan of Osi and Baas.........both are liabilities at this point. Baas cannot move the pile or snap the ball, Osi cannot stop the run or get to the QB

    Some of these Vets need to sit and think aobut their futures. If they do not want to play at a high level each time the ball is snapped. I do not think Osi will be back next year and he seems to be determined to avoid over-exerting himself. As for Tuck he has made himself ordinary.

    Also why not give Wilson a chance to return a couple of punts?

    I am almost glad Philips is off the field and Rolle is not wowing me this year either.........in the long run all these DB injuries might turn out to be more of a blessing than a curse.....we are morphing into a younger tougher Backfield......Stevie had 7 tackles against the Eagles- 2 in their backfield

  • #2
    This team is looking one-dimensional again.....very similar to the team that got swept by the Redskins last season.

    Our running game has returned to its normal form.....lousy.

    Our defense is ranked #22 in the league.

    The gameplan is to throw deep with Manning, from the beginning of the game until the end.

    The sooner the new guys get a chance, the better.
    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

    "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
      The non-starters have a lot to prove and enthusiasim-

      Correct me if I'm wrong but a lot of veterans on our squad put it on automatic until our backs are against the wall late in the season

      They do enough to keep their jobs but do not tend to dominate their opponents

      Also Eli has made them a bit lazy........they know he is fully capable of dragging the team to a victory late in the game

      Here are a list of people I would like to see on the field more-

      Stevie Brown- so far he looks like the best Free Agent we have found since Cruz
      Ojomo
      Herzlich (as an Inside LBr and Outside LBer) rotating in.....maybe its time to move Kiwi back to DE
      David Wilson (in the backfield or as a slot receiver)
      Boothe (at center)
      Bear Pascoe (he is money, and rarely drops a pass).....we can also use the two TE set
      Jacquain Williams
      Jayron Hosely
      Andre Brown (as the feature back- Bradshaw as a relief pitcher)
      Markus Kuhn (at DE/DT until Ojomo returns- Osi is embarassing)
      Will Hill
      Mitch Petrus at Guard- he could not do worse than what we have out there on running plays
      Barden (he has performed well and made me a fan when he had the presense of mind to stop that INT)
      I am no fan of Osi and Baas.........both are liabilities at this point. Baas cannot move the pile or snap the ball, Osi cannot stop the run or get to the QB

      Some of these Vets need to sit and think aobut their futures. If they do not want to play at a high level each time the ball is snapped. I do not think Osi will be back next year and he seems to be determined to avoid over-exerting himself. As for Tuck he has made himself ordinary.

      Also why not give Wilson a chance to return a couple of punts?

      I am almost glad Philips is off the field and Rolle is not wowing me this year either.........in the long run all these DB injuries might turn out to be more of a blessing than a curse.....we are morphing into a younger tougher Backfield......Stevie had 7 tackles against the Eagles- 2 in their backfield
      For some odd reason, I can't really argue with any of this. Except for maybe the whole Wilson in the slot bit.

      Comment


      • #4
        Not to say the defense has been great but ranking at this point are useless. The #4 offense in he league right now is KC and hey are 1-3 I believe.

        Comment


        • #5
          Phillips is one of the top safeties in the league hands down, no questions asked. That's really the only issue I have with this though, vets getting complacent sometimes i dono what is going through Tucks head lately

          Comment


          • #6
            I don't know if Philips is all pro material but he has an MCL.......I really do not want him back anytime soon. Play the healthy

            The biggest issue is Andre Brown..........Play the man

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
              This team is looking one-dimensional again.....very similar to the team that got swept by the Redskins last season.

              Our running game has returned to its normal form.....lousy.

              Our defense is ranked #22 in the league.

              The gameplan is to throw deep with Manning, from the beginning of the game until the end.

              The sooner the new guys get a chance, the better.
              I think I may be right, but correct me if I'm wrong, we ended up winning the SUPERBOWL.

              Comment


              • #8
                I don't think it is a silver lining; however, you bring up a number of salient points. I think that Boothe would be a better Center than Baas, even though Boothe did have a couple of snap issues last year. I don't know if I trust Petrus, he came into camp in rough shape and looked terrible in the pre season. Wilson needs to master the running back position, screens from there should be his forte.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Maybe the silver lining is that like last year, some of the players will start returning at the right time to help the momentum swing in the Giants' favor. We can all hope.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
                    I don't think it is a silver lining; however, you bring up a number of salient points. I think that Boothe would be a better Center than Baas, even though Boothe did have a couple of snap issues last year. I don't know if I trust Petrus, he came into camp in rough shape and looked terrible in the pre season. Wilson needs to master the running back position, screens from there should be his forte.
                    Boothe having snap issues is no longer a selling point for Baas if Baas is also having snap issues...

                    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Injury Updates

                      @RVacchianoNYDN C David Baas, G Chris Snee, LB Keith Rivers, CB Jayron Hosley, RT David Diehl, CB Michael Coe were all working.

                      Not practicing:
                      @RVacchianoNYDN
                      Not practicing today: WR Hakeem Nicks (knee), S Antrel Rolle (knee), CB Corey Webster (hand) ...

                      No mention of Phillips. I imagine he's not practicing either.
                      Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                        The non-starters have a lot to prove and enthusiasim-

                        Correct me if I'm wrong but a lot of veterans on our squad put it on automatic until our backs are against the wall late in the season

                        They do enough to keep their jobs but do not tend to dominate their opponents

                        Also Eli has made them a bit lazy........they know he is fully capable of dragging the team to a victory late in the game

                        Here are a list of people I would like to see on the field more-

                        Stevie Brown- so far he looks like the best Free Agent we have found since Cruz
                        Ojomo
                        Herzlich (as an Inside LBr and Outside LBer) rotating in.....maybe its time to move Kiwi back to DE
                        David Wilson (in the backfield or as a slot receiver)
                        Boothe (at center)
                        Bear Pascoe (he is money, and rarely drops a pass).....we can also use the two TE set
                        Jacquain Williams
                        Jayron Hosely
                        Andre Brown (as the feature back- Bradshaw as a relief pitcher)
                        Markus Kuhn (at DE/DT until Ojomo returns- Osi is embarassing)
                        Will Hill
                        Mitch Petrus at Guard- he could not do worse than what we have out there on running plays
                        Barden (he has performed well and made me a fan when he had the presense of mind to stop that INT)
                        I am no fan of Osi and Baas.........both are liabilities at this point. Baas cannot move the pile or snap the ball, Osi cannot stop the run or get to the QB

                        Some of these Vets need to sit and think aobut their futures. If they do not want to play at a high level each time the ball is snapped. I do not think Osi will be back next year and he seems to be determined to avoid over-exerting himself. As for Tuck he has made himself ordinary.

                        Also why not give Wilson a chance to return a couple of punts?

                        I am almost glad Philips is off the field and Rolle is not wowing me this year either.........in the long run all these DB injuries might turn out to be more of a blessing than a curse.....we are morphing into a younger tougher Backfield......Stevie had 7 tackles against the Eagles- 2 in their backfield
                        It's not a silver lining at all because enthusiasm to "prove" something when they get their chance to play more often than not leads to a flag fest that cancels out any positives they may have contributed!
                        How many times have we had a big play on Offense or a big stop on D negated by some Backup committing a killer penalty? Too many!
                        "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

                        John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                          The non-starters have a lot to prove and enthusiasim-

                          Correct me if I'm wrong but a lot of veterans on our squad put it on automatic until our backs are against the wall late in the season

                          They do enough to keep their jobs but do not tend to dominate their opponents

                          Also Eli has made them a bit lazy........they know he is fully capable of dragging the team to a victory late in the game

                          Here are a list of people I would like to see on the field more-

                          Stevie Brown- so far he looks like the best Free Agent we have found since Cruz
                          Ojomo
                          Herzlich (as an Inside LBr and Outside LBer) rotating in.....maybe its time to move Kiwi back to DE
                          David Wilson (in the backfield or as a slot receiver)
                          Boothe (at center)
                          Bear Pascoe (he is money, and rarely drops a pass).....we can also use the two TE set
                          Jacquain Williams
                          Jayron Hosely
                          Andre Brown (as the feature back- Bradshaw as a relief pitcher)
                          Markus Kuhn (at DE/DT until Ojomo returns- Osi is embarassing)
                          Will Hill
                          Mitch Petrus at Guard- he could not do worse than what we have out there on running plays
                          Barden (he has performed well and made me a fan when he had the presense of mind to stop that INT)
                          I am no fan of Osi and Baas.........both are liabilities at this point. Baas cannot move the pile or snap the ball, Osi cannot stop the run or get to the QB

                          Some of these Vets need to sit and think aobut their futures. If they do not want to play at a high level each time the ball is snapped. I do not think Osi will be back next year and he seems to be determined to avoid over-exerting himself. As for Tuck he has made himself ordinary.

                          Also why not give Wilson a chance to return a couple of punts?

                          I am almost glad Philips is off the field and Rolle is not wowing me this year either.........in the long run all these DB injuries might turn out to be more of a blessing than a curse.....we are morphing into a younger tougher Backfield......Stevie had 7 tackles against the Eagles- 2 in their backfield


                          I definately agree that its time to move Kiwi back to DE and play the SAM spot by comittee.

                          let Tuck and Osi rotate in during garbage time.
                          My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

                          Burier: Yes.

                          My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

                          Burier: Yes. I promise.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Tuck only seems to be able to get up for the late season games anymore.......but I'd rather hve a mr october than a mr may

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Kuhn is S-L-O-W. Needs some speed training before he makes any difference doing ANYTHING in the pros. Mitch Petrus is an abomination, my grandpa could clog a hole on him.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X