• manning to shockey
    started a topic Giants Hakeem out vs. Browns

Giants Hakeem out vs. Browns

New York Giants ‏@Giants
    Hakeem Nicks will not play this weekend per Coach Coughlin

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
    WR Hakeem Nicks will not play on Sunday, Coughlin said. #NYG

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
    Coughlin said Nicks' issue is a combination of his foot and knee. Doctors are hoping the extra rest will help him heal. #NYG

• Captain Chaos
    replied
    I'm sad; however, we need to get him healthy...

Leave a comment:

• TuckandRolle
    replied
    I'll be surprised if he plays vs 49ers. Thinking against the Skins. Haters gonna hate. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. Not trying to win a discussion.

Leave a comment:

• giantsfan420
    replied
    doesnt matter who his "source" is, he's already been proven wrong.

Leave a comment:

• TextureDj
    replied
    Originally posted by TuckandRolle View Post
    A partially torn PCL takes 4-5 weeks to heal, that's why he isn't on IR. Simple logic. I didn't make an "armchair dr" assesment from watching it on tv. I was told what his status was from a family member of the ownership. Small difference there I'd say.
    I find it hard to believe that one of the most secreyive teams as far as the injury report goes has family of the owners privy yo, much less leaking earth shattering injury news to you to then spill all over these forums.

At best, someone is yanking your chain......

Leave a comment:

• Moke
    replied
    If we lose, I'm blaming Nicks. This is unacceptable Mr. Nicks.

I think you aren't hurt, you just said that if the replacement refs don't come back, you're not playing.

Leave a comment:

• giantsfan420
    replied
    and u told me u didnt armchair surgeon it tucknrolle lol, u cannot tell by TV what happened unless u can see the bone sticking out or its blatant...even then people always mistake high ankle sprains for broken ankles by what they see on TV when it happens...

just saying, ralph v. is as high a source any of us could possibly have, and what he reported turned out to be true, thank god

Leave a comment:

• giantsfan420
    replied
    well as usual i was right jk but not really. adam shefter reported its just swelling that arose bc of the ankle rehab, and that the giants want him to rest to get the ankle as healthy as possible and that he will return for SF.

Appreciate the try TucknRolle but I can gladly say u were wrong. And to the other poster who listed 1-4 what "it could be", u forgot to list what it actually was, minor swelling.

Leave a comment:

• JB456
    replied
    I'm too big a G-Men and Nicks fan to make that up buddy. Watch the last few falls he took during that game and look up how to tear a PCL. I found it hard to believe once I was told that it was his PCL that was causing him to miss the Panthers and not the foot as everyone initially suspected. But I looked it up for myself and couldn't believe it. His exact motion towards the ground, with his knee at that angle, combined with such force...perfect storm. Sucks. But hopefully he'll be back within a couple weeks.
    So, that means he will have rested the knee for three weeks as of this Sunday. Is the worse case scenario 5 weeks for this type of injury? probably not, right...I hope he makes it back for the 49rs cause I don't see how we win that game without him as has been mentioned multiple times.

Leave a comment:

• TuckandRolle
    replied
    Originally posted by JB456 View Post
    If this is actually legit inside info, thank you. To an extent, this makes sense why he hasn't been IR'd and the Giants are using Nicks as a decoy.

If you are some pipply dweeb making this crap while typing nonsense from your moms basement, I hope your zip cream runs out and your balls never drop.
    I'm too big a G-Men and Nicks fan to make that up buddy. Watch the last few falls he took during that game and look up how to tear a PCL. I found it hard to believe once I was told that it was his PCL that was causing him to miss the Panthers and not the foot as everyone initially suspected. But I looked it up for myself and couldn't believe it. His exact motion towards the ground, with his knee at that angle, combined with such force...perfect storm. Sucks. But hopefully he'll be back within a couple weeks.

Leave a comment:

• JB456
    replied
    A partially torn PCL takes 4-5 weeks to heal, that's why he isn't on IR. Simple logic. I didn't make an "armchair dr" assesment from watching it on tv. I was told what his status was from a family member of the ownership. Small difference there I'd say.
    If this is actually legit inside info, thank you. To an extent, this makes sense why he hasn't been IR'd and the Giants are using Nicks as a decoy.

If you are some pipply dweeb making this crap while typing nonsense from your moms basement, I hope your zip cream runs out and your balls never drop.

Leave a comment:

• TuckandRolle
    replied
    Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Nicks probably wont be back until the bye at the earliest.

Been saying this for a week now. Do you guys have short memories? The Giants..especially Tom Coughlin is notorious about releasing as little information as possible about big time injuries.

Nicks will probably not see much of the field this year. I know this comes off as negative, but keeping expectations low is always a good thing.

keep dreaming fellas...
    Our bye week is week 11. Just can't see this happening. Specially with what I've been told. That being said, I'll be very disappointed if you're right.

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Speaking of Bing they may need to get him back on the team with all the injuries.
    Where is CC Brown when we have our backs against the wall?

Leave a comment:

• CowboysSuck
    replied
    Nicks probably wont be back until the bye at the earliest.

Been saying this for a week now. Do you guys have short memories? The Giants..especially Tom Coughlin is notorious about releasing as little information as possible about big time injuries.

Nicks will probably not see much of the field this year. I know this comes off as negative, but keeping expectations low is always a good thing.

keep dreaming fellas...

Leave a comment:

• johnson
    replied
    Originally posted by giantsforce View Post
    OK, Lets get one thing straight: We know that he has swelling in the knee. The reasons:&
    1. Arthritis
    2. Torn meniscus
    3. Ligament damage
    4. 2 & 3
    5. All of the above

Assuming he does not have arthritis yet, it leaves us guessing between 2, 3 and 4. Now depending on the extend of the injury, which only the Giants organization knows and they are not telling the full story, he may be back in 1 - 3 weeks or he may be done for the season. Here is a list of the various knee injuries:

PCL
    • Grade I: Partial tears of the PCL.
    • Grade II: Isolated, complete tear to the PCL.
    • Grade III: Tear of the PCL with other associated ligament injury.
    Treatment: Nonoperative treatment is recommended for most grade I and grade II PCL tears.

MCL
    • Grade I MCL Tear: This is an incomplete tear of the MCL. Most athletes miss 1-2 weeks of play.
    • Grade II MCL Tear: Grade II injuries are also considered incomplete tears of the MCL. The pain and swelling is more significant, and usually a period of 3-4 weeks of rest is necessary.
    • Grade III MCL Tear: A grade III injury is a complete tear of the MCL. Patients have significant pain and swelling, and often have difficulty bending the knee. A knee brace or a knee immobilizer is usually needed for comfort, and healing may take 6 weeks or longer.
    Treatment: most often surgery is not necessary for the treatment of an MCL tear

ACL
    ACL reconstruction surgery is the standard treatment for active people who sustain an ACL tear.

Meniscus tear
    Treatment of a meniscus tear depends on several factors including the type of tear, the activity level of the patient, and the response to simple treatment measures. Sometimes surgery is not necessary.

Let's stop guessing and speculating and wait until the truth comes into light. As far as I am concerned, a knee injury combined with the foot injury, will keep Nicks in the sidelines for most of this season. I am sure that the Giants organization will not risk bringing Nicks back prematurely.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X