Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't think our players are hungry anymore... some of them anyway...... JPP?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romo, Vick & Cam are elusive, athletic, scrambling QBs, even Freeman can run when he has to. Our D line is not always gonna have success vs those type of QBs cuz they can elude the pass rush & either take off for yardage or throw the ball away or complete it to a reciever. We will probably have more success vs the pocket passers that are less elusive.

I have confidence that the sacks & pressures will come.

Comment

I think Tuck and Osi are bringing these guys down. They are our top vets. Tuck took it upon himself to be a leader. A leader can't mope and display a beaten attitude. We have so much youth on the D. Youth is so impressionable. If they see doubt, or a vet they look up playing half-a**ed, its going to rub off. I see it on my job all the time. I don't know maybe its the constant injuries getting into their heads. I hope TC can pull another rabit out of his hat this year. We will need it just to be respectable.
      # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Lack of production is killing them emotionally and wearing them out. All they need is one good game and everything will be on the up and up again. Maybe Cleveland is the game this happens or maybe Cleveland is the game that causes the bottom to drop out. Winning fixes everything, winning convincingly will repair all the egos.

Comment

Originally posted by thomsoad View Post
          And the Eagles Oline is a pillar of strength?!!
          No, which is why we were getting stellar pressure until the Eagles started shortening their drops, max protect, draws, etc. Cardinals only had Ryan Williams to plod and trip for 3 yards here or there.
          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
            Our D-line has looked pathetic this season. Pathetic.

The Rams just destroyed the Cardinals O-line

Plenty of teams are doing MUCH more with much less.
            The rams dont have much less. Chris Long is one of the best DEs in the league, and Quinn was the 14th overall pick.

Going against the worst OL in the league and a stationary QB.

Rams have invested more (in terms of draft picks) in their DL than the giants have.

Comment

[QUOTE=GameTime;518091]
              Originally posted by GIANTSED101 View Post
              I completely agree w/ the no huddle. The Eagles were running in different lineman all game long and for some reason we never changed up the tempo. Everybody and they mama knows Eli is at his best in the no huddle but for some reason we never run it enough. It seems like KG doesn't like giving Eli the keys all the time and rather be the one driving if you know what I mean.[/QUOTE

makes no sense really why he would be like that. Kind of odd.....
              You just hit on the "problem" The Eagles have quality depth on the DLine that they use on purpose. We have depth on the DLine that we use when necessary (Ojomo and Tracey). We rely on the once fearsome foursome whose asses are clearly dragging. They take themselves out of the game instead of working depth into the game plan.

I could've had a V-8
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

This topic is certainly food for thought. The Cowboy game showed a disturbing lack of intensity in both trenches. The DL has not shown, in any game, the wrecking crew we need to make up for our depleted/average quality secondary. On the positive side, the same could be said for parts of last year.
                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                  This topic is certainly food for thought. The Cowboy game showed a disturbing lack of intensity in both trenches. The DL has not shown, in any game, the wrecking crew we need to make up for our depleted/average quality secondary. On the positive side, the same could be said for parts of last year.
                  You know, we use multiple running backs because we wear a featured back into the ground. Why not this DLine? I think they are now living on their reputations which, at least recently, isn't getting the job done. We add some fresh, eager legs to the "planned rotation" and see if we can't get the numbers we're looking for.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

good points RF

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      You know, we use multiple running backs because we wear a featured back into the ground. Why not this DLine? I think they are now living on their reputations which, at least recently, isn't getting the job done. We add some fresh, eager legs to the "planned rotation" and see if we can't get the numbers we're looking for.
                      No problem at all with this approach.

Comment

Agreed RF. We just don't have the talent on the D-line we once did. I remember Alford and Robins stepping in and having an impact on a lot of plays. Haven't seen the same with Austin and Kuhn. I hope Canty can be the spark when he finally returns.
                        # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRoc View Post
                          Agreed RF. We just don't have the talent on the D-line we once did. I remember Alford and Robins stepping in and having an impact on a lot of plays. Haven't seen the same with Austin and Kuhn. I hope Canty can be the spark when he finally returns.
                          Haven't heard anything about Canty in a couple of weeks. I remember when he groused about being put on the PUP in training camp then groused about being shelved for the start of the regular season. I guess he just likes to grouse about stuff. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
                            Some people wear the emotions on their sleeves, JPP is one of them. This is where veteran leadership needs to step in and get him back on track.
                            unfortunately our veteran leadership is also needing to get back on track

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              we've got Tracy and Ojomo waiting on the sidelines with their tongues hanging out waiting for a chance to show what they can do and we have 2 DEs walking around out there just going through the motions, maybe if we put in Ojomo or Tracy it might light a fire under the starters butts to get them going...

Comment

Working...
                              X