Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Giants Staff Must Be Doing Something Wrong To be This Injury Ravaged Every Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Giants Staff Must Be Doing Something Wrong To be This Injury Ravaged Every Season

    Look at this Injury report....more than any other team in the league
    Did Not Participate in Practice
    C David Baas (Hand)
    WR Ramses Barden (Concussion)
    DT Rocky Bernard (Quadriceps)
    LB Michael Boley (Hip)
    WR Hakeem Nicks (Foot/Knee)
    S Kenny Phillips (Knee)
    G Chris Snee (Hip)
    CB Corey Webster (Hand)

    Limited Participation in Practice
    Pos. Player (Injury)
    T David Diehl (Knee)
    CB Jayron Hosley (Hamstring)
    LB Keith Rivers (Hamstring)
    S Antrel Rolle (Knee)

    This is ridiculous and it consistently happens every friggin year!
    How the hell are the Giants supposed to remain competitive when we're a MASH unit every year?
    I didn't even know that Barden HAD a concussion....when the hell did that happen? What the hell is going on here?????
    "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

    John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

  • #2
    It seems like there might be something going on, but I think it's a huge conspiracy that just can't be avoided some times.

    Could it be the field? Or these guys getting over-worked at practice?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Moke View Post
      It seems like there might be something going on, but I think it's a huge conspiracy that just can't be avoided some times.

      Could it be the field? Or these guys getting over-worked at practice?
      They need to transfuse Ray Lewis' blood into them or something....that guy has been going balls out for like 16 years and the dude NEVER misses a game!
      "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

      John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

      Comment


      • #4
        *Shakes head*

        How is the training staff going to prevent Baas from hurting his hand? Or Rolle crashing into a camera? Or Nicks falling hard on his knee? Or KP from falling awkwardly? Or Barden getting a concussion? Or Webster breaking his hand?

        Injuries happen to every team, every year. As fans, we are just more attenuated to those of our own team.

        Comment


        • #5
          This team leads the league in hamstring injuries! Is that a LACK of proper conditioning and not being in NFL shape?
          I don't know the answers I'm asking because this has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous!
          "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

          John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Drez View Post
            *Shakes head*

            How is the training staff going to prevent Baas from hurting his hand? Or Rolle crashing into a camera? Or Nicks falling hard on his knee? Or KP from falling awkwardly? Or Barden getting a concussion? Or Webster breaking his hand?

            Injuries happen to every team, every year. As fans, we are just more attenuated to those of our own team.
            Then the giants have no luck with injuries every year. Seems like a friggen conspiracy!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
              This team leads the league in hamstring injuries! Is that a LACK of proper conditioning and not being in NFL shape?
              I don't know the answers I'm asking because this has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous!
              Actually, the Cardinals lead the league in hamstring injuries, they have five to the Giants' three. The Jets are next with four, then the Giants and Texans with three.

              Every team has guys getting hurt, not just the Giants. It's just the nature of the sport.

              Comment


              • #8
                And, Boss is out again in KC. Our influence even goes to former Giants. Look at alot of the other rosters. Though some teams don't have key players, every team has taken a hit. Many players who are playing have been bandaged up and thrown back in.

                Heck Tennessee's quarterback is out.

                http://www.nfl.com/injuries

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
                  Look at this Injury report....more than any other team in the league Did Not Participate in Practice C David Baas (Hand) WR Ramses Barden (Concussion) DT Rocky Bernard (Quadriceps) LB Michael Boley (Hip) WR Hakeem Nicks (Foot/Knee) S Kenny Phillips (Knee) G Chris Snee (Hip) CB Corey Webster (Hand) Limited Participation in Practice Pos. Player (Injury) T David Diehl (Knee) CB Jayron Hosley (Hamstring) LB Keith Rivers (Hamstring) S Antrel Rolle (Knee) This is ridiculous and it consistently happens every friggin year! How the hell are the Giants supposed to remain competitive when we're a MASH unit every year? I didn't even know that Barden HAD a concussion....when the hell did that happen? What the hell is going on here?????
                  It happens to every team.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The Packers had that injury list when they won the SB too.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
                      And, Boss is out again in KC.
                      Yeah, yet another concussion. Sad. He should probably retire.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
                        And, Boss is out again in KC. Our influence even goes to former Giants. Look at alot of the other rosters. Though some teams don't have key players, every team has taken a hit. Many players who are playing have been bandaged up and thrown back in. Heck Tennessee's quarterback is out. http://www.nfl.com/injuries
                        I think Boss has played his last game.
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          I think Boss has played his last game.
                          Eh, he got his payday in Oakland. We should all be so lucky.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
                            Look at this Injury report....more than any other team in the league
                            Did Not Participate in Practice
                            C David Baas (Hand)
                            WR Ramses Barden (Concussion)
                            DT Rocky Bernard (Quadriceps)
                            LB Michael Boley (Hip)
                            WR Hakeem Nicks (Foot/Knee)
                            S Kenny Phillips (Knee)
                            G Chris Snee (Hip)
                            CB Corey Webster (Hand)

                            Limited Participation in Practice
                            Pos. Player (Injury)
                            T David Diehl (Knee)
                            CB Jayron Hosley (Hamstring)
                            LB Keith Rivers (Hamstring)
                            S Antrel Rolle (Knee)

                            This is ridiculous and it consistently happens every friggin year!
                            How the hell are the Giants supposed to remain competitive when we're a MASH unit every year?
                            I didn't even know that Barden HAD a concussion....when the hell did that happen? What the hell is going on here?????
                            I have to ask everytime - whats a different staff going to do different to eliminate injuries that are a result of a collision - concussions, feet - hands - hip injuries?

                            Last year people were blaming TT's knee injury from JPP's leg whip on the strength&conditioning coaches.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              well wasnt part of the reason Fassel got fired was bc of constant injuries? remember how TC said how the proper work ethic and attitude would lead to less injuries or something?
                              he said Giants staff, not training staff, so maybe he meant coaches included...

                              you gotta admit, this is not a coincidence, its a trend. we constantly get ravaged by injuries every year. and no, its not the same for every team. last year we had the most injuries to starters/key depth over the past decade aside from the 0-16 Lions and a ****ty Bills team. This year feels even worse, so many starters/key depth players are hurt...its frustrating, and I know its a little silly to blame anyone for injuries, but TC did say we'd have less injuries under his watch and it just hasnt happened

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X