My plea to Tom Coughlin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
    a flea flicker is when the RB pitches back to the QB. Wilson missed a poorly thrown pitch from Eli. It was high and at his back shoulder while running at full speed across the LOS. I odnt agree he should be in the slot but I wouldnt give up on him with passes.
    What is the deal with people not knowing what a flea flicker is?
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by burier View Post
      What is the deal with people not knowing what a flea flicker is?
      maybe he just made a mistake but I like to bust balls so I corrected.......
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
        Why was Brown able to carry for 113 the week before???????? Answer- he did not telegraph every run
        Answer - Carolina Defensive Tackles. Every single Mock Draft you read or any former GM opinions you get from guys like Charlie Casserly or Bill Polian will tell you Carolina needs help at that spot. Like almost every other team in the league, we exploited that weakness.

Comment

Just what we need on here....ball busting
          "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
            Just what we need on here....ball busting
            this board is so well behaved I needed to add a bit of an edge....
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

No that's like the 5th time in my life where someone had a clear misunderstanding of the term. I met this one guy who thought a flea flicker described any trick play.
              My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by burier View Post
                No that's like the 5th time in my life where someone had a clear misunderstanding of the term. I met this one guy who thought a flea flicker described any trick play.
                from Wikiepedia...

The creation of the play has been credited to former University of Illinois coach Bob Zuppke who wrote in a 1951 letter he introduced the play while coaching at Oak Park High in 1910. Zuppke stated he intended the phrase to evoke the imagery of "the quick flicking action of a dog getting rid of fleas." [1]

Comment

from Wikiepedia...

The creation of the play has been credited to former University of Illinois coach Bob Zuppke who wrote in a 1951 letter he introduced the play while coaching at Oak Park High in 1910. Zuppke stated he intended the phrase to evoke the imagery of "the quick flicking action of a dog getting rid of fleas." [1]
                  well...my knowledge has now been enhanced....im sure to be a hit at partys with that little nugget
                  "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                    Answer - Carolina Defensive Tackles. Every single Mock Draft you read or any former GM opinions you get from guys like Charlie Casserly or Bill Polian will tell you Carolina needs help at that spot. Like almost every other team in the league, we exploited that weakness.
                    That totally explains it...........Bradshaw has not had a 100 yd game in 2 years and who knew it was because every week he has faced pro bowl tackles

Give me a BRAKE!!!!!!!!!!!! Bradshaw has had it......he is out there now running around on a bad foot with a bulging disk in his neck

Brown on the other hand is getting 113 yds a game beacuse of bad opposing tackles.......make sense to me......anyone else buying it?

Comment

That totally explains it...........Bradshaw has not had a 100 yd game in 2 years and who knew it was because every week he has faced pro bowl tackles

Give me a BRAKE!!!!!!!!!!!! Bradshaw has had it......he is out there now running around on a bad foot with a bulging disk in his neck

Brown on the other hand is getting 113 yds a game beacuse of bad opposing tackles.......make sense to me......anyone else buying it?
                      Jakkk...113 yards A GAME.....
                      no try again....1 GAME at 113 yards....

BTW .....its break....not brake....

Comment

Yes, using hyperbole is a sure fire way to convince anyone of your point. I mean, it obviously doesn't help the offensive linemen out when the opposing defensive tackles only weigh 310 and 302lbs. One is a 31 year old journeyman player and the other is a raw 2nd year player. You don't think that helped us open up those huge holes in the middle for Brown?

What happened to Brown in the Eagles game? He had a few carries to stand out from Bradshaw but never made anything happen. I guarantee you that he won't have a performance like he did against the Panthers this Sunday or against the 49ers. Maybe the Redskins at best.

Comment

they telegraphed every brown run

Comment

a flea flicker is when the RB pitches back to the QB. Wilson missed a poorly thrown pitch from Eli. It was high and at his back shoulder while running at full speed across the LOS. I odnt agree he should be in the slot but I wouldnt give up on him with passes.
                            I am going by collingsworth referring to it as such. It is , of sourse anyones guess at this point if it was intended to go back to Eli. I do agree that it could be a dubious assumption on CC's (and by extension my own) part since you dont see many gimmicks out of this club. The significance of using FF in my post was to indicate his position right in front of Eli, not even past the LOS in coverage.

I will have to go watch the play again now, I dont remember it looking like a check down.

I agree we shouldnt give up on his hands. Its hard enough to catch reliably as a rook in the NFL for guys whose main focus if route running and catching, for a running back its doubly so being sort of a "secondary" skill.

Comment

Originally posted by TextureDj View Post
                              I am going by collingsworth referring to it as such. It is , of sourse anyones guess at this point if it was intended to go back to Eli. I do agree that it could be a dubious assumption on CC's (and by extension my own) part since you dont see many gimmicks out of this club. The significance of using FF in my post was to indicate his position right in front of Eli, not even past the LOS in coverage.

I will have to go watch the play again now, I dont remember it looking like a check down.

I agree we shouldnt give up on his hands. Its hard enough to catch reliably as a rook in the NFL for guys whose main focus if route running and catching, for a running back its doubly so being sort of a "secondary" skill.
                              funny....I could have sworn CC called it a shovel pass ...which it was....

Comment

Originally posted by TextureDj View Post

wasnt a check down either. It was a designed shovel pass or pitch.....

Comment

Working...
                                X