Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants' Andre Brown can run, but he can't block

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Ive explained multiple times.

    I just dont like the resistance to change. Running game needs a spark.

    Bshaw doesnt need to be in for 80%+ of snaps in order for Eli to be adequately protected. TE's. Two-back shotgun sets. Quick passes. Most importantly, just flat out running plays with Brown and Wilson in the game. One can think of many ways to get this done without just sitting back every pass play with bradshaw next to Eli for blocking. Need I go into greater detail?

    Comment


    • #32
      I remember posting in the game thread about the blocking of Bradshaw. I can't pin point just one, but I remember posting about how good he was at picking up pass rushers. If he's not back there Eli gets sacked multiple times that night. You don't try something different against that team.

      Comment


      • #33
        Although I am decently versed in rocket science, this is far from it.

        Comment


        • #34
          They passed more tha the threw so yes he did need to be in there more.

          Comment


          • #35
            Bradshaw is a good blocker. But remember, when Eli points out the Mike LB its for the Oline and Bradshaw to set/alter their blocking schemes. Sometimes the line will purposely let someone through on one of the edges if Bradshaw is designed to be there.

            Comment


            • #36
              and does anyone remember, vs NO i think a few yrs ago, Bradshaw missed a block and eli got hit, afterwards eli was the most visually angry i've seen and he grabbed bradshaw and gestured what he was supposed to do...

              my point is even bradshaw wasnt great right away, he had to go thru a learning process. if ur not 100% confident in brown, start designing more plays that place less emphasis on the back picking up a jailbreaking blitz. theres ways u can work with the protection, i dont really buy the whole "he cant pass protect" excuse...

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
                Ive explained multiple times.

                I just dont like the resistance to change. Running game needs a spark.

                Bshaw doesnt need to be in for 80%+ of snaps in order for Eli to be adequately protected. TE's. Two-back shotgun sets. Quick passes. Most importantly, just flat out running plays with Brown and Wilson in the game. One can think of many ways to get this done without just sitting back every pass play with bradshaw next to Eli for blocking. Need I go into greater detail?
                I would also like to see both guys get more PT...but I trust the coaching staff....

                2 things bug the F out of Coughlin. Guys who fumble, and guys who cant block. If you can't be trusted in the backfield, then you're not gonna see significant playing time. Wilson was set to be the 50/50 guy until he fumbed wk 1. Both guys will see an increased role as time goes on, its just not gonna happen overnight.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                  I remember posting in the game thread about the blocking of Bradshaw. I can't pin point just one, but I remember posting about how good he was at picking up pass rushers. If he's not back there Eli gets sacked multiple times that night. You don't try something different against that team.
                  hes one of the best RB blockers in the NFL.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by TextureDj View Post
                    There were a couple of scary whiffs. Dont remember which game they were in. I even feel like I remember one for a sack. All in all e didnt do terrible in protection while Bradshaw was out. It only takes one good whiff though.
                    vs carolina brown had a pretty lousy blitz pickup and the guy got a sack, brown cut him off so it wasnt like a free blindside shot, but the play was negative.

                    if we arent playing a rb bc we're afraid he'll get eli killed, than thats an issue of the rb not knowing the terminology and checks, bc even if a rb isnt that great at blockiing but he understands the scheme and terms and checks, he can at least get in the way somewhat. if a guy doesnt know that stuff, he just goes out on a pass route when he's supposed to pick up some one, and the blitzer comes free at eli...

                    i say this bc i saw wilson pass protect in college and he wasnt bad...

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
                      hes one of the best RB blockers in the NFL.
                      Exactly. They threw the ball a lot more than they ran the ball. That's why he was playing more. They also haven't run the ball well against the Eagles since the 1st game in 2008. The Eagles love to get after the QB. You don't leave Eli back there to get hit against the Eagles.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Imagine if the Giants did this:

                        Prince and Hosley start
                        Ojomo and JPP starting DE's
                        Randle starting #2...#3(with Nicks healthy)
                        Adrien Robinson gets at least 5-10 plays a game
                        No Carr, Perrilloux for the #2
                        Wilson Starts


                        That would never happen and in some positions isnt the best idea, but I think it would be pretty cool,
                        you know, see what kind of talent we have sooner rather than later

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                          Exactly. They threw the ball a lot more than they ran the ball. That's why he was playing more. They also haven't run the ball well against the Eagles since the 1st game in 2008. The Eagles love to get after the QB. You don't leave Eli back there to get hit against the Eagles.
                          I can use the same argument. The Eagles get after the QB well...so any RB that isnt extremely well versed in pass blocking isnt going to perform amazing. Also, since we havent run the ball well vs the Eagles since 2008 (which leaves Brahsaw and Jacobs as the two main backs to run against them in these past 4 years) why not go with a fresh look? Maybe Brown or Wilson have a certain skill set that would go after the weaknesses of Eagles Defense?

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I dont think KG expects Brown to be a perfect blocker... but Im sure he finds completely whiffing on a block unacceptable which Brown did in the Carolina game. It was practically right after they were talking up how Eli hadnt been sacked since the Dallas game.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
                              No. I just think at this point its worth the gamble to spark our running game. maybe we need to put a TE in to chip on the side of interest...something other than keeping Brown and Wilson to under 5 touches
                              But the "gamble" is Eli's ability to stay upright. Worth it?
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                for the life of me I fail to see how a 113 yd running game does not take considerable pressure off the QB

                                you do not pin your ears back when you know the ball is being run through your vacated responsibility........well one guy does- Osi

                                How many sacks and pressures did we get in the second half when everyone was forced to stay home and stop McCoy?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X