Giants' Andre Brown can run, but he can't block

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Looks like Brown should have more opportunities tomorrow.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack
    Read that and was thinking that last week that Coughlin was giving Bradshaw a chance to prove why he should remain the number one. I seriously think they begin to implement more Brown into the run plays. He seems more efficient in his runs, getting almost 2 more yards per carry than Bradshaw.

I also think people are overrating Bradhaw's ability to block and that Brown is not as far a drop off as some believe. Brown has the bigger body and all he has to do is impede a rushers movement, not totally lock up on one. Yeah, I know KG says it but still I don't think it is as much of a drop off as said.
    Last edited by Rat_bastich; 10-07-2012, 04:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
      Vinny Lombardi said if you cannot run you cannot win a title........with rare exceptions that holds true today

You live by the pass you die by the pass.........ask Bill Bellicheck our little slave
      I am not disagreeing that our run game needs to improve a great deal.

However, the league is different now. If Vinny were Still around he would be saying "if you cannot pass, you cannot win"

Fact is since the rules were changed a few years ago this league has been dominated by passing teams and the importance of running has diminished. Personaly, I do not like it this way and wish they league would reconsider some of their new rules favoring passing offenses.
      Last edited by BlueSanta; 10-07-2012, 03:14 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

• We'll see what happens, our O line isn't doing that well and we are playing a pretty darn good front 7...

Comment

• Coaches u sure? U dont think 9 snaps was enough? No, lets give it to Bradshaw all day who has never had a good day running against the eagles

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
            Coaches u sure? U dont think 9 snaps was enough? No, lets give it to Bradshaw all day who has never had a good day running against the eagles
            Somebody poop in your Cheerios?
            Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. MB Rule # 1

Comment

Coaches u sure? U dont think 9 snaps was enough? No, lets give it to Bradshaw all day who has never had a good day running against the eagles
              IIRC, he had a good game @ philly last year...

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                Somebody poop in your Cheerios?
                I rewatched the Eagle game this morning fing pissed off. They had that game won and everything broke down in the last few minutes. I dont understand why everything goes wrong against that team late in games

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                  Yeah your right he is 1 for 7

Comment

Yeah your right he is 1 for 7
                    well i wasnt really right as much as it was you were wrong...just playing around. yeah 1 outta 7 but he did have that 1...IIRC he also had a good game vs them a few yrs ago

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                      That was Jacobs...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

• I am glad that they are going to give him an opportunity. Bradshaw had the same issue along with fumbling issues when he first got his opportunity.
                        Lets go, Giants!

Comment

• i'll always go with the balanced attack
                          you can win by the pass but few to none become champs that way

brown gives us the best balance

Comment

• Bradshaw has always done better when he has another back in there to take some of the carries, and Brown has earned the opportunity to get more. I just hope the situation allows them to give him more playing time to give us a true head to head comparison of what he can do compared to what Bradshaw can do against the same defense.
                            My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

• All I have to say is "would all of your Andre Brown fan like some magic beans?" I have some for sale good value. I thought David Wilson was RJ3. Real Jesus 3 with the way you guys were talking him up after his pre-season carries. There must have been 40 threads about how Wilson is going to take bradshaws job because of a handfull of nice runs. Now we have moved onto RJ4 aka Andrea brown. After a come from behind win against a team the readskins flat out dominated, and a game against the Panthers who are generally a bad team you guys all switched religions. You have left the first church of Wilson to join the Browntology.

News flash! You can not run behind a bad o-line. Example Chris Johnson. No injuries, no way he "lost a step". His line just does not get it done and he has bad games. Suddenly they get their blocking right and he rushes for 150.

Also the reason Brown did not get many carries in philly is he game out limping, so don't try to go point out he is more bigger and durable.
                              Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

• LOL can't block. He had one back block that I remember. Bradshaw has been sucking lately as a RB. But hey! He can block so let's play him more.

Comment

Working...
                                X