Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants' Andre Brown can run, but he can't block

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Giants' Andre Brown can run, but he can't block

    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ust_block.html

    Excerpt: "The Giants planned that running backs Ahmad Bradshaw and Andre Brown would split the snaps, and carries, at about 50/50 last week against the Philadelphia Eagles.

    But Bradshaw played 58 of the 68 offensive snaps. Brown was in on just nine and had five carries for 14 yards.

    On Thursday, offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride gave the simple answer: The Giants donít trust Brown enough in pass protection, and they had been forced to throw more than they had planned.

    Brown knows thatís the case and is looking to improve as a pass blocker." Read more...
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    yea. ..cant pass block, cant play. time to get it togeter AB #2

    Comment


    • #3
      im getting fed up with gilbride and coughlin carping about how every back except bradshaw cant block. its ridiculous

      Comment


      • #4
        i kinda agree, vs philly, KG has a point. but he cant pull that excuse vs Cleveland imho...give Brown a shot in pass protection, he did well vs TB when we had to make that epic comeback...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
          im getting fed up with gilbride and coughlin carping about how every back except bradshaw cant block. its ridiculous
          you're right. Lets just let ELI get murdered in the backfield....

          TC and KG are protecting their greatest asset. that is all.

          Comment


          • #6
            Either they suck at blocking, which is inherently up to coaching (ala their faults) or they really dont and are just giving fluffy answers to excuse themselves of playing favorites

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm sorry but sometimes I think KG thinks way to much. From what I've seen of Brown he is not that bad a pass protection.Also Bradshaw will not be here forever at some point you are going to have to trust some else with the pass protection. I mean really KG excuse is that we had to throw the ball more?? We were down by a TD that was it. I personally think he gave up to early on Brown. I'm not saying Bradshaw shouldn't start but at least trust him with the carries and if he is carrying the ball he not pass protecting so.....
              sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
                Either they suck at blocking, which is inherently up to coaching (ala their faults) or they really dont and are just giving fluffy answers to excuse themselves of playing favorites
                so our backup RB's inability to block is the fault of coaching staff. I see

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
                  you're right. Lets just let ELI get murdered in the backfield....

                  TC and KG are protecting their greatest asset. that is all.
                  You might be right, I'm just annoyed with it. Wilson cant play back there because he cant pass block. Now Brown apparently can't pass block. its just fristrating and I find it hard to imagine that backs like AP in his first year, Trent Richardsons first year, Doug Martin this year, etc. are really that much better at pass blocking than Wilson and Brown that their teams will let them get extended playing time and ours wont. It seems like a cop out

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
                    so our backup RB's inability to block is the fault of coaching staff. I see
                    yupp nobody learned him good
                    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

                    1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                      I'm sorry but sometimes I think KG thinks way to much. From what I've seen of Brown he is not that bad a pass protection.Also Bradshaw will not be here forever at some point you are going to have to trust some else with the pass protection. I mean really KG excuse is that we had to throw the ball more?? We were down by a TD that was it. I personally think he gave up to early on Brown. I'm not saying Bradshaw shouldn't start but at least trust him with the carries and if he is carrying the ball he not pass protecting so.....
                      Look I agree, I want to see brown get more carries too...but not at the expense of Eli. I trust KG and his judgement.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The only concern I have here with KG is that I hope he doesn't expect Brown or Wilson to be as good at pass protection as Bradshaw is. That is a ridiculously high bar to set and one that most RBs in this league can't even reach. Brown could use a little more improvement but he looks like after another game or two of experience with it, that he would be ready for a larger role in the offense.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
                          You might be right, I'm just annoyed with it. Wilson cant play back there because he cant pass block. Now Brown apparently can't pass block. its just fristrating and I find it hard to imagine that backs like AP in his first year, Trent Richardsons first year, Doug Martin this year, etc. are really that much better at pass blocking than Wilson and Brown that their teams will let them get extended playing time and ours wont. It seems like a cop out
                          if Wilson and Brown want more carries....they need to earn it...Eli will not be injured at their expense.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                            I'm sorry but sometimes I think KG thinks way to much. From what I've seen of Brown he is not that bad a pass protection.Also Bradshaw will not be here forever at some point you are going to have to trust some else with the pass protection. I mean really KG excuse is that we had to throw the ball more?? We were down by a TD that was it. I personally think he gave up to early on Brown. I'm not saying Bradshaw shouldn't start but at least trust him with the carries and if he is carrying the ball he not pass protecting so.....
                            Thank you. I think what KG meant to say was Coughlin told him to go with Bradshaw because he likes him better for no more of a reason other than hes loyal to veterans. simple.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Sounds like a coaching problem, time to earn your pay Gilbride....Fix it!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X