Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haven't heard much talk about Bennett this week?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't heard much talk about Bennett this week?

Surprised that there is not much talk about Bennett stepping up this week especially, as the G-men are so depleted at WR. Wasn't sure if it was the speedy LBs that Cleveland has or if no one thinks he will be that big of a factor. I thought last week he was held back to do more protection and blocking because of the rush. I for one think he might actually be a bigger part of the offense this week....

Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Surprised that there is not much talk about Bennett stepping up this week especially, as the G-men are so depleted at WR. Wasn't sure if it was the speedy LBs that Cleveland has or if no one thinks he will be that big of a factor. I thought last week he was held back to do more protection and blocking because of the rush. I for one think he might actually be a bigger part of the offense this week....
    Depending on how much we get from Randle, Bennett figures to have a lot of activity in the passing game
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-06-2012, 09:03 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      Depending on how much we get form Randle, Bennett figures to have a lot of activity in the passing game
      Crazy for a team that doesn't utilize the TE right? smh

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
      @Katdaddyjay 17h
      @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
      http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
        Crazy for a team that doesn't utilize the TE right? smh
        Not in a traditional sense they don't, but if we can get the interior lineman step it up a notch Bennett could get more time as a target.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Not in a traditional sense they don't, but if we can get the interior lineman step it up a notch Bennett could get more time as a target.
          Would love to see that!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
            Would love to see that!
            Maybe an opportunity today.

Comment

I was a bit surprised by the complete change in how he was used last week. I understand the need to protect the QB, but there are different ways to do that. In the first 3 weeks, they did that by using Bennet as a quick dump-off point when the pressure was coming, that was working. Last week they opted to keep him in to protect much more, giving Eli less targets but more time, that didn't seem to work as well in my opinion.
              My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Shhhh Its a secret. Seriously though. I see the tight end and running backs taking turns setting each other up this week.
                # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
                  I was a bit surprised by the complete change in how he was used last week. I understand the need to protect the QB, but there are different ways to do that. In the first 3 weeks, they did that by using Bennet as a quick dump-off point when the pressure was coming, that was working. Last week they opted to keep him in to protect much more, giving Eli less targets but more time, that didn't seem to work as well in my opinion.
                  Remember, on this team the TE is a lineman first

Comment

Remember, on this team the TE is a lineman first
                    Yes, I understand that, and Bennet was a great acquisition because of his ability to block. However, he is also a great weapon in the passing game, especially in the "green zone" and that wasn't used last week. I am all for protecting the QB, but don't understand suddenly changing something when it has been working. I am sure there was more to it than my simple observation....
                    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
                      Yes, I understand that, and Bennet was a great acquisition because of his ability to block. However, he is also a great weapon in the passing game, especially in the "green zone" and that wasn't used last week. I am all for protecting the QB, but don't understand suddenly changing something when it has been working. I am sure there was more to it than my simple observation....
                      He's had a pretty good run so far and last week we even had a TD from Pascoe. They get them involved as they can but if the OLine was better as a goup, we'd see more targets for the TEs

Comment

Really have no idea why he was not involved in the game last week, expect to see more of him today.
                        Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

I noticed Eli didn't throw his way again after he got lazy on that route that got Eli picked off

Comment

Pascoe had a touchdown? huh?

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
                              Pascoe had a touchdown? huh?
                              Yes, a 6 yarder in the fourth quarter

Comment

Working...
                              X